2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 231 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #2301
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The warm weather has returned and so has the rattle and klunk of my front suspension.... For the love of God Ford, it's time to get this issue resolved!!!! My fathers '93 Civic with 320,000+ miles on it doesn't rattle this much! I am so dissapointed in this car. Such a shame....
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #2302
3focuslater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80943
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE/ Black/Sync/Auto/Moon

FF Reputation: 1 3focuslater Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schranky54 View Post
I brought my FF into the Dealer last week for this. They of course called back a day later telling me they, 'couldn't reproduce the sound.' I ran over there, took a drive with the guy and was happy to let him hear it. It definetly happens at very low speeds and when the suspensions travels (ie hits a bump). He advised that he will review the service bulletins there about it.

The next day they advised that they ordered a new 'Load Bearing Assembly.' The parts haven't arrived yet, but I will update everyone once they install to see if this fixes it.

did the parts they replaced fix the problem or are you still having an issue??
Old 05-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #2303
3focuslater
Focus Enthusiast

I wish there was so way to hear the noise on other cars. I tried driving another one at the dealer, but it was new and only had 8 miles on it, so compared to mine it will sound better. I have 5800 miles on my now and it sounds like a car with 130,000 miles on it... I just wish there was a recording or something to be sure that we are all complaining about the same noise. It appears that the problem comes back even when they are replacing things, so who knows it could be radiating from another part of the car to the front. at this point anything is possible. or it very well is a normal and the reason why we are hearing it is cause the front end compartment is so poorly insulated that the noise can be heard... Who know?? its just so aggravating.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #2304
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,363, Level 20
Points: 1,363, Level: 20 Points: 1,363, Level: 20 Points: 1,363, Level: 20
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Posted this morning:

6041 - 2012-2013 Focus/2013 Escape - Crunching Or Creaking-Type Noise From Front Of Vehicle - Low Speed Turns And Bumps
See TSB: 13-05-11 for details. 13-05-11
Old 05-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #2305
3focuslater
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Posted this morning:

6041 - 2012-2013 Focus/2013 Escape - Crunching Or Creaking-Type Noise From Front Of Vehicle - Low Speed Turns And Bumps
See TSB: 13-05-11 for details. 13-05-11

If you could, please post the link, I can't find it by searching for it.. also do you think the crunching or creaking tsb could also include the banging, popping and clunking noises as well...I hope so! there are so many words to use when trying to explain the problem.. lets hope this TSB will lead to a recall and this problem will be fixed once and for all... Thanks so much for the update on the TSB
Old 05-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #2306
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,363, Level 20
Points: 1,363, Level: 20 Points: 1,363, Level: 20 Points: 1,363, Level: 20
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3focuslater View Post
If you could, please post the link, I can't find it by searching for it.. also do you think the crunching or creaking tsb could also include the banging, popping and clunking noises as well...I hope so! there are so many words to use when trying to explain the problem.. lets hope this TSB will lead to a recall and this problem will be fixed once and for all... Thanks so much for the update on the TSB
I don't have a link to the TSB, only the info I posted. Don't know anything else about it. I don't have this issue.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #2307
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

Points 14,461, Level 78
Points: 14,461, Level: 78 Points: 14,461, Level: 78 Points: 14,461, Level: 78
Level Up 3% Completed
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Forum Activity 26%
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%
FF Reputation: 10 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I wi try to get the TSB and copy it to here today

Sent from my SCH-I535 using FF Mobile
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Old 05-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #2308
JasDmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105501
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti Hatch Sterling Grey

Points 199, Level 3
Points: 199, Level: 3 Points: 199, Level: 3 Points: 199, Level: 3
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 JasDmw Good Standing Member
Had the TSB appllied to the drivers side front this week and it seems to have done the trick. Don't have the invoice with me, so not sure if it's this TSB, but they had to order a "bearing" so I presume what we are talking about here is this one.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #2309
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3focuslater View Post
...lets hope this TSB will lead to a recall and this problem will be fixed once and for all...
This makes me laugh, not at you, just the idea in general that it could lead to a recall. This thread is so old now and correct me if I'm wrong long timers, this is the 3rd TSB on this suspension issue in over a year. I had the 2nd one applied to my car to no avail 1,000 miles later. Not saying a recall can't ever come of this, but I have a feeling Ford is just [bootyshak all over us and stringing this out as far as they can like
Old 05-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #2310
3focuslater
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
This makes me laugh, not at you, just the idea in general that it could lead to a recall. This thread is so old now and correct me if I'm wrong long timers, this is the 3rd TSB on this suspension issue in over a year. I had the 2nd one applied to my car to no avail 1,000 miles later. Not saying a recall can't ever come of this, but I have a feeling Ford is just [bootyshak all over us and stringing this out as far as they can like
so with all that has been done to your car the problem has never been taken care of ??? no better or no worse? I mean just a thought about all this.. having our cars looked at over and over again and things replaced again and again, could it really be normal?? is this noise so much louder and more noticable due to the lack of noise dampening materials.. the top of the struts are located almost right under the dash or pretty close... I dunno I am just thinking.. perhaps I should stop!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.