Focus Fanatics Forum banner

MFT vs transport delay?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  iminhell 
#1 ·
I am using my WBO2 to supply the ECU with an O2 signal, none of the stock O2's are present or used.

If my transport delay is not correct, can I trust the STFT's to dial in the MTF?

My gut tells me no and that I have to get the transport delay in time first.
I think I see how to let it auto adjust, if the SCT descriptions are correct, but adaptive has to be on I'm assuming (right?), and any of the learned data will be lost when adaptive is turned off to readjust the MTF.

So I'm not sure what to do ...

#2 ·
Why are you changing the delay for?

You only need to change it if you've move the 02 sensor location, and usually you can move it 6 inches with out any issues at all.

#5 ·
That's the thing though, I can't move it back. I went from the FC header to the SVT. So we welded a bung after the header and that's the only place I can get a reading from.

The TD is close, but far as logs show it's a little lazy. And I don't doubt the big exhaust plays some part, 3".

I turned adaptive on last night and went for a drive. Adjusted the settings per SCT's recommendations and it does seem to work a bit better, but will take a few trips to see for sure. My tune itself should be very close, I think. We'll see though.

It doesn't wander. What I'm seeing it that it lags behind the STFT's a bit. For instance, when I let off the gas it takes a second for the WBO2 to go lean and the STFT's are 1 right away.
Vs on the old exhaust (FC and 2.25") WBO2 in the same basic location, when I let off the gas the WBO2 would go lean right away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.