2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 15 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #141
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Lipshurt: I know the hood latch rattle, I ended up turning my hood bumpers to quiet the latch noise myself. This is a much louder clunk that comes from the front strut area.

Focus eh: Have them check the sway links, and associated bushings as well. Another poster on here mentioned he had no grease in the lower control arm bushings.

I don't think it's CV axle related.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #142
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97170
What I Drive: 2012, Red Candy, Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Focus eh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post

Focus eh: Have them check the sway links, and associated bushings as well. Another poster on here mentioned he had no grease in the lower control arm bushings.

I don't think it's CV axle related.
The only thing that concerns me is that I recall someone posting that the tech greased the bushings up and that the noise went away for a while but came back within a few weeks. I will let them know though. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:39 AM   #143
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Tell them to check out the radiator overflow bottle. It is very shackey and jiggles around. It is only mounted with two tabs. any one here with a foci check yours you will see what i am talking about.Its the same one on the mazda 3 and they have the same trouble.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #144
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Im hoping when and if they ever discover the cause to this issue it turns out to be a simple 2 sec fix. Not a major deal where they have to drop the motor or something crazy.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #145
Gizmobiaritz
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96043
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Gizmobiaritz Good Standing Member
Hello Focus eh,

I have the same problem as you with the same vehicle. So fat the strut, strut mount, strut bearing and sway bar link have been changed on my vehicle. This did not solve my problem. You mentioned that the CV joint will be changed on your car. Please let me know if this helps the situation. I live in the Toronto area as well. What dealer are you going to ?

Thank you.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #146
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmobiaritz View Post
Hello Focus eh,

I have the same problem as you with the same vehicle. So fat the strut, strut mount, strut bearing and sway bar link have been changed on my vehicle. This did not solve my problem. You mentioned that the CV joint will be changed on your car. Please let me know if this helps the situation. I live in the Toronto area as well. What dealer are you going to ?

Thank you.
I'll keep you posted. I'm going to Erinwood Ford in Mississauga.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #147
Focus eh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyy View Post
Tell them to check out the radiator overflow bottle. It is very shackey and jiggles around. It is only mounted with two tabs. any one here with a foci check yours you will see what i am talking about.Its the same one on the mazda 3 and they have the same trouble.
Will do. Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #148
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
Except you got a free loaner during the time they took to replace any number of components.

From what you say it sounds like they've done a lot to try to help so far, and it is a true shame that car was a lemon to begin with.

After x number of issues, why couldn't you ask your dealer - nicely - to exchange the entire vehicle for you? Unlike you, they can probably write it off. Assembly lines are cool, but that doesn't mean there aren't non-repeatable problems.

That's creepy, though, if all Titanium models after x number of miles start doing the same thing...

Ok, first off I did get a loaner yes but in the meantime the loaner got damaged during the hail storms we had in Texas, so now I have to pay to fix it, plus a fee because Enterprise has to take the car out of service and is ultimately losing business, plus a processing fee, plus a diminished value fee so you can see why this whole situation has complicated things and added to my frustration.

That being said, judging by the amount of people that have replied to this post, it's not just a Lemon. There seem to be many cars with the same issue, that's my problem. Ford is telling the dealers that this sound might just be a "normal" sound which is just ludicrous. I did talk to my CSMs supervisor yesterday and all she could recommend was that I take it to another dealership and get a "second opinion."

The dealer did mention that they requested Ford send an engineer to come check out the sound but Ford did not approve this request. So, I'm back at square one. Driving around in a clunker.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #149
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theos2 View Post
Have you ever tried to wrtie off a vehicle, and/or lemon the car? By Ford? You make it sound like you are returning an item at Walmart.

If Ford is not able to fix this issue for the majority of people, and none of he customers have been able to exchange their vehicle, based on what information are you making this statement? Honestly, I feel like you may be a little out of touch with the realities of a Ford dealership/service department.
True, Ford will not "buy back" my vehicle, nor will they help me trade out of it. Basically if I want to trade out of the vehicle I have to take the huge financial fit since it's only 5 months old and carrying a bunch of resulting negative equity. Not to mention, I can't sell it on my own because there's something wrong with it and all service records will show that. I'm screwed either way.

Shame on Ford. I should have got an SE with a manual tranny :(
Old 04-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #150
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
Shame on Ford. I should have got an SE with a manual tranny :(
And that's what I have. Mine clunks.