My 2012 Focus issues: what Ford is and isn't doing - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #61
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

Points 1,919, Level 26
Points: 1,919, Level: 26 Points: 1,919, Level: 26 Points: 1,919, Level: 26
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Excuse me, is this seat taken?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #62
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJTX View Post
No hate from me for those of you that are short of patience, but the fact is you are impatient. You got an early car and the fact you are having issues truly sux. Your impatience stems from the fact that Ford has not produced a solution nor have they effectively communicated where they are in the fix cycle.

But they are dealing with intermittent issues with some of the computer systems (apparently) and as I have said elsewhere intermittent issues are the hardest to track down and test for. Everything has been tested in a lab and in a few test cars before being put into production but no matter how long the testing it is not real world experience. It is not till you get hundreds of cars with different drivers that these issues will show up, then it takes time to try to replicate the issue and then find and test a solution and them push it out to the customers. In the meantime you wind up building a base of pissed off consumers. Not good on either side of the fence.

For the record I am NOT a Ford employee neither am I in any way associated with them or any of their subsideraies. I worked for a major computer manfacturing company in their server engineering side as a customer service rep. Basically doing a job similar to Natasha's but I also worked directly with the engineers to find the solutions and see that they got implemented. So I have a good understanding of problems like this from both sides of the aisle.
You still have not stated what you think a reasonable time frame to come up with a fix? If you say we are impatient give us a time frame that we should allow before getting a little would up, Obviously if you are saying that you have a time frame in mind.

Also let me try this again, I purchased the vehicle on 08/11/2011 and took it back a few days after for the shuddering. The original TSB was released prior to me even purchasing the vehicle as they had already corrected the units built after 08/12/2011. After going back to the dealer and the tech and dealership agreeing that it wasn't right Ford instructed them to wait knowing that the TSB had already been released to resolve the issue I was having. It is not that I had a issue but rather that Ford denied there was a issue while they had the TSB in their hands. I understand why it could not be applied at that time (Software to program the TSB flash) was not updated to allow this without other issues popping up. I would have been good if Ford would have just stated we know there is a issue and we have to update the software to program the new flash before we can apply it, Done wait a month and go in and get the fix.

I don't know maybe in the customer support arena it is a desirable practice to keep any customers in the dark that are having issues as long as you can so you can build a happy client base. Just a little sarcasm there.

All in all I guess we will never agree on how this should have gone down, You see it from the customer service standpoint and I see it from the consumer standpoint that has issues with his vehicle.

Montana
Old 11-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #63
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
Excuse me, is this seat taken?
Not as long as you are willing to share the popcorn, Is it buttered?

Montana
Old 11-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #64
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
... So they come here looking for solutions and to vent a little, ...
Montana
I think reason there are "defenders" posting in these threads is the negative threads go well beyond "a little". To be clear, the OP here does NOT appear to be as one of those that starts a new negative thread for every loose thread found on his Focus. He has had several problems and really only one thread started.

However, others (who shallremain un-named) seem to start a new negative thread weekly. If I were someone considering a Focus and came up here, I would say, 'wow half the threads are complaints, this car must be junk'.

However, the 100's of us that have had minimal problems and like our vehicles simple don't see the balance. If everyone used the discretion of csvt2060 I think there would be a balanced view up here. However, some seem to have made it their life's work to post complaints. It gets wearisome. I have posted complaints. That said, each time I have an issue I pause and say (as csvt2060 did) 'Is this worthy of a thread'? Most of the time the answer is NO. Many up here have no hesitation whatsoever. The OP's issues here were worthy but he is suffering some of the back-lash for the over-posters and exaggerators.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #65
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

Points 12,559, Level 73
Points: 12,559, Level: 73 Points: 12,559, Level: 73 Points: 12,559, Level: 73
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
"Bigger Boat" said it very well. thanks
Old 11-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #66
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

Points 1,919, Level 26
Points: 1,919, Level: 26 Points: 1,919, Level: 26 Points: 1,919, Level: 26
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Not as long as you are willing to share the popcorn, Is it buttered?

Montana
It is, but don't tell my doctor. We can share, but I don't think this thread is going to turn south like I thought it would.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #67
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
I think reason there are "defenders" posting in these threads is the negative threads go well beyond "a little". To be clear, the OP here does NOT appear to be as one of those that starts a new negative thread for every loose thread found on his Focus. He has had several problems and really only one thread started.

However, others (who shallremain un-named) seem to start a new negative thread weekly. If I were someone considering a Focus and came up here, I would say, 'wow half the threads are complaints, this car must be junk'.

However, the 100's of us that have had minimal problems and like our vehicles simple don't see the balance. If everyone used the discretion of csvt2060 I think there would be a balanced view up here. However, some seem to have made it their life's work to post complaints. It gets wearisome. I have posted complaints. That said, each time I have an issue I pause and say (as csvt2060 did) 'Is this worthy of a thread'? Most of the time the answer is NO. Many up here have no hesitation whatsoever. The OP's issues here were worthy but he is suffering some of the back-lash for the over-posters and exaggerators.
At a point in time I was one that would not recommend a Focus based on my own personal experience, Since the TSB was applied to my trans it is (knock on wood) performing very well. I still suggest to potential owners a very thorough test drive as I hear of some of the new vehicles have steering issues again. I have not driven them so I am taking them at their word.

If someone approached me and asked about the Focus I would let them know the issues I had as well as the current ones that are not addressed yet. But at the same time I do appreciate the style, features and handling on the 2012 Focus. I can guarantee Ford's rating did not drop just from the feedback on this forum. I have seen several test's from different magazine's that had issues as well, Are the defenders writing them and telling them they have done the Focus a injustice by writing what they experienced? If the problems exist they exist and Ford produced it that way, Nothing you or I can do about that and Ford has to accept the good and bad. In this case they got a black eye.

At this point in time my vehicle is shifting good and the shudder is very minimal when crawling in stop and go traffic, That is perfectly fine in my book and it is now a joy to drive. There is still a thing or two I would like addressed but it is not a deal breaker or something that affects the driving.

Maybe just maybe if some of the defenders would not have come into a heated thread and suggest that we are imagining these issues then it wouldn't escalate like it has in some threads. I know a few of us were told it was a perceived problem. Does Ford issue TSB's for perceived problems? I know it wasn't you and I am not pointing my finger at anyone in particular but just saying.

Montana
Old 11-16-2011, 07:20 AM   #68
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Maybe just maybe if some of the defenders would not have come into a heated thread and suggest that we are imagining these issues then it wouldn't escalate like it has in some threads. I know a few of us were told it was a perceived problem. Does Ford issue TSB's for perceived problems? I know it wasn't you and I am not pointing my finger at anyone in particular but just saying.

Montana
I have seen plenty of overreactions on both sides of these things. Minimizing from defenders and incessant complainers concluding that the car is cheap crap based on problems on non-core systems. People (including myself) need to pause and consider their ongoing credibility before posting.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:22 AM   #69
Gatorgibson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91669
What I Drive: 2012 HB Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Gatorgibson Good Standing Member
I thought this was a thread about oil changes???
Old 11-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #70
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
I have seen plenty of overreactions on both sides of these things. Minimizing from defenders and incessant complainers concluding that the car is cheap crap based on problems on non-core systems. People (including myself) need to pause and consider their ongoing credibility before posting.
Yeah I will buy that and no matter what forum you go to you will have both sides. I guess that is just the way it goes.

Montana

Bookmarks & Social Networks