2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 213 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #2121
Bogey
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104241
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 Bogey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So is this both sides of the front end , because i was told it was only one side that this could be applied too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #2122
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
So is this both sides of the front end , because i was told it was only one side that this could be applied too.
If both sides are making noise than I would believe that it would qualify, however since I don't work for Ford I can't interpret what they wanted it to say. However, if only one side is making the noise then just that side would be repaired. Which is what it said before, although I believe under 12-6-17 they were also replacing the spring and strut on the affected side by default. Where as now its only listed if that's a problem with the vehicle.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #2123
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 10 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Its states on the TSB, at top it says one side, but if you read further it mentions both sides, so kinda misleading
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Old 03-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #2124
Bogey
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104241
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 Bogey Good Standing Member
Ooi... Crystal what do you say?
Old 03-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #2125
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
Ooi... Crystal what do you say?
Let me say it for her since she seems to have gone off to the bathroom...

Bogey, we recommend that you contact your local dealership if you are experiencing any problems. They are the most qualified to help you technically.
I assist people by escalating their cases, getting their concerns documented, and making sure their information is in the right hands. I can also document feedback about your service experience. If I can't find an answer for a question you have, I can get you pointed in the right direction. If you need my assistance, reach out to me via PM and I'll see what I can do to help!

But in all seriousness, Corey may have attempted some kind of info sharing with regard to TSB's; Crystal won't.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #2126
ImaPoser
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109280
What I Drive: 2013 focus hb titanium in perf blue

FF Reputation: 1 ImaPoser Good Standing Member
Two weeks/ 1000 miles on the new focus. Wife made mention to me this morning of hearing a clunking noise from the front end at slow speeds the last couple days. I test drove it and heard a little bit of noise, but it sounded like nothing to worry about compared to my daily driver, a 2011 transit. It has always had more front end clunking and rattling than anything I have ever driven before. She won't ignore the noise and wants to take it to the dealer. I'll wait a few days to read reports on here if it's worth it at this point or not. No, I don't want to go about taking stuff apart and fixing it myself just for the sense of accomplishment at fixing a new car.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #2127
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
No, I don't want to go about taking stuff apart and fixing it myself just for the sense of accomplishment at fixing a new car.
Well, if I may. If you spend enough time on this site, in this thread - and the other clunk one - you will see a pattern of "no remedy" from Ford, you will see dancing and side-stepping and most importantly you will see a long period of time having passed by with no sweeping resolution. Now if a revised TSB suddenly addresses the issue, I say Bravo! Finally!
But seriously, does anyone expect that?

So look at the alternative. For less than what an extra large combo pizza at many a fine establishment will cost you, you can apply some common grease to an easily accessible part of the vehicle. OR, you can take that stand that Ford should fix this damned issue, on principal. I get the "stand on principal" part. I think it's important in most things in life - - but not here. Not on this issue. There's too many stories that have been built up. And this is hardly what I would call "wrenching" or complicated repair work..

Comes down to this; three simple choices;

One: You DIY at a known level of cost and time. Either it works or it doesn't. If it doesn't, either you need to try it a second time just to be sure or you have something else going on - unrelated - and off to the dealership you go anyhow. Process of elimination is your friend; especially when it costs twelve - fifteen bucks and less than an hour of your time. Look at what you paid for the vehicle vs this small investment of coin & time, on your personal schedule and what that really means - in aggregate.

The sense of accomplishment thing is only a sideline bonus ..

Two: You start engaging with a dealership straight off-the-bat, encountering many a scenario already covered in great detail, right here on this site by genuine & hard working consumers who took the time to share with the greater community all the dead ends. That translates into a significant amount of personal time dedicated, repeat visits to the dealership and almost certain frustration.
Is it worth it vs option One:?

Three: You simply put up with the noise and call it day.

Last edited by BlazeFocus; 03-11-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #2128
12FOCUS S
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98622
What I Drive: '13 FOCUS ST/'12 Mustang GT BBP

FF Reputation: 1 12FOCUS S Good Standing Member
Thumbs down

This Ford krap is a TRAVESTY! Social Media hell with the reps on here trying to pacify. This needs to stop. Ford you are shooting YOURSELF IN THE DAMN FOOT.

Last edited by 12FOCUS S; 03-10-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #2129
12FOCUS S
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98622
What I Drive: '13 FOCUS ST/'12 Mustang GT BBP

FF Reputation: 1 12FOCUS S Good Standing Member
Exclamation Ford snow job.........no fix for rattle trap.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
Well, if I may. If you spend enough time on this site, in this thread - and the other clunk one - you will see a pattern of "no remedy" from Ford, you will see dancing and side-stepping and most importantly you will see a long period of time having passed by with no sweeping resolution. Now if a revised TSB suddenly addresses the issue, I say Bravo! Finally!
But seriously, does anyone expect that?

So look at the alternative. For less than what an extra large combo pizza at many a fine establishment will cost you, you can apply some common grease to an easily accessible part of the vehicle. OR, you can take that stand that Ford should fix this damned issue, on principal. I get the "stand on principal" part. I think it's important in most things in life - - but not here. Not on this issue. There's too many stories that have been built up. And this is hardly what I would call "wrenching" or complicated repair work..

Comes down to this; three simple choices;

One: You DIY at a known level of cost and time. Either it works or it doesn't. If it doesn't, either you need to try it a second time just to be sure or you have something else going on - unrelated - and off to the dealership you go anyhow. Process of elimination is your friend; especially when it costs twelve - fifteen bucks and less than an hour of your time. Look at what you paid for the vehicle vs this small investment of coin & time, on your personal schedule really means.

The sense of accomplishment thing is only a sideline bonus thing..

Two: You start engaging with a dealership straight off-the-bat, encountering many a scenario already covered in great detail, right here on this site by genuine & hard working consumers who took the time to share with the greater community all the dead ends. That translates into a significant amount of personal time dedicated, repeat visits to the dealership and almost certain frustration.
Is it worth it?

Three: You simply put up with the noise and call it day.
EXACTLY~
Old 03-10-2013, 12:50 AM   #2130
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

So, HornedFrog, what say you?

Fixed?

Bookmarks & Social Networks