2012 Focus fuel gauge problem - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-19-2012, 04:54 AM   #21
kcsunapee
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98499
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver 5-Door SE

FF Reputation: 1 kcsunapee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My dealer picked up the car for the 3rd time yesterday morning. They say a field service rep is scheduled to go to the dealer on Monday to assist with the issue. I will be sure to let him know that there is now an additional post regarding the fuel gauge issue in this forum, and I will let you guys know what happens!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #22
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsunapee View Post
My dealer picked up the car for the 3rd time yesterday morning. They say a field service rep is scheduled to go to the dealer on Monday to assist with the issue. I will be sure to let him know that there is now an additional post regarding the fuel gauge issue in this forum, and I will let you guys know what happens!
Good luck. Mine goes in Monday after work.

Last edited by DougC; 05-19-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #23
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,295, Level 35
Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
Taking my Focus in a second time for fuel gauge related issues....
Quote:
Quote:
My dealer picked up the car for the 3rd time yesterday morning. They say a field service rep is scheduled to go to the dealer on Monday to assist with the issue...
Afternoon DougC & kcsunapee,

Good to know the local Ford dealer is on top of this issue. Keep me posted, and let me know if I can assist further.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 05-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #24
DougC
Focus Addict

Quote:
Picked my car up about 30 minutes ago. Dealer applied TSB 12-01-07; reprogram IC module change to CM5T-10849-RT. Keeping my fingers crossed that this takes care of the issue once and for all.

UPDATE: Turns out that this is the same TSB that was applied to my car back on 1/19/12 when the fuel gauge went nuts the first time.

Last edited by DougC; 05-24-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #25
DougC
Focus Addict

Quote:
Have they come up with anything for you as of yet?
Old 05-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #26
kcsunapee
Focus Rookie

Bcm?

Finally heard from the dealer after they've had my car for 11 + days. They told me "those parts we ordered for you are supposed to be in tomorrow". I informed the "service coordinator that I had no idea what he was talking about since no one had contacted me regarding a possible diagnosis. Yet another example of how disappointing Grappone Ford-Mazda's service department is.

Anyways, they said the gas gauge issue was diagnosed as a body control module, and (after I asked--they didn't even have all of my issues in front of them when they called) that my magically reappearing check engine light was found to be some type of a faulty vacuum valve on the vapor recovery canister that they had just replaced. Nice, reliable parts they're producing & installing!

We'll see what happens next.

Ford, you need to train your dealers' service folks better! This particular dealership has made it pretty unlikely that I'll buy another Ford.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #27
kcsunapee
Focus Rookie

I have been dealing with Grappone's President/CEO since my last time getting the car back unfixed. If I still have issues after this next round of darts that Grappone throws at my car, I will be contacting Ford Customer service. After that...???
Old 05-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #28
DougC
Focus Addict

Quote:
I have been dealing with Grappone's President/CEO since my last time getting the car back unfixed. If I still have issues after this next round of darts that Grappone throws at my car, I will be contacting Ford Customer service. After that...???
Don't wait, contact Ford Customer Service now!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #29
Bodong
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99582
What I Drive: 2012 Light Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Bodong Good Standing Member
I just bought a brand new 2012 Focus this Memorial day weekend and immediately noticed the shuddering/vibration. This is my first American car and really expecting that they have somehow gotten on par with foreign car brands on quality front. I hope Ford will do something about this so as to gain and retain new custumers like me.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #30
kcsunapee
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi kcsunapee,

to the forum!

Iíll be happy to arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager, and have the fuel gauge issue reviewed. In order to do so, please PM your VIN, phone number, mileage, and dealer information.

Hey poisoncloud,

Thanks for advising our fellow poster.

Natasha is currently helping our family members on Ford's Customer Service Face Book page. If you come across someone else who will benefit from my help, don't hesitate to give me a shout out.

Take care!

Noemi
Quote:
Don't wait, contact Ford Customer Service now!
I may contact them at some point anyways, but should I really expect any satisfaction after everything I've read regarding their refusal to admit that this gas gauge issue exists? I expected to at least speak with the Ford service rep that they sent to Grappone to assist with my issue...or my "concerns" as the Grappone people put it. Pretty gutsy to refer to it as "concerns" seeing as how they see that there is an issue but can't figure out how to fix it.

I think it really says something when you look at how many people have viewed this particular thread!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.