2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 48 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #471
jpurvistx
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94317
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Black

FF Reputation: 1 jpurvistx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sorry to hear it didn't fix it. I'm suppose to get mine today if the part/parts came in....I'll be surprised if they get it right the first time. I'm not taking mine home unless it's gone. If it happens to disappear then reappear later, it's going back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #472
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
My SEL Sedan is in for a number of issues, including the replacement of the rigt front coil spring that will, apparently, solve the clanking front end noise.. I hope I will get my car back this week as it's been in the shop for a full week now.

I'll keep you guys posted
My SEL just started to get some noise in the front end, I only hear it at low speed, it's not super loud. It's definitely suspension related, it only happens as I pass over ruts or driveway seems and such. What's the nature of the noise in your SEL? Is it really loud?
Old 06-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #473
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin440snopro View Post
I took it, I didn't have time to drive it over bumps to see if it was fixed right away. This car has already inconvenienced me multiple times. If it wasn't for me losing 1000's it would have been sold already.
I feel you on that one. I might just suck up the loss and trade it in for the ST. The front end seems to be completely different.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #474
jpurvistx
Focus Rookie

Clunking

I got an email from my service advisor who said they replaced the right front strut bearing. He said he drove the car all around the parking lot and over bumps and no more clunking sound. We'll see when I go to pick up this afternoon.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #475
fcbaldwin
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97264
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 fcbaldwin Good Standing Member
I picked up my car from the dealer today.
Here is what the service order said:

"Owner states there is a clunking, clanking, rattles, loud esp.with two people in the car. Check and advise..
"Road test with shop foreman and tech. and verify. Suspension/steering NVH diagnosis. All inspections found good with no apparent problems. Contact Ford Engineering and performed multiple diagnostic procedures. Remove both fron sway links and attach chassis ears and re road test. Pinpointed noise to both front strut areas. Per hotline replace both front coil springs and strut bearings. Perform 4 wheel alignment and make adjustments. re road tested by tech and foreman--all ok. Fix verified.
Parts:
Qty 2 CV6Z-5310-A Spring-front
Qty 2 AD-1094 Bearing-front.

Also got the FSA recall 12B37 reprogram upgrade for the transmission.

Driving back to the office through town, I travelled across a mixture of road surfaces. "Seems" better. It's tighter feeling, and no rattles. The suspension on this thing is very tight anyway. I need to drive it some more to feel better about this (or not feel better...)
Old 06-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #476
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
About time.

These bearings are cheap enough - only 9 bucks a piece. Looks like I've got some work to do.

FYI: The AD-1094 part number is the Motorcraft number for the same strut bearing listed in the Ford parts catalogue as CV6Z-18198A.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #477
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,143, Level 34
Points: 3,143, Level: 34 Points: 3,143, Level: 34 Points: 3,143, Level: 34
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
I hope I will get my car back this week as it's been in the shop for a full week now.
Hey Kaaru,

I'm still getting up-to-date on each individual situation, so forgive me if this has been asked before. Have you gotten a chance to call the Ford Canada Customer Relationship Centre yet? If not, please contact them at 800-565-3673 so they can review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin440snopro View Post
Got my car back yesterday and they replaced both sway bar links in the front and it DID NOT fix the noise issue.
ridin440snopro,

Go ahead and send us a PM with your info (VIN, phone #, mileage, and dealer) so either Thomas or I can set you up with the CSM for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurvistx View Post
I'm suppose to get mine today if the part/parts came in....I'll be surprised if they get it right the first time.
@ jpurvistx - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to be pleasantly surprised, then! I'm standing by for your next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
My SEL just started to get some noise in the front end, I only hear it at low speed, it's not super loud. It's definitely suspension related, it only happens as I pass over ruts or driveway seems and such.
@ smizak - Has your SEL been to the dealer yet? Please send me a PM including the VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer info so we can assist with yours as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbaldwin View Post
Driving back to the office through town, I travelled across a mixture of road surfaces. "Seems" better. It's tighter feeling, and no rattles. The suspension on this thing is very tight anyway. I need to drive it some more to feel better about this (or not feel better...)
Sweet! Keep us posted as you continue driving it, fcbaldwin!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 06-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #478
fcbaldwin
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97264
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 fcbaldwin Good Standing Member
Got home this evening to a real test...my gravel driveway. Recently, the car would shudder, shake, and rattle over the driveway...you could especially feel the rattle in the steering column. Coming in tonite it was mild and tight. Fingers are crossed!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #479
ddm8276
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90681
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hb

Points 175, Level 3
Points: 175, Level: 3 Points: 175, Level: 3 Points: 175, Level: 3
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 ddm8276 Good Standing Member
MINE IS FIXED!

For now. . .lol
Old 06-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #480
jpurvistx
Focus Rookie

Just got home with mine and the usual roads I hear the clunk on....is gone! Yay.
I hope it's permanent. Whew.

Bookmarks & Social Networks