My 2012 Focus issues: what Ford is and isn't doing - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #11
elwood125
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17784
What I Drive: Mk 3 Blue Candy SE Sport 5spd Hatch

Points 1,077, Level 17
Points: 1,077, Level: 17 Points: 1,077, Level: 17 Points: 1,077, Level: 17
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 4 elwood125 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
The fix for the drift in the steering is a new electronic steering rack. There is one in the shop right now with 100 miles on it getting torn apart for a new rack.
indeed, mine is on order as well, had a hard time "proving" to the service manager about the problem and I WORK AT A FORD DEALER. Kudos to all you guys going thru it without that bit of good fortune
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #12
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,251, Level 35
Points: 3,251, Level: 35 Points: 3,251, Level: 35 Points: 3,251, Level: 35
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
I think I would be alot more understanding and patient if they would give me the same courtesy in customer service and communication. That's simply been half the battle as you read above.
That's also true. Take what Elizabeth said though... the dealership is as in the dark as you are, they're just the people who sell the cars, not the ones who build and design them. They would do well to have more training but it's not up to them to offer the training it's up to Ford to make that happen.

We'll see though as the car is out for longer and sales are affected by these issues what the market trend becomes and what Ford plans to do about it.

EDIT: I also understand the dealership isn't the only party you're having communication issues with but they're the ones who don't have much say in the matter.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #13
elwood125
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17784
What I Drive: Mk 3 Blue Candy SE Sport 5spd Hatch

Points 1,077, Level 17
Points: 1,077, Level: 17 Points: 1,077, Level: 17 Points: 1,077, Level: 17
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 4 elwood125 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Feel like I should add : really hope you find some solution to your issues and if I have ever heard of one needing to be bought back by Ford (if you were ok with that) that would be one.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #14
Rod Knock
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88184
What I Drive: 2009 WRX

FF Reputation: 1 Rod Knock Good Standing Member
Maybe I should take my order issue as a sign not to purchase it and find a different vehicle entirely.
Especially after reading csvt2060 and RustySocket's issues, Epic suckage on both their experiences.
I typically fall into the category of " If its going to happen, its going to happen to me".
Tentative deliver date: 9/5
Old 09-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #15
edge10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59206
What I Drive: 13 Ruby Red Titanium HB

Points 864, Level 15
Points: 864, Level: 15 Points: 864, Level: 15 Points: 864, Level: 15
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 edge10 Good Standing Member
A gently used Civic is looking better to me all the time. :(
Old 09-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #16
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Knock View Post
Maybe I should take my order issue as a sign not to purchase it and find a different vehicle entirely.
Especially after reading csvt2060 and RustySocket's issues, Epic suckage on both their experiences.
I typically fall into the category of " If its going to happen, its going to happen to me".
I hate to deter anyone from buying this car, as I am one of Ford's biggest cheerleaders. I have referred about 12-15 Ford vehicles plus 19 of my own over the years.

The Focus has alot going for it, it's got heart and sole underneath all it's growing pains. But only you can decide what's best for your situation.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #17
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood125 View Post
Feel like I should add : really hope you find some solution to your issues and if I have ever heard of one needing to be bought back by Ford (if you were ok with that) that would be one.
Thanks. That may be what the whole thing is leading to....
Old 09-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #18
willsim
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89108
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Kona Blue SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 willsim Good Standing Member
What is the Lemon Law in your state?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #19
RDJTX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88961
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 RDJTX Good Standing Member
Quote:
I hate to deter anyone from buying this car, as I am one of Ford's biggest cheerleaders. I have referred about 12-15 Ford vehicles plus 19 of my own over the years.
The Focus has alot going for it, it's got heart and sole underneath all it's growing pains. But only you can decide what's best for your situation.
I hear you about the communication part. I am also one who feels that since you got one so freaking early it is not surprising that you are having issues. Early adobpters always have more issues than those down the line and that holds true for just about everything you pay more than 100 bucks for.

having worked on the back side of the manufactuering process I can tell you that no matter how well something is tested, the first units out the door ALWAYS have issues. Mainly because real world experience is very different than the lab and nothing on a production model seems to work the way it did in testing.

yours is certainly a horror story and I hope you get your issues fixed or a new car out of it.

As for me, I will pick mine up at the end of Oct and hope and pray that most if not all of the issues some of you are having are fixed on mine.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #20
unclebrud
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85754
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S (Ingot Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 unclebrud Good Standing Member
I agree with that, brother. I sent mine in for 3 problems (including the steering drift and water retension in the doors after rain) but had both the dealer and Cust Svc ignore these concerns, saying that 'nothing was fixed because nothing was wrong'. I like the car, but this 'service' is coloring the experience a bit.

I won't whine too much, though. I'll just keep an eye on these issues. The water issue is obvious, but the steering issue is trickier since it is a whole new system (electric) and I have not experienced it before. Guess I need to test drive another.

These issues will be addressed eventually, but I am already planning to go w/a different brand next time around. I guess it's their approach that troubles me. It's a competitive world.

Remember the beating VW took over their quality issues? Word of mouth (now via forums) spreads fast.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.