2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 40 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #391
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
I should go park in the median at lunch today and point a laser pointer at the approaching cars and watch them nose dive. ;)
Now that is some funny stuff right there!

Fingers crossed about your car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #392
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'm starting to get discouraged. I've had my struts replaced and still have the sound, the dealer won't replace them again. Anyone notice how Noemi (Ford CSM) has disappeared from this thread?
Old 06-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #393
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Just got a call from my Service manager. (Didn't hear the phone ring). So he left a msg that its ready for pickup. I can't imagine they would tell me that if they didn't confirm the repair fixed the issue so I'm hopeful when I talk to him that he'll tell me in detail if they found any worn part or something.

I'll let ya know. I just tried calling him back and haven't reached him yet.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #394
MKorn
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97610
What I Drive: 2012, SE, Sport, 5MT, Hatch -Silver

FF Reputation: 1 MKorn Good Standing Member
Maybe she is on vacation. :-)

I am going to drive mine till the noise is much worse and easier for them to find it. hehe
Old 06-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #395
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Have any of the guys that have gone Coilover said whether they still have the clunk?
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 06-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #396
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93741
What I Drive: 04 Ex Ltd, 08 Edge Ltd, 12 FF Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Brabs_Weather Good Standing Member
The account she uses says she is online. You guys do know that school is out in some ares she may be on vacation like MKorn suggested.
Borla Exhaust with UltraQuiet resonator
K&N X-4870. Steeda RSB
Old 06-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #397
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
I'm starting to get discouraged. I've had my struts replaced and still have the sound, the dealer won't replace them again. Anyone notice how Noemi (Ford CSM) has disappeared from this thread?
I haven’t disappeared, HornedFrog05, just helping your fellow posters on other parts of the forum. Thanks for your patience as the dealer continues to repair the Focus. Please keep in contact with the Customer Service Manager, and let me know via PM if I can assist further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKorn View Post
Maybe she is on vacation. :-)
I am going to drive mine till the noise is much worse and easier for them to find it. hehe
MKorn,

Vacation sounds lovely, but nope, I’m still around.

Don’t wait too long to have the noise taken care of. When you decide to visit the local Ford dealer, shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN so I can get the Customer Service Manager in the loop.

Quote:
Mine was dropped off this morning and is "Under the Knife". Lol…
Quote:
Just got a call from my Service manager. (Didn't hear the phone ring). So he left a msg that its ready for pickup…
Hey Dysan911,

The doctor is on the scene and will have your Focus up and driving. Keep me posted on the results; I’ll be happy to assist further if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
That what you'll have to do, I had to take the service rep out and show him, because the tech drove and didn't hear anything. The Rep heard the noise and is wanting to make sure it gets fixed…
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
Mines back in the Shop again, they ordered new Springs, spring plates and strut bearings.
Hi stang74shelby,

Your patience is appreciated. Shoot me a PM with the requested info if you desire the Customer Service Manager to review the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmazda3 View Post
I have received the runaround from my otherwise excellent dealer. Ken at Hawk Ford tried to BS me, letting me know that the horrendous hollow clunking over bumps was normal because my car was a manual transmission Focus and they would all do that...
Here I am, slowmazda3! Let's have the horrendous clunking noise taken care of. I can arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager for your area. For me to do so, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
..I'm going to take mine in and I'm sure they'll do something. If they have to replace the whole front end I don't care…
They certainly will, revhigh, and so will I. If you’ve not done so, please send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal, and dealer contact info so I can escalate the strut noise to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Well, I tried that. I got Ford Customer Service to handle my case and I've had my car into two different dealers. ..I like the car. I hate the noise….
Afternoon Zillon,

