What neat tricks and tips have you've found since owning? - Page 96 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #951
Seminoles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98405
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Seminoles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims shadetree View Post
Driving n fog lights aren't to shine down the road but at area infront of car.our 11 fiesta headlite switch has off, park, n headlites(ol school style) the fogs come on with park lites n stay on with lo n hi beams.lo are on with hi beam also.would sure like that with my focus....it gets awful dark here in Missouri
With the fog lights on if you pull back on the dimmer switch both low, high beams, and fog stay on only thing is you have to hold it not bad unless it a winding road some one will come out with a hack or adapter. Use to be able to pull up wiring diagrams but now they want so much money for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #952
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

FF Reputation: 9 valmundo Good Standing Member
CD Player in MFT equipped cars - compressor

Not sure if this was mentioned before but I just discovered this feature today. When playing a CD (remember those?) there is an option button that takes you to a screen where you have the option to turn on the built in compressor. This is only available in the Sony stereo system. It is not available when you play music through USB. It is actually quite effective. Does a good job of boosting the signal. There is only an on off switch and no other parameters though.

The bass and midrange is boosted effectively.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #953
joshuafail
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115261
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver SE w/MFT

FF Reputation: 8 joshuafail Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
Not sure if this was mentioned before but I just discovered this feature today. When playing a CD (remember those?) there is an option button that takes you to a screen where you have the option to turn on the built in compressor. This is only available in the Sony stereo system. It is not available when you play music through USB. It is actually quite effective. Does a good job of boosting the signal. There is only an on off switch and no other parameters though.

The bass and midrange is boosted effectively.
This seems to be a feature on all of Ford's upgraded sound systems. My '08 Milan had the 8-speaker system, and had the same feature. Ditto with my mom's Mustang, with the Shaker 500.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #954
Anthony2816
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116150
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST w/ST3 pack

FF Reputation: 1 Anthony2816 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHumbleGeek View Post
...This is because fog lights do not have a cutoff inside the light and can therefore shine into oncoming drivers eyes....
If your fog lights can shine into oncoming drivers' eyes, they aren't aimed correctly. Fog lights should be mounted low, and aimed no higher than parallel to the ground, so that they light up the road with minimal lighting up of the fog. If they're shooting upwards to the point that they'd bother oncoming motorists, then they would also be lighting up the fog directly in front of you, reflecting into your own eyes, and making matters worse than if they weren't on at all.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #955
Anthony2816
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
Sync commands:..."Navigation, 'I am hungry'" It lists the restaurants in your current area on the map.
On my Focus, if I instead say "I am VERY hungry", it only shows all-you-can-eat buffets on the map.

(Okay, that isn't true...but it should be.)
Old 07-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #956
Userdenied
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116334
What I Drive: '13 Black Ti Hatch 5-Speed

FF Reputation: 5 Userdenied Good Standing Member
Does anyone know what the two slits next to rear defrost and passenger airbag light are for? I saw a photo somewhere on the forums where someone was using them to store cards of some kind.

I checked with my debit card and a parking garage ticket and they fit perfectly. Is this the intended purpose? I couldn't find anything in the manual on it. I wouldn't want to fill them with something if they ended up being vents or something however.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #957
Anthony2816
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Userdenied View Post
I checked with my debit card and a parking garage ticket and they fit perfectly. Is this the intended purpose?
Yes, that seems to be the consensus. I have a similar slit in the inside of my glove compartment door, next to the pen holder...do you?
Old 07-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #958
joshuafail
Focus Enthusiast

They're called "feature fillers". They're where the active park assist buttons would be, if equipped.

I don't think it's a coincidence that credit cards fit there, though- more like a nice design feature for student ID's, gym membership cards, things of the like. I don't have parking assist on my car (since I can park by myself just fine, thank you very much!) and I keep my Sam's Club membership card in there. Works perfect!
Old 07-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #959
Userdenied
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116334
What I Drive: '13 Black Ti Hatch 5-Speed

FF Reputation: 5 Userdenied Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony2816 View Post
Yes, that seems to be the consensus. I have a similar slit in the inside of my glove compartment door, next to the pen holder...do you?
I will have to look. I've not looked around inside the glove box beyond stowing the manuals and a few shop towels in there. I'll check that next time I'm in the car. I also need to check to see if there is an AUX port in there, though I'm starting to think after reading that the Ti didn't get one. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafail View Post
They're called "feature fillers". They're where the active park assist buttons would be, if equipped...
I was wondering where Auto Park would be if I had it. Not that I would, I'm with you. I can park on my own just fine. Though the reverse camera is kind of spoiling me. :P
Old 07-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #960
joshuafail
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Userdenied View Post
I also need to check to see if there is an AUX port in there, though I'm starting to think after reading that the Ti didn't get one. :(

The Aux-in port is in the armrest, next to the USB...

..wait... *runs out to car and checks*

..damn! I've had this car for a month and a half now, and JUST realized that I don't have an AUX port. Shows you how much I would have used it.. Bluetooth streaming audio FTW!

Bookmarks & Social Networks