2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 126 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #1251
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
The rattle on my SEL comes and goes. I can run over the same bumps numerous times and the rattle may or may not happen. This is really frustrating. A new car should not sound like this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hand-filer View Post
We feel your pain! If I had never bought this car, I too would be a die hard Ford fan. And because the trade in value is dropping like a stone we are stuck with them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempusthales View Post
I have the same issue. I am taking mine to the dealer on Wednesday. I have 6700 miles on it.
Hey folks,

If you're still experiencing these symptoms, please reach out to me via PM so I can get you escalated to your regional Customer Service Manager. They'll reach out to your individual dealers to get these concerns resolved.

In your PM, please include your VIN, estimated mileage, preferred servicing dealer, and daytime phone number. I'll get your information in the right hands so things can move forward.

Thanks,
-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #1252
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
Thanks so much Zillon for the insight however! It will be a great help down the road, potentially, just to know as knowledge. I'll just live with my half fixed clunk until I can eventually do a swap out way down the road like you, or see if Ford offers a permanent fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifocus View Post
I had the struts,springs,mounts,bushings and links replaced twice and the noise eventually came back.They are clueless on how to fix it and i don't see them ever finding one......good luck everyone.
Hi wilsonfocus86 and lifocus,

I'd like to escalate both of you to your regional Customer Service Managers. They'll reach out to your dealers and coordinate their efforts to resolve your concerns. Send me a PM with your VIN, estimated mileage, preferred servicing dealer, and daytime phone number. I'll get things rolling and make sure your concerns are sent up the ladder.

Thanks,
-Crystal

Old 09-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #1253
SydneyRoo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86671
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 SydneyRoo Good Standing Member
Just got mine back today, the springs, struts and strut bearings were replaced. So far it sounds better. Car currently has 28,300 km on it.

I wish they weren't so zealous with the impact wrench though, they put some small scratches in my mint 18" wheels :/
Old 09-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #1254
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90895
What I Drive: One less Ford

FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey folks,

If you're still experiencing these symptoms, please reach out to me via PM so I can get you escalated to your regional Customer Service Manager. They'll reach out to your individual dealers to get these concerns resolved.

In your PM, please include your VIN, estimated mileage, preferred servicing dealer, and daytime phone number. I'll get your information in the right hands so things can move forward.

Thanks,
-Crystal
Crystal,

I experienced the same symptoms 3 weeks after the TSB was completed (both sides). That pretty much tells me that the bearing design is inherently flawed.
Every 3 weeks or so I jack up the front of the car and spray grease at the bearings and the noise goes away for a while. Forward that to your chassis engineers.
Until Ford recognizes this and deals with it by redesigning the parts, all efforts to repair the problem are a waste of my time and the dealers.
But thanks anyways.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #1255
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Quote:
Crystal,

I experienced the same symptoms 3 weeks after the TSB was completed (both sides). That pretty much tells me that the bearing design is inherently flawed.
Every 3 weeks or so I jack up the front of the car and spray grease at the bearings and the noise goes away for a while. Forward that to your chassis engineers.
Until Ford recognizes this and deals with it by redesigning the parts, all efforts to repair the problem are a waste of my time and the dealers.
But thanks anyways.
This is exactly why I am NOT sending Crystal my info concerning this problem. I am NOT bringing my car into the dealer for them to diagnose this issue, then to bring it back in AGAIN to have them replace parts and possibly make it worse/mess up my alignment just to have the rattle come back. SCREW. THAT.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #1256
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
This is exactly why I am NOT sending Crystal my info concerning this problem. I am NOT bringing my car into the dealer for them to diagnose this issue, then to bring it back in AGAIN to have them replace parts and possibly make it worse/mess up my alignment just to have the rattle come back. SCREW. THAT.
While I don't blame you (I had the TSB done on my driver side ... and am now hearing it on the passenger side... and the mechanics didn't 'hear it'), the downside to it is that they may think it is 'fixed'. Crystal (or some other Ford Rep) either has to pass it along (and I'm not sure she can/is able to) or we have to keep on the dealerships, who pass the info up to Ford.

It's not exactly an ideal situation for us
Old 09-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #1257
empowah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91459
What I Drive: Mk3

FF Reputation: 1 empowah Good Standing Member
Parts ordered. Fingers crossed. Hopefully the old bearings were just a bad batch, and the replacements will be better. If it's more a design problem than a quality problem, then wouldn't every Focus have a noisy front suspension?
Old 09-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #1258
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Crystal,

Every 3 weeks or so I jack up the front of the car and spray grease at the bearings and the noise goes away for a while. Forward that to your chassis engineers...
Quote:
This is exactly why I am NOT sending Crystal my info concerning this problem. I am NOT bringing my car into the dealer for them to diagnose this issue, then to bring it back in AGAIN to have them replace parts and possibly make it worse/mess up my alignment just to have the rattle come back...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFocus View Post
While I don't blame you (I had the TSB done on my driver side ... and am now hearing it on the passenger side... and the mechanics didn't 'hear it'), the downside to it is that they may think it is 'fixed'...
Hey everyone,

I completely understand the frustration. The best way for me to get information to our engineers is through the escalation process; the more data they have to work with, the better.

Feel free to reach out to me via PM; I'm happy to see how I can help.

Thanks,
-Crystal

Old 09-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #1259
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 9 Shade-010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey everyone,

I completely understand the frustration. The best way for me to get information to our engineers is through the escalation process; the more data they have to work with, the better.

Feel free to reach out to me via PM; I'm happy to see how I can help.

Thanks,
-Crystal
I escalated it all the way up to William Ford's office (emailed them) got a call and they told me to go to another dealer. So when I went there they heard the noise and didn't see anything wrong on the inspection, so they said it was normal noise and since that dealer and the last one said the same DAMN thing. Ford said there was NOTHING they could do right now... WTF? Either FIX the damn problem or Buy all of OUR cars back. Stop giving us the "Its normal Noise" BULLSHITE and DO YOUR JOBS, I thought Customer Satisfaction was supposed to be Job 1??????
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Old 09-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #1260
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90895
What I Drive: One less Ford

FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
I thought Customer Satisfaction was supposed to be Job 1??????
That might have been the case in 1986

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile

Bookmarks & Social Networks