What neat tricks and tips have you've found since owning? - Page 43 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #421
jade408
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91998
What I Drive: Focus HB Titanium, Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 jade408 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I was using the Navigation yesterday, and noticed a few cool things
1. I love the view button
a. when you are in "regular mode, it will give you the list of upcoming directions
b. when approaching a freeway on or off ramp, it gives you a diagram of the ramp so you know which lane to get in, and how the lane will flow
2. I don't know how I got there, but I also noticed it sometimes includes the speed limit of the road!

Also, not sure if everyone noticed this, but I thought I'd point it out. If you get the leather seats you get a center armrest/cup holder combo for the back seat.

On the stereo, if you dig into the settings, you can set it to index your bluetooth audio device so you can browse. (My sales person told me this wasn't available.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #422
JPopNC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88327
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium H-back

FF Reputation: 1 JPopNC Good Standing Member
also for the Nav...once you set your destination you get the next turn readout on the little drive info screen...??? Well, as you near your destination the info screen will show the 'checkered flag' for your target, but it also will have the flag either left or right of a line indicating which side of the road it will be on. Can't tell you how many times this has come in extremely handy!
Old 12-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #423
Jazzdog
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79102
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy M5 Titanium Hatch

Points 55, Level 1
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Jazzdog Good Standing Member
Found a feature I was unaware of on the HD radio.

When listening to a HD station sometimes there is only a number 1 next to HD but when there is a number 2 also it means they have 2 channels. Switch to the other channel with the >> button under the display, << switches back to primary HD channel
Old 12-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #424
JPopNC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88327
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium H-back

FF Reputation: 1 JPopNC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzdog View Post
Found a feature I was unaware of on the HD radio.

When listening to a HD station sometimes there is only a number 1 next to HD but when there is a number 2 also it means they have 2 channels. Switch to the other channel with the >> button under the display, << switches back to primary HD channel
These are sub-stations, much like you'd see with Over-The-Air (OTA) HD television. I've seen up to three sub-stations so far. The nice thing about these are they are extremely clear, even better than USB connected devices (sometimes).
Old 12-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #425
pra2veen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86954
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatch (Kona Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 pra2veen Good Standing Member
I've run my SE down to '1 mi to E' a couple of times. The Distance to Empty meter seems to be working fine for me.

I'm guessing, the only time it wouldn't work is if your driving conditions keep changing and it is not able to estimate the DtoE properly.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #426
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,517, Level 22
Points: 1,517, Level: 22 Points: 1,517, Level: 22 Points: 1,517, Level: 22
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
I just love this thread!!! Anyone know if there is away to have the fogs come on with the auto lamp feature?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #427
datsunfreak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89960
What I Drive: 2012 Ebony Black SE Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 datsunfreak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPopNC View Post
Don't know if anyone even checks this thread anymore
Are you kidding? I check it every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Sometimes technology is used for the sake of using technology and sometimes technology is used in a well thought out sensible manner.
To me, that perfectly describes everything that is in the 2012 Focus.

There are so many things that this car does that I almost daily ask myself "why doesn't every car do/have this?!?"

Every time someone gets in the car and it's raining, I have to show them how when you put the car in reverse the rear wiper automatically comes on. I would have NEVER thought of that, but it's awesome. Every car should do it.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #428
lrbr30022
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85804
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
I just love this thread!!! Anyone know if there is away to have the fogs come on with the auto lamp feature?
Just to the left of the knob, there is a button you can push to turn your fog lights on without changing your headlight setting.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #429
lrbr30022
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85804
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPopNC View Post
Don't know if anyone even checks this thread anymore, but just had to share this with my fellow FF's! Although I have the Nav package, rarely have it on that screen, especially during my daily communte, however yesterday had it there to check to see if there were any traffic delays and just didn't move it off that screen. As I was getting near my exit, noticed the gas needle was nearing empty so decided to go ahead and fill up. Before I reached the fuel station the amber light came on to indicate getting low on fuel...no big deal, all the cars do it, right? What totally freaked me out though was that the second that light came on, all the surrounding fuel stations popped up on my Nav system!!! It was like, "you need gas, here are all the stations around you".

To double check, went ahead and filled up, then re-checked the Nav map...all the fuel stations were gone! Now THAT is slick!!!
So I knew about the gas station feature - but how are you seeing traffic delays on the Nav? I don't see anything. Maybe there is just some option I have not turned on???
Old 12-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #430
tmnCA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91665
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Hatchback SE, Sport

FF Reputation: 0 tmnCA Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbr30022 View Post
Just to the left of the knob, there is a button you can push to turn your fog lights on without changing your headlight setting.
I think what the post was asking (because it's what I would like to know too) is whether the fog lights can se set to always come on automatically along with the regular headlights - for those of us who live in areas prone to fog!

Also the headlights don't come on when on auto if there is dense fog but enough filtering light - any way to increase the sensitivity?

To add to the thread, I love the no-cap gas tank - not only saves time but prevents having to touch a potentially gas-dirtied cap with your hand and having it smell like gas all day.

Bookmarks & Social Networks