2012 Focus fuel gauge problem - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-30-2012, 04:25 AM   #31
jonesy2.0
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99601
What I Drive: 2012 focus s sonic blue

FF Reputation: 1 jonesy2.0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
imo you guys are causing these failures to your selves why would you go out and buy a new car and abuse it that way? being a professional tech and using my knowledge of the bastardized fuel system that the duratec 2.0 uses a high pressure common rail direct injection system which gasoline guys got from diesels thank you very much and my working knowledge of gasoline engines with evaperative emissions in general your lack of filling the fuel tank at a proper interval has caused these issues and let me tell ya why 1.) you never let a fuel injected vehical to get below a quarter tank of fuel damn sure dont do it on a regular basis 2.) knowing the easy fuel system is as air tight as it is you pull a vacuum on a plastic container what do you expect to happen? ford builds its vehicals with respectable owners in mind you people are abusing your new cars that i find unacceptable my focus is my first new car ever i have never owned a car with under 100,000 miles on it my f150 has 300,000 miles on the clock and yes i have beat it but it had over 200,000 on it when i got it as a mechanic an being so far from home i wanted a good reliable car that got good fuel mileage i got 40.2 miles to the gallon at 80+ mph with the a/c on but i never let my car get below a quarter tank of fuel read your owners manuals and take a techs advice and stop abusing your cars cause ill bet mine lasts longer than your and ill lay money on that
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #32
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsunapee View Post
Finally heard from the dealer after they've had my car for 11 + days...Anyways, they said the gas gauge issue was diagnosed as a body control module...
Quote:
I have been dealing with Grappone's President/CEO since my last time getting the car back unfixed...I will be contacting Ford Customer service. After that...???
Quote:
I may contact them at some point anyways...
Morning kcsunapee,

I appreciate your patience as the dealer addresses the fuel gauge concern. I can add another layer of assistance by escalating the issue to the Customer Service Manager for your area. To do so, please send me a PM with the information previously requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodong View Post
I just bought a brand new 2012 Focus this Memorial day weekend and immediately noticed the shuddering/vibration...
Hey Bodong,

Congratulations on the Focus!

The shuddering and vibration may smooth out as you continue to drive the Focus. If the characteristic persists after the break-in period of 1000 miles, please contact me via PM for further assistance.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 05-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #33
kcsunapee
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98499
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver 5-Door SE

FF Reputation: 1 kcsunapee Good Standing Member
[QUOTE=FordCustomerService;4190574]Morning kcsunapee,

I appreciate your patience as the dealer addresses the fuel gauge concern. I can add another layer of assistance by escalating the issue to the Customer Service Manager for your area. To do so, please send me a PM with the information previously requested.

Tried to PM you just now...

"The following errors occurred with your submission:

FordCustomerService has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
Old 05-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #34
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy2.0 View Post
imo you guys are causing these failures to your selves why would you go out and buy a new car and abuse it that way? being a professional tech and using my knowledge of the bastardized fuel system that the duratec 2.0 uses a high pressure common rail direct injection system which gasoline guys got from diesels thank you very much and my working knowledge of gasoline engines with evaperative emissions in general your lack of filling the fuel tank at a proper interval has caused these issues and let me tell ya why 1.) you never let a fuel injected vehical to get below a quarter tank of fuel damn sure dont do it on a regular basis 2.) knowing the easy fuel system is as air tight as it is you pull a vacuum on a plastic container what do you expect to happen? ford builds its vehicals with respectable owners in mind you people are abusing your new cars that i find unacceptable my focus is my first new car ever i have never owned a car with under 100,000 miles on it my f150 has 300,000 miles on the clock and yes i have beat it but it had over 200,000 on it when i got it as a mechanic an being so far from home i wanted a good reliable car that got good fuel mileage i got 40.2 miles to the gallon at 80+ mph with the a/c on but i never let my car get below a quarter tank of fuel read your owners manuals and take a techs advice and stop abusing your cars cause ill bet mine lasts longer than your and ill lay money on that
I've got a headache now.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #35
kcsunapee
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
I've got a headache now.
Uhhhhhhhh.......

Old 05-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #36
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
...Tried to PM you just now...
"The following errors occurred with your submission:
FordCustomerService has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
Sorry about that, kcsunapee; I forgot to clean up the inbox after the holiday/weekend messages. You should be able to PM me know.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 06-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #37
RedoFromStart
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98701
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 RedoFromStart Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy2.0 View Post
You should probably get over yourself. I've owned numerous fuel-injected vehicles over the years. I've always consistently gotten better gas mileage than the window sticker indicates, and I've always let the tanks get down below 1/4 tank. My cars' engines and good fuel economy have always outlasted the body, interior materials, and non-engine mechanical parts by a landslide -- and I'm very gentle with my cars because they aren't cheap things to trash.

Care to explain that with your extensive enlightenment?
Old 06-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #38
RedoFromStart
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98701
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 RedoFromStart Good Standing Member
I have a strange problem with my fuel gauge. It will read at least 1 to 1 1/2 gallons less than it actually has while driving down the road, but if I park, shut down, and then immediately restart the car (or just turn on accessories), the gauge reads correctly.

For my first fill-up, the tank read empty, but to fill it up from empty only required 10 gallons. The tank is 12.4 gallons.

While this isn't necessarily a bad thing as it forces me to get gas sooner since I don't actually know how much is in my tank, this is not what I expect from a $21,000 purchase. I expect that something as basic as a fuel gauge in the year 2012 to work properly. It also negatively affects the average MPG reading, which I also expect to work properly for $21,000.

I'm really hoping this car doesn't turn out to be a constant headache/waste of gas/waste of time, going to the shop for repairs all the time (which is precisely what buying a brand new vehicle is supposed to keep you from having to do), like all the other American-made cars I've regretted owning. I'd like to keep on liking it and still have enough faith in Americans that they can at least do ONE thing right.

Last edited by RedoFromStart; 06-08-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #39
kcsunapee
Focus Rookie

Got my car back today & we shall see how it goes. They reprogrammed ("later calibration available" according to service dept which I guess means recommended program change) the Body Control Module, and replaced the vacuum purge valve. Apparently there are 2 vacuum purge valves in different locations. One is on the vapor canister they had previously replaced & one is elsewhere.

I strongly urge anyone having issues with their fueling system to contact their dealer & Ford Customer Service. The more they hear about these problems, the more likely it will be looked into as a potential service bulletin or recall issue.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #40
kcsunapee
Focus Rookie

Oh & redo...jonesy2.0 is obviously a troll trying to pick a fight... don't give him the satisfaction.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.