2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 169 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #1681
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
No offense Cory but you're spouting the same verbiage as everyone before you has... If you don't bring real change or a fix, what's the point in joining the conversation???
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #1682
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
No offense Cory but you're spouting the same verbiage as everyone before you has... If you don't bring real change or a fix, what's the point in joining the conversation???

Yeah ... I think Ford has pretty much shown that they're not interested in fixing this issue. They're just hoping that we go away ... even at the expense of having all of us affected never buying another Ford product as long as we live. All I can figure is it's such an expensive fix that they don't want to do it at ANY COST .... even if it means losing thousands of customers. It's just simple math to Ford.

There is no other possible explanation for a simple suspension clunk not being solved in 2 year's time, unless you have the absolute most incompetent suspension engineers on the earth working at Ford.

Give me a break. TWO YEARS and no fix .... that only says ONE THING ... they're not trying to solve it.

It stinks to think that I left 12 years of perfectly happy, totally trouble-free, Toyota ownership to come back to Ford ..... and this is what we get .... never again ....

REV
Old 12-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #1683
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Shantheman2012, HornedFrog05, & cwmehring,

Iím checking in to see how your Focuses are doing. I have your information from before, so get a hold of me and Iíll lend a hand.

Still shudders like crazy, I dread having to get into it every day and drive to work. The only way I can get it to go away is to shift it manually in S mode. Ford has ruined the one thing I actually enjoyed about this vehicle with needless and untested Transmission updates. Now I truly hate this car.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #1684
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
It stinks to think that I left 12 years of perfectly happy, totally trouble-free, Toyota ownership to come back to Ford ..... and this is what we get .... never again ....

REV
Tell me about it, I traded in my '08 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Edition for this little turd box in the hopes of being economical. The sad things is I actually made money on the Toyota and it was 3 years old, now I can't give the Ford away. Worst mistake of my life, Ford has lost me and my family for generations to come.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #1685
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post

Please note, guys: I’m unable to help once you’ve retained an attorney.

Cory
And who may I ask have you actually helped in any substantive way?
Management is shuffling you social media agents in like replacement workers at McDonald's. You are nothing more than the equivalent of an old-world receptionist or switch-board operator. The sick part is, this isn't even a "Ford" owned piece of intellectual property. Maybe you should roll this up the flagpole, back in Dearborn Cory: Spend resources managing the actual Ford Forums on the owners site with some dignity before you infiltrate the web with such ineffectual customer support, the likes of what we've witnessed here on Focus Fanatics. Better yet, shift resource dollars to the engineering teams that need them - like the chassis group - and do away with the whole "social media" feel good thing you guys got going on over there.

That first sentence is a rhetorical question btw...
most of us already know the answer to that.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #1686
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
And who may I ask have you actually helped in any substantive way?
Management is shuffling you social media agents in like replacement workers at McDonald's. You are nothing more than the equivalent of an old-world receptionist or switch-board operator. The sick part is, this isn't even a "Ford" owned piece of intellectual property. Maybe you should roll this up the flagpole, back in Dearborn Cory: Spend resources managing the actual Ford Forums on the owners site with some dignity before you infiltrate the web with such ineffectual customer support, the likes of what we've witnessed on Focus Fanatics. Better yet, shift resource dollars to the engineering teams that need them - like the chassis group - and do away with the whole "social media" feel good thing you guys got going on over there.

That first sentence is a rhetorical question btw...
most of us already know the answer to that.

I'm not trying to diminish or discourage these reps from participating, but it's starting to feel like it's a rite of passage that new hires at Ford have to go through ... two or three months of internet monitoring and placating of the Ford Forums in order to get to their 'real' assignment.

I wish it wasn't so, but I can't remember ONE time when any of these supposed 'upgrades' in customer service had a positive outcome.

The natives are definitely getting restless .....

REV
Old 12-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #1687
Uptcv1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88390
What I Drive: 2012 sonic blue SE sport DCT hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Uptcv1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
+++++
Old 12-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #1688
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:

The natives are definitely getting restless .....

REV
I found it easier to just walk away while I still had equity in the car. I truly feel bad for you guys who are stuck due to the steep depreciation hit.

I maintain my position on the pinch weld, though. Has anyone checked for an airgap between the strut tower and cowl/firewall pinch weld on the side their clunk is coming from? As long as you have the means to inject it in there, I would seriously try putting some silicone grease in there. I was able to get that area to rattle when I struck it with the butt end of a screwdriver.

Also, the BRZ/FR-S has an issue with the pinch welds on the rear deck, and the TSB 'fix' is to apply silicone grease between the two surfaces. It's worth checking out.

Cory, nice try, but you really don't seem to have done any better than all the other CS minions that preceded you on here.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #1689
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Zillion ... did you dump the Focus?

I see your GTI data.

REV
Old 12-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #1690
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Zillion ... did you dump the Focus?

I see your GTI data.

REV
Yeah he traded in the Focus for the Golf GTI.

Bookmarks & Social Networks