2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 134 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #1331
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngkev1n1 View Post
Just got a call from the dealership had it for 5 hrs and oh it's normal for a delay from 2-3 but not any other gears... Wtf am I supposed to do.. Basically said he doesn't think it's anything mechanical. An there is no new updates for the car... Big waste of time ford is useless I knew I should of just got a Honda...
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #1332
Mistofoleez
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86059
What I Drive: None

FF Reputation: 1 Mistofoleez Good Standing Member
The saga continues:
Now my car is shaking going into second gear. From what I have read this is a clutch issue. WTF?!?!
FYI. I had to get my inside rearview mirror replaced. It took pictures and 4 months.
I am so sick of this whole situation. This is never going to be resolved. We might as well just trade in these POS's.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #1333
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistofoleez View Post
The saga continues:
Now my car is shaking going into second gear. From what I have read this is a clutch issue. WTF?!?!
FYI. I had to get my inside rearview mirror replaced. It took pictures and 4 months.
I am so sick of this whole situation. This is never going to be resolved. We might as well just trade in these POS's.
Welcome to the club!
We're all tired of it.
You're right; it probably won't be resolved.
Trading them in is a horrible financial decision.

Goosfraba.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #1334
SportyChick
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104205
What I Drive: 2012 FocusTitanium Hatchback - sold

FF Reputation: 1 SportyChick Good Standing Member
I took my car in this morning to check the squeaking brakes and also said in exact words "it's shuddering like a bitch from 1st to 2nd" as well.

First call this morning was in regards to the brakes, the one rotor was going to be machined, shouldn't have an issue after that. Also asked for their "brake service" just to make sure everything is alright on all 4. No word on the shuddering.

Just got a second call right now about the shuddering. I was told that yes my car definitely has some "unique characteristics" (their exact words) and that I wasn't imagining it. They are replacing the clutches and would I be ok with a loaner for the night as they have to wait for the parts.

HELL YEAH I'm ok with a loaner, I'm just so relieved that they're fixing it. I was so worried that they weren't going to find anything, deny or tell me that's the way the car is supposed to behave. I even asked for another Focus as a loaner to compare and they said ok.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #1335
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

^I'm so jealous. I think I just need to try a different dealer.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #1336
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
^I'm so jealous. I think I just need to try a different dealer.
Maybe you need to tell your dealer that "it's shuddering like a bitch from 1st to 2nd".

Have you tried that?
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #1337
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Maybe you need to tell your dealer that "it's shuddering like a bitch from 1st to 2nd".

Have you tried that?
HA! Tell the dealer!? I demonstrated it for them on the lot!

It's acting a little differently now, though. I can get the clutch to slip in manumatic mode, but it's harder to get it to slip/make weird noises in drive because it's not shifting up until at least 2100 RPM - unless I let off the gas in which case I can still hear the noise. I'm also not sure if it's because they reset the adaptive learning or because it's cold out.

Some days are worse than others... do you think crushing up some Xanax and putting it in the gas tank will help sooth the temperamental behaviors of the clutch?
Old 10-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #1338
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Hey, the Xanax is worth a try I guess...

How did this thread turn into a transmission thread?
Hatch Nation #90
Old 10-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #1339
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Hey, the Xanax is worth a try I guess...

How did this thread turn into a transmission thread?
Whoops. So yeah, my car only clunks when I have like 4 people in my car.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #1340
SportyChick
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104205
What I Drive: 2012 FocusTitanium Hatchback - sold

FF Reputation: 1 SportyChick Good Standing Member
The girl nearly spit our her coffee when I told her that is was "shuddering like a bitch", she laughed and wanted to say something but tried to remain professional. I did bring the receipt from one of the forum members on here from their dealership of their clutch replacement.

And when I asked for another Focus as a loaner, I told her I wanted to compare and see what a Focus that is working is supposed to feel like. On my way now to the dealer to get the loaner.

Bookmarks & Social Networks