Yellow stain on roof? - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #31
redngreedy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86983
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 redngreedy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just got word from my dealership after many complaints that they are going to replace the headliner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #32
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by redngreedy View Post
Just got word from my dealership after many complaints that they are going to replace the headliner.
Do you think this dealer-specific or nationwide? I might take mine in as well. It's not horrible, but after spending nearly $30k, the stain and vibrating do bother me...
Old 09-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #33
redngreedy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86983
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 redngreedy Good Standing Member
It's dealer specific. The service guy told me that they tried to get the stains out. If you complain enough, they will fix it.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #34
twalsh0414

Fan#:
Headliner repair authorized

I spent the day at my Ford dealership yesterday, with my tech going back and forth with Ford trying to get the repair authorized. At first, Ford wanted them to confirm that it was an adhesive stain by pulling the headliner down BEFORE they would authorize the repair (i.e. before the dealership could even order the parts). My tech sent one last reply asking if Ford was aware of the issue, and several minutes later got the reply that they have received a large number of similar complaints and to go ahead with the repair. The parts are on order now, so I will let you know if the cure is worse than the disease! I have a sedan and no moonroof, so hopefully it isn't such an involved repair process. If there is a scratch or rattle anywhere in that car when I pick it up, you better believe I'm going to notice it!!

Tom

Old 10-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #35
Mik Ohki
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29868
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SE w. SFE

FF Reputation: 1 Mik Ohki Good Standing Member
Noticed a stain on the roof right above the driver door, looks kind of like someone wiped the orange from cheetos off of their fingers on it. Is that more or less what this adhesive staining is?
1987 Light Blue 3.8L V6 Thunderbird (RIP 6/17/01)
Old 10-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #36
NC12Focus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86336
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 NC12Focus Good Standing Member
I most certainly have an adhesive/stain problem with my headliner. Considering my dealership is very easy to work with I fully expect to get the headliner replaced. It sounds like it is not an easy process to replace, but I trust they will do a superior job in doing so. And if there are more problems caused by replacing the headliner I have no issue's taking my focus back to the dealer until it has a fit and finish a new car should have.

Now a thought that popped into my head today was, wow I really have never been crazy about the light color of the headliner and trim which really doesn't mesh well with the black SE Sport interior. Do you think the Focus ST black headliner and trim would fit on my focus? And would Ford allow me to replace the headliner and trim with the ST spec parts when they are available? I would even be willing to pay extra even though this headliner problem is covered under the warranty. If they would allow me to do this I would have no problem waiting a few months to get that nice black headliner.

Thoughts on if Ford would allow me to do this?
Old 10-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #37
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC12Focus View Post
I most certainly have an adhesive/stain problem with my headliner. Considering my dealership is very easy to work with I fully expect to get the headliner replaced. It sounds like it is not an easy process to replace, but I trust they will do a superior job in doing so. And if there are more problems caused by replacing the headliner I have no issue's taking my focus back to the dealer until it has a fit and finish a new car should have.

Now a thought that popped into my head today was, wow I really have never been crazy about the light color of the headliner and trim which really doesn't mesh well with the black SE Sport interior. Do you think the Focus ST black headliner and trim would fit on my focus? And would Ford allow me to replace the headliner and trim with the ST spec parts when they are available? I would even be willing to pay extra even though this headliner problem is covered under the warranty. If they would allow me to do this I would have no problem waiting a few months to get that nice black headliner.

Thoughts on if Ford would allow me to do this?
For warranty work, the same part number needs to be the replacement. They actually have to take pictures of your headliner before they get authorization to replace under warrayty, and in my case, Ford asked for the dealership to send the headliner back to them for analysis.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #38
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Well, great. I brought my car in to get the stain checked out, they tried to clean it and couldn't get it out. They said there's nothing they can do because they don't think a stain is a warranty concern and they don't want to get stuck with the bill for a $400 headliner. They recommend I bring it back to the dealership I purchased the car from to see if they could do anything...

Your thoughts?
Old 10-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #39
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

This is a new car nightmare...

Well, it's either time to cry or time to call Ford customer service again... They (Ron Hopkins Ford) told me they'd try to get this stain out:

Today they said "We don't think we can order you a new headliner under warranty because it's a stain..." and left me with this:

They then recommended I go to the dealer 40 miles away where I purchased the car (where the service department isn't open on weekends...) Someone is fixing this, and it better not have to be me.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #40
susanbagley@hotmail
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87498
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 susanbagley@hotmail Good Standing Member
I have just taken mine in for a new headliner and they put it in and I went to pick it up and the new one was damaged in shipping.They put it on anyway. So, they have to order another one and replace it. Has anyone noticed how to edges on the front headliner looks unfinished or frayed across where it is cut? Also, I was told it was the adhesive from the glue coming through the material. I had three bad spots.

Bookmarks & Social Networks