2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 257 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #2561
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Winter tires!?!?!? ... well I was looking a mine on Sunday ... I hope I am a month or more away from putting them on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #2562
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
Winter tires!?!?!? ... well I was looking a mine on Sunday ... I hope I am a month or more away from putting them on.
I was going to wait, but I keep them at my parents' house and I have to change them outside and I didn't really feel like doing that (along with greasing the bump stops) when it's less than 40 degrees out. And my summer tires were super loud (cupped on the inside and driving me insane) and practically slicks on the outer edge of the tire.

The good news is I'm at like 41-42mpg again.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #2563
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Its funny, my winter tires are quieter than my summer tires. That almost never happens. I had Pilot Sport 3's on it from Ford, (wore them out) now I have Good Year Eagle GT's ...but my Blizzaks are quieter than both! LOL
Old 10-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #2564
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

True, but if you went from 18" to 15" rims like I did, it's like driving on clouds...

In hindsight, I don't even know why I went with the handling package when I commute 100 miles a day. I was blinded by the beauty of the 5 spoke rims.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #2565
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
True, but if you went from 18" to 15" rims like I did, it's like driving on clouds...

In hindsight, I don't even know why I went with the handling package when I commute 100 miles a day. I was blinded by the beauty of the 5 spoke rims.
LOL - I drive 95 miles per day and went for the handling package for the same reason you did! So now I cant make "U" turns ... or even "K" turns with the 18"ers. I have to make more like ... hmm ... "W" turns. But I do like the look of the 18"s much better than the look of any of the 17"s that Ford was offering.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #2566
jnlinds
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 120073
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 jnlinds Good Standing Member
Out of Focus

I am new to this group and wanted to find out if anyone has resolved their issues with the clanking in their suspension. I recently purchased a used 2012 Focus (38000 miles) which is now having the same issue especially in cold weather. Dealership is claiming they cannot duplicate noise.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #2567
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnlinds View Post
I am new to this group and wanted to find out if anyone has resolved their issues with the clanking in their suspension. I recently purchased a used 2012 Focus (38000 miles) which is now having the same issue especially in cold weather. Dealership is claiming they cannot duplicate noise.
i would demand they go for a ride w/ u in ur car and with u driving so you can duplicate the noise for them so they can hear it loud and clear. Then let them tell you it can't be duplicated. It may not get it fixed but it'll stop them from lying to you and start a paper trail for this issue.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #2568
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Dealership is claiming they cannot duplicate noise.
See if you can record the noise for us? We'll probably be more help than the dealership - especially if it's a simple fix like greasing the bump stops.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #2569
jnlinds
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 120073
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 jnlinds Good Standing Member
Will definitely record and post. I live at the top of a small hill and dealership is at the bottom. Car made the noise all the way down the hill this morning and of course would not make it once the Ford tech got in the car and drove with me. It sounds like 2 pieces of metal rattling together in the dash near the left front strut when the car is going very slow. As soon as it warms up the sound is gone. Really frustrating. Fortunately this morning I was able to work with a different technician who assured me that he does his research with the Ford Board and these type of sites. He even offered to meet me at my house in the morning before the car is started and take a ride. Maybe I will finally get some help!

Last edited by jnlinds; 10-24-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #2570
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Hey there jnlinds,

I'd like to get you in touch with your regional customer service manager to discuss your concerns. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime contact phone number, VIN, and servicing dealership.

I'll get the ball rolling.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->