Yellow stain on roof? - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #41
susanbagley@hotmail
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87498
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 susanbagley@hotmail Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It is under warranty and they have to fix it!! It is the adhesive coming through from the glue.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #42
susanbagley@hotmail
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87498
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 susanbagley@hotmail Good Standing Member
Go to where you purchased your car. It is covered under warranty. I just had mine replaced but it was damaged so they are ordering me another one.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:22 AM   #43
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
Picked up my moon roof-less SE Hatch last night. Gonna be keeping an eye out for this for sure!
Sadly the yellow glue stains have made their presence known in my Focus. My wife and I have been keeping an eagle eye on my headliner since I brought the car home. We noticed two in the "hump" in front of the rearview mirror and one next to the "dome" light. Will call the dealer today and look for more stains before I take it in.

Update....
Took the car in yesterday, 10/18/11, to have it looked at. Dealer took pictures and sent them off to Ford.

2012 Ingot Silver Focus SE 5spd w/ Sport and Winter pkgs.

Last edited by DougC; 10-26-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #44
Baileydog
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91146
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Baileydog Good Standing Member
So after checking out this forum and reading this I looked at my car and yup stains in the front and around the sides. I also noticed water streaks going down the front window after washing the car yesterday.

Anyone else have water actually leaking into the car?
Old 10-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #45
DaeHanL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90891
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 DaeHanL Good Standing Member
so this is still common in Focii being produced now? I would think Ford would fix the adhesive problem and actually be proactive opposed to fixing them after the fact and losing more $$$.

I ask because mine's currently being made.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #46
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,946, Level 33
Points: 2,946, Level: 33 Points: 2,946, Level: 33 Points: 2,946, Level: 33
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Update: Ford Dealership said they'd get me a new headliner since cleaning it only made it worse. I hope they don't scratch anything taking it out!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #47
twalsh0414

Fan#:
Well folks, I got my car back from Al Piemonte Ford in Melrose Park, IL last night. Despite my request of the service manager to take his time with the car, as I have 4 other fantastic Ford vehicles at my disposal, the repair was completed in one day and I am pissed. I get in the car and the A-pillar panel is sticking out about a quarter inch, right in my face... easy enough to pop in, although it is never as good as factory... they must have broken a clip on the lower B pillar trim on the passenger side, because I can't pop it back in at all... the worst part was driving home and going over bumps, when it became apparent that the car's formerly fantastic sound dampening had given way to a medley of rattles from trim panels and something in the passenger side door, which according to the invoice had to be removed for the repair. I should have known that they would have to disconnect the battery, but I was still bummed to find that my drive times, fuel economy, and trip odometers were cleared... sat radio presets came back after a few minutes. Still haven't inspected the car in the light to see if the stain is gone or what else they broke during the repair, but I think I've already seen enough.

I had very high hopes for this car, as the first American-made Focus available with 4 wheel disk brakes, a leather steering wheel, and a manual transmission, and it has been one disappointment after another... In short, I hate this car. My advice to anyone else who had the misfortune of purchasing it is to live with the stain or sell the car. The cure is worse than the disease. It also begs the question: If Ford can't bolt on a trunk lid straight or use the right amount of glue on the headliner, how long do I have until the wheels just fall off?

Old 11-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #48
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
twalsh0414, is there any other Ford dealer, or you are stuck with this one ? If so, I'd go to Ford US and send them some pictures of the "repair". I have in my area 3 Ford dealers, and let me say, I use them all. One is good with tires, another one is good with the engine and the last one is good with maintenance. NONE of them are good with everything !
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #49
twalsh0414

Fan#:
That's a good thought, Voldar... thanks! I must be having a string of bad luck, because I seem to keep going to different dealerships and finding they can't do what I need done. I try to avoid dealerships altogether, and what prompted me to bite the bullet and shell out 22k+ of my hard earned money for a new car was the fact that I didn't want to spend any more time in the service lane! haha

Old 11-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #50
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by twalsh0414 View Post
Well folks, I got my car back from Al Piemonte Ford in Melrose Park, IL last night. Despite my request of the service manager to take his time with the car, as I have 4 other fantastic Ford vehicles at my disposal, the repair was completed in one day and I am pissed. I get in the car and the A-pillar panel is sticking out about a quarter inch, right in my face... easy enough to pop in, although it is never as good as factory... they must have broken a clip on the lower B pillar trim on the passenger side, because I can't pop it back in at all... the worst part was driving home and going over bumps, when it became apparent that the car's formerly fantastic sound dampening had given way to a medley of rattles from trim panels and something in the passenger side door, which according to the invoice had to be removed for the repair. I should have known that they would have to disconnect the battery, but I was still bummed to find that my drive times, fuel economy, and trip odometers were cleared... sat radio presets came back after a few minutes. Still haven't inspected the car in the light to see if the stain is gone or what else they broke during the repair, but I think I've already seen enough.

I had very high hopes for this car, as the first American-made Focus available with 4 wheel disk brakes, a leather steering wheel, and a manual transmission, and it has been one disappointment after another... In short, I hate this car. My advice to anyone else who had the misfortune of purchasing it is to live with the stain or sell the car. The cure is worse than the disease. It also begs the question: If Ford can't bolt on a trunk lid straight or use the right amount of glue on the headliner, how long do I have until the wheels just fall off?
Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience with mine (scratches, wind noise because of improper door seal reinstallment, low battery, windows unprogrammed, and miswired interior lights) and it's unfortunate that we can't get these expensive pieces of machinery fixed without incurring damage. It's simply a lack of respect for someone else's property. And there is no excuse for it.

And yes, it should of been right in the first place so we wouldn't have to go through this on a brand new car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.