2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 46 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #451
fcbaldwin
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97264
Location: Powhatan, VA
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium HB

Posts: 39
FF Reputation: 1 fcbaldwin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
My noise didn't disappear with the Eibachs.

I believe it's the strut bearings.
Ford thinks it's the strut bearings too, plus the springs. I hope I get my car back today so I can see for myself.
fcbaldwin is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #452
blacktoe
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 90125
Location: Sanford, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue SEL

Posts: 11
FF Reputation: 1 blacktoe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Has anyone actually had this problem fixed? My SEL has this problem and is going to dealer soon and I would like to be able to talk knowledgably about it. I have also noticed a "sympathetic" or continuing vibration after driving over 'rumble strips'.
blacktoe is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #453
Dysan911
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95746
Location: Jacksonville, FL
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

Posts: 582
FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktoe View Post
Has anyone actually had this problem fixed? My SEL has this problem and is going to dealer soon and I would like to be able to talk knowledgably about it. I have also noticed a "sympathetic" or continuing vibration after driving over 'rumble strips'.
Yep. So far so good. I had mine fixed on the 4th.

No noise as of yet and I've had many passengers in and out of the car with me lately.

Dysan911 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #454
blacktoe
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 90125
Location: Sanford, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue SEL

Posts: 11
FF Reputation: 1 blacktoe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What was fixed?
blacktoe is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #455
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast
 
ricomtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97818
Location: Montreal, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

Posts: 213
FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Yep. So far so good. I had mine fixed on the 4th.

No noise as of yet and I've had many passengers in and out of the car with me lately.

so jealous Dysan911!!! Check out my post (bottom of page 35)... although I brought them a copy of your work order, this is what they've decided to change... make any sense to you?
ricomtl is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #456
blacktoe
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 90125
Location: Sanford, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue SEL

Posts: 11
FF Reputation: 1 blacktoe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Yep. So far so good. I had mine fixed on the 4th.

No noise as of yet and I've had many passengers in and out of the car with me lately.

What was fixed?
blacktoe is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #457
Dysan911
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95746
Location: Jacksonville, FL
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

Posts: 582
FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
@blacktoe, My clanking front end. .

@ricomtl. - I read your posts on page 35. Yeah that TSB 12B37 is strictly more to do with the DCT Transmission shift points, Roll back, anti-lock brake stuff and does NOT have anything to do with the clunking noises in the front end.

If your Tech was able to replace the parts listed on my work order I think you will set. Mine had a few that were back ordered as well. I think it took about 2 weeks to get all the parts they needed in. Really makes me wonder if Ford is noticing these parts flying out the door that its time to take notice there's a major issue going on here.

I really hope for our sake the parts were updated so what I have now in my car is designed differently that what they took out. I am so scared that one day I'm going to hear that noise return but all I can say for now is. So far so good. :)
Dysan911 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #458
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast
 
ricomtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97818
Location: Montreal, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

Posts: 213
FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
@blacktoe, My clanking front end. .

@ricomtl. - I read your posts on page 35. Yeah that TSB 12B37 is strictly more to do with the DCT Transmission shift points, Roll back, anti-lock brake stuff and does NOT have anything to do with the clunking noises in the front end.

If your Tech was able to replace the parts listed on my work order I think you will set. Mine had a few that were back ordered as well. I think it took about 2 weeks to get all the parts they needed in. Really makes me wonder if Ford is noticing these parts flying out the door that its time to take notice there's a major issue going on here.

I really hope for our sake the parts were updated so what I have now in my car is designed differently that what they took out. I am so scared that one day I'm going to hear that noise return but all I can say for now is. So far so good. :)
actually, I brought it in from the transmission reflash but for the clunking as well. This is what they wrote for the clunking portion:

- Installed "chassis" ears (confirmed noise on bumps and while turning)
- OASIS TSB 11-11-02
- Check and order coil spring green tag
- Top plates & related hardware ordered

Seems to be a little different from your work order.

Can'T wait to have my apointment scheduled when parts are in...
ricomtl is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #459
Dysan911
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95746
Location: Jacksonville, FL
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

Posts: 582
FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah not really sure if my parts are the exact same or not. My work order definitely doesn't refer to anything about Green Tag. ALthough thats more to identify the type of suspension you have. I.E. Does your Ti have the handling package or not? Mine does not so perhaps I have the green tag springs as well.

Overall it seems like your getting the same stuff as me. Springs, Top plates, and when they say related hardware that means Perches, Bearings, bolts, etc.
Dysan911 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #460
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast
 
ricomtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97818
Location: Montreal, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

Posts: 213
FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Yeah not really sure if my parts are the exact same or not. My work order definitely doesn't refer to anything about Green Tag. ALthough thats more to identify the type of suspension you have. I.E. Does your Ti have the handling package or not? Mine does not so perhaps I have the green tag springs as well.

Overall it seems like your getting the same stuff as me. Springs, Top plates, and when they say related hardware that means Perches, Bearings, bolts, etc.
ok good.

I do not have the Ti with handling package, just regular Ti-Hatch...

I do hope the noise is over, it's driving me nuts!
ricomtl is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Cadillac ATS-V, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.