Speedometer Lighting - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #11
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
Imo ford did a poor job with the guages. They are not as well designed as they should be. Ford should consult vw to see how it should b done. Te binnacle should be rounder and higher as tall drivers have difficulty seeing it well. Also the guages should b angled up toward the driver more
With the way you write sentences I'm surprised you can read the numbers on the gauges at all.

They're fine. I'm 6'3" and have *no* trouble at all seeing the gauges and reading them all easily. For the people having problems...you realize the steering wheel can be moved, right? There's no reason you should be having trouble reading the gauges at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #12
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
With the way you write sentences I'm surprised you can read the numbers on the gauges at all.

They're fine. I'm 6'3" and have *no* trouble at all seeing the gauges and reading them all easily. For the people having problems...you realize the steering wheel can be moved, right? There's no reason you should be having trouble reading the gauges at all.
I LOVE the steering wheel. Small cool as can be. Tons of adjustment. Nice controls on wheel.
Have to say this Focus steering wheel is about as good as it gets.
The only thiing i think might be not so great is the switches on the lower sides seem a bit cheap. IF they hold up to use, then it is great!!!
(The trim glare is just finding the right stuff to dull it. Even if the aluminum were dull, that would be enough. As i mentioned ,I plan on painting the trim with acrylic paint, some clear 'duller' (from artist acrylic will do the job.)
Old 08-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #13
wag4513
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87744
What I Drive: 2011 Acura MDX

FF Reputation: 1 wag4513 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
The trim glare is just finding the right stuff to dull it. Even if the aluminum were dull, that would be enough. As i mentioned ,I plan on painting the trim with acrylic paint, some clear 'duller' (from artist acrylic will do the job.)
They make a spray paint to frost glass. That would seem to be good to dull any glossy surfaces. If you don't want to tape off areas to use the spray you might try spraying into a disposable bowl to get pool of paint. Then use a brush to paint the glossy surfaces.
Ordered July 19th, Built August 12th,
Delivery estimate 8/29 Picked Up Car on 9/9
Old 08-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #14
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Yeah, spray frost coulddo it. i just want it to be easy to remove if i change my mind.
(Also i still have the hots for cars like my prior SVT Contour, the best car i ever owned, and may trade in for a ST when they come out. So i do NOT want to do anything bad to my SE i cannot make whole)
Old 10-17-2012, 01:09 AM   #15
Litterbug
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104950
What I Drive: 2013 Dark Grey Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Litterbug Good Standing Member
Hello, I just purchased a 2013 Focus SE Hatchback. It was purchased on a cloudy day. I am also having problems seeing the speedometer on sunny Florida days. It needs brighter lights in the cluster gauges. I have bulbs adjusted to the max. setting.. I have to use a GPS for a speedometer.. Ug. ;-(... Does the 2013 Focus's have LED lights in the cluster gauges? If they do have Leds, I am going to try to change them out for super bright led bulbs.... The gauges are set to far back and need more light. My Dealer was not any help.... Maybe a Aftermarket Instrument Cluster could be the answer. I have to find a Fix.. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Litterbug in Sunny Florida
Old 10-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #16
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Yeah, spray frost coulddo it. i just want it to be easy to remove if i change my mind.
(Also i still have the hots for cars like my prior SVT Contour, the best car i ever owned, and may trade in for a ST when they come out. So i do NOT want to do anything bad to my SE i cannot make whole)
There's the clear Plasti Dip. You would be able to just peel it off anytime.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:43 AM   #17
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Back on the the topic of the speedometer...

I've been driving mine for almost a year and a half. I haven't had any issues reading the speedometer other than a little bit at the top sometimes. That's because of my steering wheel position, but it's the best position for me. And that doesn't always happen. It depends how I'm sitting. I've never had an issue with glare and we all know how bright and sunny it was all summer. The numbers are a little small IMHO, but as stated they're white on a black background with a light blue needle.
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 10-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #18
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post

Well, good on you, 6'3" person. Not everyone is the same, don't you know?
(have you never heard of typos?) Perhaps next time you should not be so critical... I'm sure you have your faults.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #19
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I've never had an issue with gauge visibility during the day, and I've got mine turned down a bit even.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #20
JimsterG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95184
What I Drive: 2012 5 dr SEL in Race Red

FF Reputation: 1 JimsterG Good Standing Member
Anybody who can't easily see the gauges clearly in the new Focus under any lighting conditions should consult an eye doctor. The car is not the problem!

Bookmarks & Social Networks