2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 86 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-23-2012, 01:42 AM   #851
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 11 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire
Yesterday, a Ford Field Service Rep came in at the Ford dealer that I am an assistant service manager at. He asked us if we'd had anyone coming in with this concern. We said no

So you are saying at your service department you "do not" or "have not" had any Focus owners come in and complain about this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #852
Lipshurt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92314
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Lipshurt Good Standing Member
So right now I'm at heller ford in Escondido, ca, and the head of service is being very nice to me, and we are going to take it for a spin. He says they will fix it if they can hear it. I like the guy so far:)
Old 07-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #853
wgilles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91264
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 wgilles Good Standing Member
My car is being dropped off tonight for service tomorrow...very excited to have my car clunk free! I'll post an invoice when I get it back
Old 07-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #854
Lipshurt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92314
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Lipshurt Good Standing Member
Well, I just drove with the head of the service department here. He heard the sounds right off, said its bushing and bearing noise that should NOT be there, said it's not rocket science to fix, and that they will fix it. He said it is NOT strut chuckle, much to my relief.

I told him other places have failed and it might be complicated, and he just grinned and said "this is what I do:)"

I will say that "Thomas" and "Brian" The regional rep (first names only always) seem to have prepped these guys not to blow me off like North County Ford in vista ca did.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #855
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantheman2012 View Post
And here it is. What confuses me is 'service procedures #2'. Why test it on a smooth road when the issue is clearly stated in the title...over bumps and such?

What the F?!?

They (same exact dealer) told me it didn't apply to my car... but my car was built on 12/2/2011!

Thanks for posting, though!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 07-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #856
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bames_Jond View Post
...I've had my Focus (at 30K miles) in the service dept. now for five times to repair supension-related problems. That's more suspension work than I've had done for all 6 of my vehicles before it combined (two of which had over 100K mi before being replaced). And while improved [at least for the time being], my Ford still clunks more than the Chrysler with 180K on the clock I drove during college (and I thought that was a clunker).
Have you taken your vehicle to Superior Brookdale Ford yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67gtafastback View Post
I have an early built titanium hatch which had the front end noise, twice. My dealer replaced the front springs bearing and new hardware. This was in Feb, can't recall how many KM. Last week at 20,000km the replace all the same parts again, with a different revision spring. I hope they have solved the problem...
It should do the trick; please keep me updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememo View Post
I was holding off doing something about it because I wanted to make sure Ford was using new parts that weren't going to fail again in 500 miles.

...they shrug their shoulders when god-awful noises (that are NOT normal) make their way into the cabin from the suspension and transmission.

Shame on you Ford. You're losing my respect.
Let's try to restore your faith in us, Rememo. Have you sent a PM to me with your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info? If not, please do so and I'll shoot it to your region's Customer Service Manager. Make an appointment with your dealer as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantheman2012 View Post
Well...I'm with TitaniumStick...I'm going to problem solve this regardless of what Ford does or doesn't...
If you'd like, I'm able to contact the Customer Service Manager on your behalf. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information. Do you plan on taking it in for service soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipshurt View Post
...So where is this "Thomas" character lately? Man his job must suck working for a company that looks like its going to crap all over us.
Quote:
So right now I'm at heller ford in Escondido, ca, and the head of service is being very nice to me, and we are going to take it for a spin. He says they will fix it if they can hear it. I like the guy so far:)
Quote:
Well, I just drove with the head of the service department here. He heard the sounds right off, said its bushing and bearing noise that should NOT be there, said it's not rocket science to fix, and that they will fix it. He said it is NOT strut chuckle, much to my relief...

...I will say that "Thomas" and "Brian" The regional rep (first names only always) seem to have prepped these guys not to blow me off like North County Ford in vista ca did.
I read all of the posts, especially in this forum, and have noticed you mentioned me in some of yours. I've done everything in my power to make sure your issue has been looked into properly. Bottom line, I'm glad Heller Ford is seeing this through; please let me know how it turns out. By the way, I love Ford and

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrn146 View Post
It seems that we're having 2 separate problems here. After reading the TSB I can see why my dealer was reluctant to do it. That's not the noise I hear. You won't hear my noise in a smooth parking lot, only over low speed dips or manhole covers. It's a distinct strut clunk, not a creaking/crunching sound. The parts replaced on mine were the BV6Z 5310 A springs with all the other parts listed in the TSB. I'm not wasting any more time at the dealer until there's a definite fix. It's a nice little car otherwise so hopefully Ford comes up with something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanner View Post
I'm another that has been lurking this thread waiting for reports of a definite fix. I seem to have two noises: the low speed rattle/clunk (which I can feel as an undampened vibration in the car) and a knock-knock-knock through smooth mid speed turns, both directions. The 2nd sound is much newer (just noticed around 10 000kms) while the first has been around since about 3000 kms i think, if not earlier.
Hey guys -

I'd like to notify your Customer Service Managers about this. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info. How many times have you been to the dealer, jrn146?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
...They (same exact dealer) told me it didn't apply to my car... but my car was built on 12/2/2012!
Have you contacted your CSM about this diagnosis?

- Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #857
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
At least we don't have 2013 Escapes that blow up. The Quality Control person at Ford needs to be fired. This is embarrassing.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #858
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Have you contacted your CSM about this diagnosis?
We chatted on Friday. She said to let her know if I hadn't heard from the dealer by today. I'm going to call her tomorrow...

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 07-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #859
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgilles View Post
My car is being dropped off tonight for service tomorrow...very excited to have my car clunk free! I'll post an invoice when I get it back
I may have missed your posts, but are they doing the TSB then? I'm taking my car in Wednesday to hopefully see if I can get work done! Good luck with yours! Look forward to the invoice.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #860
Shantheman2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98655
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 Shantheman2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
What the F?!?

They (same exact dealer) told me it didn't apply to my car... but my car was built on 12/2/2011!

Thanks for posting, though!
That's why I posted it...he told me the same thing...that yours didn't fall into the TSB requirements. I wasnt going to argue with him...I figured you might want that privilege.

Let me know how it goes. He said the parts are on back order and I'm having to wait. If you AVOID saying you got the TSB from me...that would be great. 8-)

Sent from my iPad using FF Mobile HD

Bookmarks & Social Networks