2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 104 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #1031
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
My parts are also on order.

Got a call from my CSM today and was told she was escalating my case in order to get the backordered parts for my car in ASAP. Not sure how much that'll change things, but that's what she told me...
Apparently it really did change things. She called today and said the parts will be at the dealer tomorrow or Monday.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #1032
jcbbas
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90384
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Focus

FF Reputation: 1 jcbbas Good Standing Member
So had my car in for service yesterday for this problem. They replaced basically everything on both sides. As of right now the sound is completely gone. On my invoice it said something about a TSB. I dont have the paper on me right now so I dont know the TSB number or date. Will post later when I get off work. Just glad to not hear the sound that my 14 year old car had.

Last edited by jcbbas; 08-24-2012 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Adding picture.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #1033
ChrisRyan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97815
What I Drive: '12 SE Sterling Grey(5door) 5M 203A

FF Reputation: 2 ChrisRyan Good Standing Member
I have a 7am appointment tomorrow at the dealer. The first dealer I called was useless and didn't want to look at the car. So the next one I called was very quick about making an appointment. Anyways I hope I can get some resolution soon.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #1034
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
My parts are finally in (took about a month), and my car goes in Tuesday for the fix. My dealer has been fantastic. I went in WITHOUT an appointment to have them hear the noise. I drove around the building with the service manager to demonstrate it (it took all of about 20 feet, and he heard it) finished driving around the building, and he wrote me up and ordered the parts.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #1035
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I sincerely wish both of you guys luck.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #1036
me.awesome
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96215
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 me.awesome Good Standing Member
So just got mine back from getting the cluck fixed along with a bunch of other things. First i gotta say the dealership i went too was absolutely FANTASTIC. Even though some of my problems, vibrations, weren't fixed fully, they are defiantly better, plus they said to bring it back if there are more and were super supportive of me bringing it back. Anywho, they looked at the struts using the TSB and come to find out that one of my strut bearings WAS BROKEN IN HALF. They said this was the first time they've seen that happen. But i am so glad i brought it in now.
They also fixed a bunch of other TSBs and the car is so much better. Got the highway drift, and the clutch imbalance issues figured out. So glad i took it to my current dealer, just awesome!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #1037
Lipshurt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92314
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Lipshurt Good Standing Member
Well after two weeks, my clunks and rattle are pretty much raging in full force. At least when the temp gets to about 68 degrees. This morning it was 63 degrees, and it was falling apart.

I emailed Paul worrall, service manager at heller ford in escondido a couple of times. No reply yet. He was very confident and said this problem is "not rocket science" etc.

I also talked to "Brian" my regional service rep and tried to get the name of someone above him to talk to. He said that he is the highest level person that is allowed to talk with customers.

If people are having successs with koni or other aftermaket parts, I may look into it.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #1038
ChrisRyan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97815
What I Drive: '12 SE Sterling Grey(5door) 5M 203A

FF Reputation: 2 ChrisRyan Good Standing Member
I got to the dealer on Saturday morning and had the GM ride with me over a couple of speed bumps. I had given him my copy of the TSB prior. We parked and he said lets go order parts. He came back and said he had all the parts in stock minus the mounting hardware that should be in mid week. So once that is in my car goes in to get some work done. The noise has gotten so much more pronounced in just two weeks, I truely hope Ford gets this right because I really enjoy this car and hate hearing that God awful noise on a car that was born on April 2, 2012.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #1039
killjoy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100911
What I Drive: 2012 Plat. White Focus HB

FF Reputation: 1 killjoy Good Standing Member
I guess add another for the noise. I wonder what percentage of Focus is having this issue?
They had the part in stock quick but they are waiting for a separate part (c-channel for front passenger seat) to come off back-order 8/25.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #1040
knightp25
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61273
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 knightp25 Good Standing Member
I am disappointed with these cars, i traded a 08 Focus, which i bought new at the time, Never once had to take it to get serviced.

the 2012 model is JUNK. mine also makes the clunking sound, and i hate like he** to get a brand new car taken apart to get fixed already. This is only one of a couple of problems i am experiencing

If i could take the car back and get my 08 back i would!!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks