Ford Focus 2007 SE CD Player Not Taking CDs!!! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-26-2011, 12:55 AM   #1
NealK
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89236
What I Drive: Ford Focus SE 2007

FF Reputation: 1 NealK Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford Focus 2007 SE CD Player Not Taking CDs!!!

I just bought a used 2007 Ford Focus and the cd player was working fine earlier and the day before. I ejected the cd I had in earlier but hadn't taken it all the way out yet(just left it their while I was setting up presets on my radio.) Then it took the cd back in. Then I ejected the cd after that and now when I try and put a cd in,it won't take it. Idk what to do to fix it or how much it would be to get it fixed. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it(I'm new to the forums as well.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
FocusedSlayer
has a screw loose

Fan#: 59042
What I Drive: 2007 CD Silver Sedan SE w/Sap

FF Reputation: 34 FocusedSlayer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
You might be able to pull the radio fuse and see if that resets everything . My 2007 Se came with a 6 disk in dash changer . If you can't get the 1 working now shoot me a pm and we'll work something out unless your wanting to go with an aftermarket radio/cd ?

And welcome to FF.
Team Duratec #01,Sedan Revolution#4, Elder FocusedSlayer, Gump Crew 21

February 2012 Sedan of The Month
Old 08-26-2011, 01:42 AM   #3
NealK
Focus Rookie

Thanks man!!
And yeah mines a single cd changer. And if I try to pull the radio fuse how would I go about doing that? (I saw that reseting like you said might do the trick online but idk how I would go about that)
I would almost rather not go after an aftermarket radio/cd but I might eventually have to since my Ford Focus doesn't have an auxiliary port that I know of in it( Idk how I would go about adding one,though it does have the aux button)
And thanks for replying!!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:35 AM   #4
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Moved to Car Audio and Electronics. Ford Focus Technical Chat is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls. Thanks for posting and welcome to FF!!

All I know has been covered. I did mine by actually unplugging the radio. I removed the plastic shelf under the climate controls, reached up and back, and found the radio plug. I loosened it, wiggled it out until the light went off, then shoved it back in. Removing the fuse should be easier though. I was on the road at the time, and that was the first thing I tried. It worked, so I didn't have to try anything else.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
NealK
Focus Rookie

Ok cool. Do you know of a link of a website or video that would show me how to go about removing the plastic and such to get to the cords and such?
Old 08-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #6
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealK View Post
Ok cool. Do you know of a link of a website or video that would show me how to go about removing the plastic and such to get to the cords and such?
To remove it is pretty easy. First you have to remove the plastic bezel that goes around the head unit. I like to start bottom to top. I usually just use a penny to start prying off the plastic bezel and then just pop the whole thing off. The HVAC and Cig Lighter are attached to the plastic bezel but you should have plenty of room to move the bezel with those attached to get at the radio.

The actual head unit is attached to the car by four 7mm (iirc, or something close to that) bolts at the four corners; two on the left and then two on the right. After those are off, you can pull the head unit forward. There will be two plugs attached to the back that just pull off. Thats all, re-install is just the opposite.

If you need further help, just ask and I can post some pictures of the process. Although, not sure if removing the head unit will help with your issue but its worth a shot if it worked for wntwn
Old 08-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi NealK,

Welcome to the forum! If you decide to try to pull the radio fuse, it is fuse 31. You can see a picture of the fuse locations on page 155 of the owners manual. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, you may want to consider visiting your local dealer for help.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks