2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 26 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #251
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,517, Level 22
Points: 1,517, Level: 22 Points: 1,517, Level: 22 Points: 1,517, Level: 22
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Nice research! Mine is getting worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #252
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Mine has gotten worse as well, to the point where it clunks whether I have people in the car with me or not.

What really grinds my gears, though, is that I've fought tooth-and-nail with my local dealer to get this resolved, and they tell me there's nothing out of the ordinary, or they ignore it completely. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with a 21k car that sounds like a cheap chitbox.

Also, Mazda dealers are replacing these parts under warranty every day. Gotta love it.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #253
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Wow Zillon. Great work!. Is your dealer refusing to replace the strut bearings? Do you have another dealer to take your car too or can have it escalated via Ford Customer Care?

My dealer has parts on order for mine and I did hear them say Strut bearings was one of the items. I wonder if there was a bad batch of those manufactured. Correct me if I'm wrong but not every Focus has that clunking sound or do they all?
Old 05-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #254
Zillon
Focus Addict

Well, the closest dealer to me (McCafferty Ford in Langhorne) has refused to do anything.

Took the car to them three different times, had a service manager drive the car, had the shop team leader ride in the car and drive the car himself, and they both said they couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

They also compared it to a unit in dealer inventory, and said they couldn't determine a problem. Said the car was normal. On top of all that, they gave me to a service team that I specifically requested not to be given to. Needless to say, they're dead to me.

I'm going to head to a different dealer this evening in another effort to get this at least acknowledged.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #255
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

Points 13,770, Level 76
Points: 13,770, Level: 76 Points: 13,770, Level: 76 Points: 13,770, Level: 76
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 10 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Hope we can get this Chit figured out. I had to take my Service rep on a ride and he heard it right away, but the tech drove it and didn't hear anything.
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Old 05-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #256
Zillon
Focus Addict

Scheduled a test drive for Wednesday morning. Going to give my customer service rep a call and give her a heads up that I'm revisiting the issue with another dealer.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #257
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97818
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
I'm having the same EXACT issue. Just spent over 1hr reading all 22 pages of this thread, ouch!

I have a Ti Hatch (build 03-12) and I have approx. 1000km on the ODO. Problem seems to manifest itself when:

- Over 20 degrees (celcius)
- When a front passenger is present
- Low speed or while breaking only

It definately comes from the front end. I had a similar noise/behavior on my previous SUV and once the swaybar links were replaced, the noise was gone. Hopefully this can do the trick on my Focus. However, it seems other owners have changed the links and problem still persists.

I will schedule an appointment with my dealer and hopefully I can share some of my findings from this thread.

Will keep the forum updated.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #258
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
I can't wait for the day when one of us can proclaim. FIXED!. Mine should be going back I assume this week if the parts come in today or tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #259
Zillon
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
I can't wait for the day when one of us can proclaim. FIXED!. Mine should be going back I assume this week if the parts come in today or tomorrow.
Seriously.

Remember, if you're having this issue, FILL THIS SURVEY OUT: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lUekE6MQ#gid=0

Survey Results can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ENDlUekE#gid=0

I'll be printing this out and taking to the service department tomorrow as proof that I'm not the only person with the issue (and lack of resolution).
Old 05-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #260
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,147, Level 34
Points: 3,147, Level: 34 Points: 3,147, Level: 34 Points: 3,147, Level: 34
Level Up 65% Completed
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
...Mine is getting worse.
Hey gtncpa,

Take the Focus over to the local Ford dealer for a diagnoses of the noise. When you do so, shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN so I can get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Mine has gotten worse as well, to the point where it clunks whether I have people in the car with me or not...
Quote:
Scheduled a test drive for Wednesday morning. Going to give my customer service rep a call and give her a heads up that I'm revisiting the issue with another dealer.
Quote:
...I'm going to head to a different dealer this evening in another effort to get this at least acknowledged.
Hi Zillon,

Thanks for giving the dealership a chance to figure out the cause of the noise. Please send me a PM with the current mileage as well as the dealer name/location, and I’ll re-escalate your case to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
...I had to take my Service rep on a ride and he heard it right away, but the tech drove it and didn't hear anything.
stang74shelby,

Your Focus is in good hands; I’m sure the dealer will get to the bottom of the issue. I’ll be happy to add another layer of assistance by contacting the Customer Service Manager for your area. To do so, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomtl View Post
I'm having the same EXACT issue. Just spent over 1hr reading all 22 pages of this thread, ouch!...
I will schedule an appointment with my dealer and hopefully I can share some of my findings from this thread...
Hello ricomtl,

The dealer visit is a great first step. You can also have the concern documented by a rep at the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center. Give them a call at 1.800.565.3673.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
...Mine should be going back I assume this week if the parts come in today or tomorrow.
Hey Dysan911,

Great to know! Keep me posted on the results, and give me a shout out if you need further assistance.

Take care and have a great week!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks