Eibach Springs for 2012+ Focus - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #41
Bwill9886
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93444
What I Drive: 2013 Rallye Red Civic Si

FF Reputation: 2 Bwill9886 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusBoy58 View Post
I went H&R

AFTER
Looks like you may have a bit of the "boat look" (When the front looks higher than the rear) going on or is it just the angle of the picture?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #42
Ghost71
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91701
What I Drive: 2012 black Ti hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Ghost71 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No boat look to me. Love the drop. That's more my style. ...
Looks good:-)
Old 01-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #43
FlankerDFR
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90863
What I Drive: 2013 Blk ST2

FF Reputation: 1 FlankerDFR Good Standing Member
Not sure if I'd ever consider any lowering kit in my part of MI. Crumby roads combined with way to many asphalt divots (&*%$&^ there are so many you'd think they were from a mortar barage)...............leaves me wanting all the suspension travel as my Focus comes with! Same reason I'm hesitent to come down much off the stock 50 aspect ratio on m tires.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #44
herbz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84909
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch 5MT Sterling Grey

Points 7,374, Level 57
Points: 7,374, Level: 57 Points: 7,374, Level: 57 Points: 7,374, Level: 57
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 herbz Good Standing Member
Encouraging to see they have some parts in development, especially the camber adjustment kit.

However, I'd never put springs on the car without also installing heavier duty dampers (shocks, struts, sway bars). So until those come out, stock suspension for me. Also, coilovers would be nice for winter time around here.
2 years left on the warrantee however, so, plenty of time for that.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #45
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlankerDFR View Post
Not sure if I'd ever consider any lowering kit in my part of MI. Crumby roads combined with way to many asphalt divots (&*%$&^ there are so many you'd think they were from a mortar barage)...............leaves me wanting all the suspension travel as my Focus comes with! Same reason I'm hesitent to come down much off the stock 50 aspect ratio on m tires.
same issue here.. roads in no. NY and VT and Quebec are often bad from winter weather, frost heaves, pot holes and such... it'd be great to just have the better control of a good suspension w/o the lowering. Up here in frost country we need all the suspension travel we can get.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #46
Ghost71
Focus Enthusiast

You can safely lower without upgrading struts and shocks. Only up to 1" or so. Any more than that, you should upgrade.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #47
cmanatam
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85855
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Black

FF Reputation: 1 cmanatam Good Standing Member
Advice on install

I will be installing the Eibach Pro Kit springs this weekend. My initial "walk around" of the suspsension tells me the rears will be cake but the fronts look like a little tougher task. Any helpful hints for getting the fronts on. It looks like you'll have to disconnect the stabilizer bar and un-clamp the lower strut from the control arm the disconnect from upper strut mount and remove. Was this easier than it looks? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #48
Ghost71
Focus Enthusiast

Anything connected to the strut must come off. Pretty simple:-)
My question would be how do you get to the nuts on top in the engine bay that bolt the strut to the body. Just by looking, I don't see sh••. It would be where your strut bar would bolt to. Lmao
Old 01-07-2012, 01:37 AM   #49
Eurofordfan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87186
What I Drive: 1985 Moto Guzzi T5 850 NT

FF Reputation: 1 Eurofordfan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost71 View Post
You can safely lower without upgrading struts and shocks. Only up to 1" or so. Any more than that, you should upgrade.
It's not just the operating range of the dampers that is at issue, i.e. using OEM struts versus sport struts.

The lowering springs, almost invariably, are a higher spring-rate spring. As such, it is harder to control, from a damping perspective -- and that demands more effective dampers.

As for me, I would be really pleased if Koni (Yellow) rebound-adjustable sport struts were available for the car. Pair these (which are optimized for moderate lowering) with the Eibach's and you're definitely good-to-go.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #50
Ghost71
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurofordfan View Post
It's not just the operating range of the dampers that is at issue, i.e. using OEM struts versus sport struts.

The lowering springs, almost invariably, are a higher spring-rate spring. As such, it is harder to control, from a damping perspective -- and that demands more effective dampers.

As for me, I would be really pleased if Koni (Yellow) rebound-adjustable sport struts were available for the car. Pair these (which are optimized for moderate lowering) with the Eibach's and you're definitely good-to-go.
Stock shocks are pretty much the same as an after market. As you know they only make your ride as smooth as possible. After market shocks offer that extra travel for a lowered car. Buying shocks for a small drop is a waist of $ as it doesn't travel far enough to bottom out. Most companies suggest upgrading only after so many inches.

Bookmarks & Social Networks