2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 41 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #401
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^Should you find it, you should be rewarded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #402
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Alright guys. Well I picked my car up yesterday. The Service manager told me they replaced the front Struts, Bearings, Top plates, etc. I saw on the work order even spring perches. All related to a TSB he told me. I'm assuming the older one that others have mentioned that dealt with having most of these items replaced.

I have not had a passenger ride with me yet but there is one particular turn that I hit everyday on my way home that I can always get it to rattle.

GONE!. Absolute silence!.

I will have a passenger today and will follow up this afternoon if the sound returns but I'm hopeful it appears they fixed it (At least for NOW).

There was one other person who posted recently in this thread that said this also fixed his car as of a few months back. "Jpaul" on page 32 of this thread.

What have we discovered though is this IMHO. The clunk noise I experienced was obviously related to one of those suspension parts that were replaced. Mystery solved!. It was not the overflow coolant tank, Hood prop, Sway bar end links, etc.

Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed the noise doesn't return anytime soon!

I can post a pic of my work order for anyone interested.

B.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #403
kevinxb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96008
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kevinxb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Great news. Interested to learn your results after the passenger test.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #404
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97818
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Alright guys. Well I picked my car up yesterday. The Service manager told me they replaced the front Struts, Bearings, Top plates, etc. I saw on the work order even spring perches. All related to a TSB he told me. I'm assuming the older one that others have mentioned that dealt with having most of these items replaced.

I have not had a passenger ride with me yet but there is one particular turn that I hit everyday on my way home that I can always get it to rattle.

GONE!. Absolute silence!.

I will have a passenger today and will follow up this afternoon if the sound returns but I'm hopeful it appears they fixed it (At least for NOW).

There was one other person who posted recently in this thread that said this also fixed his car as of a few months back. "Jpaul" on page 32 of this thread.

What have we discovered though is this IMHO. The clunk noise I experienced was obviously related to one of those suspension parts that were replaced. Mystery solved!. It was not the overflow coolant tank, Hood prop, Sway bar end links, etc.

Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed the noise doesn't return anytime soon!

B.
this might make my day! my appointment is tomorrow, so please keep us posted and a copy of your work order too!!! :) keeping my fingers crossed too!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #405
slowmazda3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58220
What I Drive: a rental

FF Reputation: 0 slowmazda3 Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
I havenít disappeared, HornedFrog05, just helping your fellow posters on other parts of the forum. Thanks for your patience as the dealer continues to repair the Focus. Please keep in contact with the Customer Service Manager, and let me know via PM if I can assist further.

MKorn,

Vacation sounds lovely, but nope, Iím still around.

Donít wait too long to have the noise taken care of. When you decide to visit the local Ford dealer, shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN so I can get the Customer Service Manager in the loop.

Hey Dysan911,

The doctor is on the scene and will have your Focus up and driving. Keep me posted on the results; Iíll be happy to assist further if needed.

Hi stang74shelby,

Your patience is appreciated. Shoot me a PM with the requested info if you desire the Customer Service Manager to review the issue.

Here I am, slowmazda3! Let's have the horrendous clunking noise taken care of. I can arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager for your area. For me to do so, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN.

They certainly will, revhigh, and so will I. If youíve not done so, please send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal, and dealer contact info so I can escalate the strut noise to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Afternoon Zillon,

Weíre working on maintaining your love for the Focus. Continue working with the dealer and the Customer Service Manager assigned to the case. Drop me a line via PM if you need my assistance.

We are aware of the issue, jpual, and continue to address individual concerns as they are brought to our attention.

Hey fcbaldwin,

By sending me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal, and dealer contact info, we can make this repair a smooth process. Once I receive the info, Iíll escalate the strut noise to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Hi Focus eh,

Thanks for continuing to work with the local Ford dealer. If you've not done so, please contact the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-565-3673 for assistance.

Crypticracer,

The noise can be reviewed by the Customer Service Manager for your area. To begin the escalation process, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN.

Hi theoleman,

You may have any dealer service the Focus. When you decide on the location, shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN so I can escalate the noise to the Customer Service Manager.

Thatís great to know, ricomtl! Many of your fellow posters are stating the update has really helped to smooth out the Focus. I can contact the Customer Service Manager on your behalf, and have the clunking noise reviewed. To do so, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN.

Hey Kaaru,

I'll have the Customer Service Manager for your area review the noise. Shoot me a PM with your VIN, current mileage, personal, and dealer contact info so I can begin the escalation process.

Take care all!

Noemi
PM Sent x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomtl View Post
this might make my day! my appointment is tomorrow, so please keep us posted and a copy of your work order too!!! :) keeping my fingers crossed too!
Please post the work order.

TYVM
Old 06-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #406
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:

B.
Please post your work order. I want to compare it to what I had replaced. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #407
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Hey guys. Sorry for the delay on getting this to ya.

The car passed the passenger test though. Not a single clunk or rattle.

Also there was some speed bumps that I went over and recall before the fix that they always made a strange sound when they compressed. Not that they made a clunk then but just noticeable compression sound that I assumed was normal for the struts but NOW........ Going over those same speed bumps. Not A SOUND is heard. No compression sound at all. Makes me wonder if the struts had some sort of internal failure which would sorta make sense that when you load it with a passenger it just sends it over the edge. By myself it wasn't compressed enough to really chatter where I could hear it the best.

Oh and disregard the stuff at the bottom. I had them check my latest update to my DCT tranny.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #408
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
...I am taking my car back, again, to my original dealer tomorow with a growing list of issues that needs to be adressed, including that front end clunking noise.I'll shoot you a PM with the needed infos you want, for all it's worth.
Quote:
...my appointment is tomorrow...
Hi Kaaru & ricomtl,

I appreciate the information. A representative will be contacting you soon. Please keep me posted on the results, and let me know if I can assist further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipshurt View Post
Don't hold your breath waiting for something to happen when your clunk gets "escalated"!
I sent her a PM ages ago and never heard anything, even went to the dealer to ask if anyone contacted them about my noise. Of they had not...
Hey Lipshurt,

I checked my inbox, but don't see a message. I'll be happy to escalate your concern. Please resend the info, and I'll make sure to forward the concern to the Customer Service Manager ASAP.

Quote:
Alright guys. Well I picked my car up yesterday...GONE!. Absolute silence!...
That's AWESOME to know, Dysan911! I'm looking forward to hearing more great reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmazda3 View Post
PM Sent x2...
Thanks for the info, slowmazda3. I've escalated the concern to the Customer Service Manager for your area. Please keep me in the loop, and let me know if you need further assistance.

Take care all!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 06-06-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #409
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97818
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
Got my appointment this morning. As I expected, the clunking did not occur while I was having my road test done with the mechanic guy, since it was below 20C (70F)... there was only a light clunk which he said was normal. He suggested to go for another road test as temperature warms outside (around noon).

I brought him a copy of the work order from Dysan911 and he thanked me for providing some insight on this issue. He mentionned that Ford recently issued a TSB for the front suspension, and this might be related to the issue I was describing.

Will keep you posted!

Anyhow
Old 06-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #410
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Got my appointment this morning. As I expected, the clunking did not occur while I was having my road test done with the mechanic guy, since it was below 20C (70F)... there was only a light clunk which he said was normal. He suggested to go for another road test as temperature warms outside (around noon).

I brought him a copy of the work order from Dysan911 and he thanked me for providing some insight on this issue. He mentionned that Ford recently issued a TSB for the front suspension, and this might be related to the issue I was describing.

Will keep you posted!

Anyhow
Could you get the TSB number from your service advisor? If an actual TSB is out, it would help our cause immensely.

Bookmarks & Social Networks