2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 22 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #211
theos2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86607
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5Dr Sterling T/401/P/N/W

FF Reputation: 1 theos2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I also had the 11-11-2 TSB done last year. it did not fix my problem...... This TSB was done at the 2nd dealer after they acknowledged the sound. When I told them the sound is still there, they said it was normal. Ford dealers and Ford policies are a JOKE! Can't wait to get rid of this car. Ford lost me and all of my family and friends from being customers for life. i have alone prevented 2-3 people from buying a Ford Focus, and make sure to tell everyone that asks me about the car about the problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
Hey guys,

Sorry it's been a while since I've been on the forum but after reading all the new comments I'm starting to get discouraged. I talked with my CSM and she told me to take it to another dealership (seems like Ford wants to shift blame on the dealership for bad repair work instead of address that there is a legit problem with their new product).

Also, I had the TSB performed on my struts and the sound was gone for about 2 weeks then came back slowly and now it's more loud than it's ever been. As soon as I get home and have access to my service documents I will update the google doc. Thanks for that by the way, pretty nifty. Hopefully we can spark change from the manufacturer because as it stands they don't seem to care.

I'll be taking my vehicle to a different dealer next week to address the noise issue but also because my back seats have come apart from the backing and the leather. I can totally see into the workings of the seat if I fold the seat down. So, my car just seems to be falling apart from all sides :(

So glad I bought a Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #212
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97170
What I Drive: 2012, Red Candy, Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Focus eh Good Standing Member
The dealer called me today and said that the tech called the hotline after replacing the strut, strut mount, CV-joint, and right front engine mount. The hotline suggested they try a TSB that apparently didn't apply to my specific model (titanium, power-shift, handling package) but that none the less may work. I believe it's the one that replaces the springs and bearings with associated hardware but the interesting part is that they had to have the car in to see which springs are currently installed as there are 3 different production versions of the same spring. They are identified by colored tags but unfortunately I don't have any specifics. All I do know is that I have the yellow ones which I'm assuming refers to a specific range of production dates. I'm waiting on a call from them hopefully tomorrow to discuss next steps which hopefully include ordering and installing new front springs.

I'll keep you all posted but I do strongly believe that this IS spring related at least in my case. The noise is more of a creek/clunk than a rattle and it is pronounced when breaking or going over uneven pavement at low speeds.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #213
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 10 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theos2 View Post
I also had the 11-11-2 TSB done last year. it did not fix my problem...... This TSB was done at the 2nd dealer after they acknowledged the sound. When I told them the sound is still there, they said it was normal. Ford dealers and Ford policies are a JOKE! Can't wait to get rid of this car. Ford lost me and all of my family and friends from being customers for life. i have alone prevented 2-3 people from buying a Ford Focus, and make sure to tell everyone that asks me about the car about the problems.
What did you get them to buy? A Honda? Chevy? or some other crap out there? Other then the Front end noise, I love the car. I do have the 5 speed so no problems there, and no MFT so not probs there either. Im sure that they will figure out WTF is up with the noise, eventually. I am a Patient person, so Im going to wait it out and keep enjoying the FF. I have been a Ford person for 22 out of my 42 cars I have owned, and have no intention of switching now.
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #214
Lipshurt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92314
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Lipshurt Good Standing Member
I am narrowing the sound down to the exhaust system. I have found that i can make the noise happen by lugging the engine a bit, which makes the exact same sound as the slow speed clunk/rattle that i get. Probably just something touching the exhaust, or possibly a motor mount issue. We have eliminated almost everything else. It's not the suspension, wheels, plastic etc......
Old 05-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #215
kevinxb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96008
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kevinxb Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
What did you get them to buy? A Honda? Chevy? or some other crap out there? Other then the Front end noise, I love the car. I do have the 5 speed so no problems there, and no MFT so not probs there either. Im sure that they will figure out WTF is up with the noise, eventually. I am a Patient person, so Im going to wait it out and keep enjoying the FF. I have been a Ford person for 22 out of my 42 cars I have owned, and have no intention of switching now.
Agreed.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #216
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

The dealer has ordered new springs for a TSB that apparently should not affect my VIN. Ford has suggested they change them out anyway so we'll see what happens. Currently, mine are identified by yellow tags if that helps anyone and it was only after they had identified the yellow tags that they suggested the repair. It would be interesting to see if we could isolate these issues by seeing who has yellow tags and who doesn't. Judging by the fact that different solutions have helped different people, this is not all the same issue. I would guess that those who have had the motor mount replaced and found success, do not have the springs with yellow tags as replacing the mount did nothing for me. Just a guess though.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #217
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Just curious, can you reproduce the noise if you drive over a speed bump?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #218
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Just curious, can you reproduce the noise if you drive over a speed bump?
Yes I can. Also uneven pavement. It's a very distinct noise and I'm almost positive it's spring related.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #219
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus eh View Post
Yes I can. Also uneven pavement. It's a very distinct noise and I'm almost positive it's spring related.
I've replaced my springs with Eibach Pro Kits, still dealing with the same exact noise.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #220
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
I've replaced my springs with Eibach Pro Kits, still dealing with the same exact noise.
I hear the Noise when going over the speed bumps. Also if I have people in the car then it's much more noticeable going over broken pavement.

Could it be the shocks?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->