2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 71 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #701
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
I think there is a page in the Service Technician Manual that tells them to say "That is normal, they all do that", when there is a not an easily identifiable cause for a suspension problem. My Ti doesn't do it, yet, so my car must be the broken one.
Yes, you need to take your car in and have the clunk installed. Something is definitely wrong with your car if you haven't heard it. I told my buddy the same thing when we took his Ti for a ride...

Or, you could meet all of the clunk people at their dealerships...

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
Hatch Nation #161
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #702
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: Like yours, only better

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Yes, you need to take your car in and have the clunk installed. Something is definitely wrong with your car if you haven't heard it. I told my buddy the same thing when we took his Ti for a ride...

Or, you could meet all of the clunk people at their dealerships...
I will print out the "Clunk" chronicles and do that soon. I hate not having a normal car! Here is the new Ford Service motto, "If it isn't broken, we'll fix it till it is". Or, if "Quality is Job 1", why am I happy that my Ti is a Job 2 car?
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 07-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #703
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
I will print out the "Clunk" chronicles and do that soon. I hate not having a normal car! Here is the new Ford Service motto, "If it isn't broken, we'll fix it till it is". Or, if "Quality is Job 1", why am I happy that my Ti is a Job 2 car?
at Job 2 comment! Epic!

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
Hatch Nation #161
Old 07-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #704
shineboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60173
What I Drive: 2013 ST, 2004 Cobra

FF Reputation: 1 shineboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
I spoke to the tech today and he must really think im a MORON. he said its normal noise and he verified it with some other Foci on the lot... I was like then they are all F'ked up too. OMFG This dealer is a royal pain in the ass... if this tech is the best they have, I feel sorry for the rest of them. I will be calling my Ford Cust Serv rep on Thursday morning to get this resolved. This dealer can KMA if they have no intention of Fixing my car. BTW the new Escape is pretty sweet and the Ecoboost 2.0 got some Cahonas. Only prob I had so far is only 22-23 city MPG.
That is the standard answer when problem is big... what I got about the viabration in my trans. Not the case, it is a problem with the lutches in the trans. Escalate the problem if the dealer is playing dumb!
Old 07-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #705
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
Thomas,

You'll see on another page that I did call the dealer and they weren't sure about the newest TSB. They're way too busy this week cause of the holiday but I was going to take it in for an oil change in the next week or so, so I may stop by the service area then and see what they say.

Casey
Sonic_HedgeHog -

Okay. Schedule an appointment with them at your earliest convenience. Use this link to save on routine service: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Well, I guess I'll have to order new strut bearings and mounts, and give this fix a shot.
Zillon -

Are you planning to order these parts through your dealer or our parts site: http://www.fordparts.com/Default.aspx?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
No sir, my car shows no sign of this issue. I would just like to have as much information posted here as possible for those who are struggling to have this issue fixed.

Thanks for you help Thomas.
TboneZX3 -

You guys are most welcome! I hope your Focus operates as smooth as butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I'm probably going to at least try next week. I spoke with my service personnel, and they seemed receptive to fixing it despite the drop. Maybe because it's been documented, maybe because they have been an awesome dealership.

If they don't or don't want to, it's no big to me as the parts are inexpensive and I have access to my buddies strut spring compressor. Let us know how it turns out.
dyn085 -

I think all of the above applies as to why they're receptive! If you need to order anything, I recommend using our parts site as well: http://www.fordparts.com/Default.aspx.

Talk to you soon,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-06-2012, 06:44 AM   #706
fcbaldwin
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97264
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 fcbaldwin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbaldwin View Post
Yes, I hope the parts are updated ones too. I'll try to get the info and put it on here when I get it. I would not think that a whole new TSB would come out with the previous parts again.
I picked up my car yesterday. It turns out that the previous repairs that I got earlier in June were the same as the new TSB. They were done before it BECAME the TSB. So, nothing was done this time except that the tech and the service manager both did hear the noises and said that there's nothing that they can do about it unless Ford comes out with yet another solution.

They are going to write a report to send to Ford about this.

So this turned out to be a waste of time and money (I had a rental car for 3 days at my dealer's expense).
Old 07-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #707
Lipshurt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92314
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Lipshurt Good Standing Member
Ouch!
So I have been waiting for my call from the "customer service" rep for months now, and have sent my info twice to the ford reps that read these forums. I'm pretty sure no rep from ford is going to call me, since it has been at least four months now, but I don't know of it would even be worth it to go back to the dealer. I still think that ford needs to let us take to an independent shop, get aftermarket struts or what ever needs to be done, and then pay the bill. It's obvious that ford can't really figure it out, or has all of their best people working on other things. I was going to take it in after I got my "call" so that the dealer could not give me the standard runaround, but looks like that whole customer service thing is just a load of BS.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #708
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 8 Shade-010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Talked to my Ford rep today and they said no more repair would be done at this time, Im soooooo F'N Pissed, I was like WTF? The car is broken, why not just fix the damn thing. I had them contact their super to contact me Im gonna run this one all the way up if I have to, this is just too F'd up. If there is a problem just fix the damn problem, if they don't know whats wrong just fes up and tell us. WTF? Should I just shop for another brand? I have been a Ford Guy for YRS and have owned 22 Fords, total of 42 Cars (but other makes) hmmmmm Maybe a 6 speed turbo DartNOT, JUST FIX MY DAMN FORD
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Old 07-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #709
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 18 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Find the CEO's email and Spam him
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #710
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 8 Shade-010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Emailed the CEO, lets see if he replies or one of his employees
http://www.rebeldevil.com

Bookmarks & Social Networks