2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 224 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #2231
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
Thanks for the reply. I hear ya man! (..about the noise issue & the CSM deal..)
I think noise issues are probably one of the worst or hardest categories a dealer has to address. If it something simple, like a sloppy RV mirror or loose panel, they seems to handle those just fine.
But when it is something buried more deeply in the car, then tend to be attentive for the sake of being attentive in most cases. The open-ended nature of tracking down illusive noises must simply be
too cost prohibitive; the bean counters at FoMoCo must hate that!
That's my guess anyhow..
For sure. But man do I wish there was some way to drive up to Dearborn and stick it in a wind tunnel for 15 minutes and see where it's coming from. No doubt that would be cost prohibitive as you noted, but man, seems like a relatively easy thing to do.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #2232
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
For sure. But man do I wish there was some way to drive up to Dearborn and stick it in a wind tunnel for 15 minutes and see where it's coming from. No doubt that would be cost prohibitive as you noted, but man, seems like a relatively easy thing to do.
What would seem easy to me is to utitilize all the Ford CSR involvement on sites like this.
They collect all this information about the customer concerns and then proceed to escalate. Sounds really good on the surface. But where does all the data go?
Isn't the FoMoCo "quality is job # 1" system crunching all this data and learning from the concerns? Who's tabulating all these concerns and tracking them down and disseminating what is learned for the benefit of current & future owners; current & future models? The quality workmanship of competing products is some strong mojo!

Again, I guess it's just a matter of the inherent messy nature of noise related issues..

Last edited by BlazeFocus; 04-08-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #2233
Uptcv1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88390
What I Drive: 2012 sonic blue SE sport DCT hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Uptcv1 Good Standing Member
anyone had the most recent TSB done which changes only bearings (supposedly bearings are revised/new part#)? -if you did, notice any drive feel difference?
softer or kind of the same?
as responsive as it was?
ride height about the same? (lower? wishful thinking!)
Old 04-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #2234
delornut
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113141
What I Drive: Black 2012 Ford Focus Titainium

FF Reputation: 1 delornut Good Standing Member
Tsb 13-3-2

We tow our 2012 Titainium behind a motorhome and spent the winter in Arizona. The whole time we were there the left front suspension sounded like it was falling apart. Now back in cold Minnesota I have an appointment to have it checked for TSB 13-3-2. The problem is the suspension appears normal now with no abnormal noise. Did something happen while towing from Arizona or does the colder temp somehow have an effect. Who knows, but I suspect the dealer will tell me there's no problem they can find. I like everything about this car but for this one problem. I suspect there may have been a problem regarding the assembly plant's tooling used to install or align the front suspension. That's the only explanation I can think of to explain why some cars have the problem on one side only while others have both sides noisy while others have no problem.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #2235
jpolk84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97415
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE w/ Sport Package 5-sp

FF Reputation: 1 jpolk84 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by delornut View Post
We tow our 2012 Titainium behind a motorhome and spent the winter in Arizona. The whole time we were there the left front suspension sounded like it was falling apart. Now back in cold Minnesota I have an appointment to have it checked for TSB 13-3-2. The problem is the suspension appears normal now with no abnormal noise. Did something happen while towing from Arizona or does the colder temp somehow have an effect. Who knows, but I suspect the dealer will tell me there's no problem they can find. I like everything about this car but for this one problem. I suspect there may have been a problem regarding the assembly plant's tooling used to install or align the front suspension. That's the only explanation I can think of to explain why some cars have the problem on one side only while others have both sides noisy while others have no problem.
I can tell you my clutch squeaks in cold weather and doesn't in warm. Sounds like chirping when you engage the throw-out bearing.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #2236
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
When I had my Focus, the noise was worse the warmer it got.

Sounds about right to me.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #2237
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Let me know how the dealership visit goes, delornut. I'm happy to step in and assist; just send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name.

Thanks!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 04-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #2238
hound
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99777
What I Drive: 2012 black titanium

FF Reputation: 1 hound Good Standing Member
Mine has started this noise now to .....I had the clutch pack replaced a while back ...thinking something isnt tight or put back right....I looked under the car and noticed the felt cover isn't on right.its not tucked under on the front sides it's just bolted to the bottom.hope that's the case.it happens over speed bumps and when i hit the brakes.i have to go over seven speed bumps in my complex every morning and that's when I notice the sound.soon as I speed up it's gone
Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #2239
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound View Post
Mine has started this noise now to .....I had the clutch pack replaced a while back ...thinking something isnt tight or put back right....I looked under the car and noticed the felt cover isn't on right.its not tucked under on the front sides it's just bolted to the bottom.hope that's the case.it happens over speed bumps and when i hit the brakes.i have to go over seven speed bumps in my complex every morning and that's when I notice the sound.soon as I speed up it's gone
Hi hound,

Have you had the chance to return to your dealership so they can take a look? I also recommend reaching out to my colleagues at Ford Canada (1-800-565-3673) so they can assist.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 04-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #2240
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Two days of 80+ degree weather; still silent as can be.

Read this yesterday:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs...0-a1df03b47726

"With more than 1 million registered last year, the Focus outsold..."

I wonder how many of these vehicles have the notorious, mystery noise(s)?

Bookmarks & Social Networks