2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 52 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #511
Nutty 5.0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81405
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3 SE Sonic Blue 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 Nutty 5.0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurvistx View Post
Yeah mine was on the right side too. It's funny though because the noise was coming from the left....at least everyone who heard it says it was. Oh well I'm just glad it's gone.
Likewise I swore it was too! But it's gone now.
1993 Mustang Featured in MM/FF and 5.0 and Super Ford Magazine SOLD - 2003 Cobra SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #512
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty 5.0 View Post
Just had this done on ours along with the wiper motor recall and manual trans recall.

They ended up putting the ears on after I showed the what the sound was (They couldn't hear it at first) and then did TSB 11-11-2. After doing a few things, eventually Ford authorized throwing parts at it. They basically replaced all the components short of the left strut: coils, strut mounts and right front strut. They fixed the issue and we verified it is fixed for now. Very happy with these guys. John Kennedy Ford in Sanatoga. They've been stellar so far and I'm very particular since I've been a long time car guy.
Thanks for continuing to share your service receipts/descriptions... this will be helpful when I take my car in for this (and other) issues soon.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 06-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #513
ihdillon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88321
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 ihdillon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty 5.0 View Post
Just had this done on ours along with the wiper motor recall and manual trans recall.

They ended up putting the ears on after I showed the what the sound was (They couldn't hear it at first) and then did TSB 11-11-2. After doing a few things, eventually Ford authorized throwing parts at it. They basically replaced all the components short of the left strut: coils, strut mounts and right front strut. They fixed the issue and we verified it is fixed for now. Very happy with these guys. John Kennedy Ford in Sanatoga. They've been stellar so far and I'm very particular since I've been a long time car guy.
That's where I get my car serviced! They said the sound was normal. I need to go back and drive around with them.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #514
jjeremyy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87605
What I Drive: 2014 ST

FF Reputation: 1 jjeremyy Good Standing Member
Thought you'd all get a kick out of this - My Titanium hatch with the handling package is back at the dealer again for the clunk. I had the same struts, springs, bearings, etc. replaced a couple months ago only for the noise to come back. I kind of gave the dealer a hard time about it, and for the fact that I'm on my 3rd headliner and it's still rattling, so they gave me a free rental. My rental is a 2012 SEL sedan and it has the same exact clunk my car does, though it doesn't sound as bad. Ford needs to get it together and figure out what the problem is.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #515
Nutty 5.0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81405
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3 SE Sonic Blue 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 Nutty 5.0 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihdillon View Post
That's where I get my car serviced! They said the sound was normal. I need to go back and drive around with them.
I would. Tell them clunk around turns. I had to take the tech a few laps around back and he heard it very well...

They gave me a SE Ingot Silver hatch with only options: 203A, winter, and auto with 1500 miles. Not bad but it didn't have the clunk yet lol!

I really believe they will have a fix and bet theyíre scrambling now because it seems that it affects all trims. Probably a slow progression of noise until its loud enough. Looks like if the one mount crumbled for dyn085 than that would likely explain things. I tried to ask several questions and explained I have a shop myself so I know the noise isnít just me. Trying to find out why and explained thereís going to be many more coming in for this. Also confirmed they do an alignment and he says they do but its part of the hours included for the TSB. When I get the car on the lift this weekend Iíll see the work they did. Iím fairly confident the car should still be in spec, but they should at least check it. Unfortunately weíll have to wait until a real fix comes about. Iím just happy to have a dealer want to fix it. Most dealers have been nothing but problems.
1993 Mustang Featured in MM/FF and 5.0 and Super Ford Magazine SOLD - 2003 Cobra SOLD
Old 06-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #516
jpurvistx
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94317
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Black

FF Reputation: 1 jpurvistx Good Standing Member
Hum, that doesn't make me feel good. I hope I'm not dealing with this again in a few months.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #517
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurvistx View Post
Hum, that doesn't make me feel good. I hope I'm not dealing with this again in a few months.
Yeah me either!.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #518
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Well, those who got their suspensions overhauled on Ford's dime, please keep us in the loop as to whether the repairs worked or not.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #519
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Well, those who got their suspensions overhauled on Ford's dime, please keep us in the loop as to whether the repairs worked or not.
Mine was done 2 weeks ago and so far so good.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #520
smccarvey
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98182
What I Drive: 2012 race red sel

FF Reputation: 1 smccarvey Good Standing Member
This is absolutley horrible. I'm at the whoo hoo thread raving about this car and this car is falling apart after a few thousand miles. I'm pissed because I thought ford finally got it right. Can't wait for mine to start rattling and clunking. I should of bought a honda. Mf.

Bookmarks & Social Networks