2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 50 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #491
iceman1251
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100071
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 iceman1251 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This is what my local Ford dealership replaced. I hit a pot hole one night on the freeway and thats when i started hearing noise on my front left suspension. I got my car back today and the noise is gone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #492
wgilles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91264
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 wgilles Good Standing Member
My dealer has acknowledged something is wrong but can't seem to find a fix...most likely because they don't want to replace the spring, struts, etc. I have to bring it back to the have the shop foreman check it out.

I'm sure it will get fixed one way or another, but I'd rather not have to go through the run around.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #493
jpurvistx
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94317
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Black

FF Reputation: 1 jpurvistx Good Standing Member
Tell them to check the bearings. That was my problem....on the right side even though I thought I was hearing the noise from the left.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #494
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I just called my dealer (that was recommended to me by FORD in order to get a second opinion) and told them about some of the fixes everyone has been getting and I asked if I could bring up the service records and we could compare what had been replaced and he said, "well, we can't just go putting on parts without justification" but when I asked if he was not acknowledging the sound he said, "we determined that it was a normal characteristic of the car."

That's complete crap. I'm sorry but Ford has the technology to create a car that parks itself but they can't make one that doesn't creak and clunk down the road like a car with 300K miles?

Ford Customer Service, please help me with this because this is very upsetting!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #495
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
I just called my dealer (that was recommended to me by FORD in order to get a second opinion) and told them about some of the fixes everyone has been getting and I asked if I could bring up the service records and we could compare what had been replaced and he said, "well, we can't just go putting on parts without justification" but when I asked if he was not acknowledging the sound he said, "we determined that it was a normal characteristic of the car."

That's complete crap. I'm sorry but Ford has the technology to create a car that parks itself but they can't make one that doesn't creak and clunk down the road like a car with 300K miles?

Ford Customer Service, please help me with this because this is very upsetting!
If it can be helpfull to you, I had to see 3 different dealers to have the clunking noise, DCT and auto wiper issues adressed, acknowledged and fixed. Dealer A and B shrug it off, but dealer C, where I purchased the car did the job. Have you talked/seen your original dealer ? (sorry I'm not familliar with your history). Dealer C is making me like this car again, don't despair.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #496
jpurvistx
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94317
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Black

FF Reputation: 1 jpurvistx Good Standing Member
I would check with Don Brown in service at Prestige Ford Garland. He's been great to me and knows about this sound. They fixed mine.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #497
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
If it can be helpfull to you, I had to see 3 different dealers to have the clunking noise, DCT and auto wiper issues adressed, acknowledged and fixed. Dealer A and B shrug it off, but dealer C, where I purchased the car did the job. Have you talked/seen your original dealer ? (sorry I'm not familliar with your history). Dealer C is making me like this car again, don't despair.
This is the second dealership and the place where I purchased the car. The first dealership I took it to could not fix the problem, they acknowledged the sound but gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurvistx View Post
I would check with Don Brown in service at Prestige Ford Garland. He's been great to me and knows about this sound. They fixed mine.
Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely hit him up. Appreciated.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #498
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Just an fyi for those following this thread, I pulled my struts out to drop the car today. My top cap for the r/h strut (left was replaced by the dealer already) came apart in two pieces, allowing the bearings to fall out. I'm going to order a new one and see if my mysterious clunking disappears... It may be a few weeks due to my schedule, but I will post here when I complete the task and have results (good or bad).
Old 06-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #499
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90895
What I Drive: One less Ford

FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Keep us posted on the outcome. If it proves to work on yours, I'll do the same.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #500
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 10 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Agreed, let us know what ya find out. is the part made of Steel, Pot Metal, aluminum?
http://www.rebeldevil.com

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->