We’re working on maintaining your love for the Focus. Continue working with the dealer and the Customer Service Manager assigned to the case. Drop me a line via PM if you need my assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaul View Post
Ford is aware of this noise. I had mine fixed a few months ago. I had both front struts replaced. Some people have had motor mounts replaced in order to solve the problem…
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaul View Post
Mine was the struts they replaced both front struts and the problem was solved.
We are aware of the issue, jpual, and continue to address individual concerns as they are brought to our attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbaldwin View Post
…The noise from the front end was constant, with a predominant "tic-toc, pop, clunk, squeak". The wife remarked (unsolicited) "is something loose in this car?" We could hear it at speeds up to 20 - 25mph, but most pronounced when going slow like into and out of parking spaces or pulling up over a bump in a parking lot. I really don't look forward to the ordeal to come with trying to get it fixed.
Hey fcbaldwin,

By sending me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal, and dealer contact info, we can make this repair a smooth process. Once I receive the info, I’ll escalate the strut noise to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus eh View Post
I've now had the following parts replaced:
1. Front springs
2. CV Joint
3. Right front engine mount
4. Front struts
Noise is still there...
Hi Focus eh,

Thanks for continuing to work with the local Ford dealer. If you've not done so, please contact the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-565-3673 for assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypticracer View Post
Took my Ti into the dealer this morning for the wiper and trans recalls. Also had them repair my headliner noise as well said I heard a slight noise up front at low speeds. They called me back telling me that they are going to replace all the front suspension, they told me they know of a problem with the struts so I said fix it. Ill get the car back this Friday, keep you all posted...
Crypticracer,

The noise can be reviewed by the Customer Service Manager for your area. To begin the escalation process, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoleman View Post
I have a clunk noise in the front when going slow over bumps or rough roads I have a 2012 focus se 5 speed sedan and it has made this noise since I got it in march of this year it has about 3500 miles on it…
Hi theoleman,

You may have any dealer service the Focus. When you decide on the location, shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN so I can escalate the noise to the Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomtl View Post
My car goes in next week for the 12B37 recall (which I didn't even know applied to my March 2012 Ti Hatch!) and also going in to have a road test and address the clunking…
That’s great to know, ricomtl! Many of your fellow posters are stating the update has really helped to smooth out the Focus. I can contact the Customer Service Manager on your behalf, and have the clunking noise reviewed. To do so, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
I have this clunking noise only when I have passengers in the car...
Hey Kaaru,

I'll have the Customer Service Manager for your area review the noise. Shoot me a PM with your VIN, current mileage, personal, and dealer contact info so I can begin the escalation process.

Take care all!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 06-06-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #398
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
deleted
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #399
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Hey Kaaru,

I'll have the Customer Service Manager for your area review the noise. Shoot me a PM with your VIN, current mileage, personal, and dealer contact info so I can begin the escalation process.

Take care all!

Noemi[/QUOTE]

Noemi,

I am taking my car back, again, to my original dealer tomorow with a growing list of issues that needs to be adressed, including that front end clunking noise.

I'll shoot you a PM with the needed infos you want, for all it's worth.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #400
Lipshurt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92314
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Lipshurt Good Standing Member
Don't hold your breath waiting for something to happen when your clunk gets "escalated"!

I sent her a PM ages ago and never heard anything, even went to the dealer to ask if anyone contacted them about my noise. Of they had not.

The only way this noise is going to get solved is for people other than dealer techs to figure it out. They just don't have the motivation to trouble shoot it. It will mean hours of microphone placement etc and recording. I plan on getting on it after the 14th of June, and finding the sound by using a wireless clip on mic, and recording the sound. Moving the mic around the area until it gets narrowed down. That is a minimum of 5 hours or so unless I get lucky. No dealer will do that. They just start replacing things at fords expense. What a horrible model of troubleshooting. I guess because ford warranty is footing the bill, hey can just take a wild guess and do 800 bucks worth of stabbing in the dark to see what happens.

I ask all of us here, has anyone, even one person, ever had this noise fixed? I'm pretty sure no success has ever been reported that was not temporary.

When I find it, I want to charge ford for the diagnosis:) wish me luck on that one:)

Bookmarks & Social Networks