How do I reset my obd2 codes - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
Roofer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88722
What I Drive: 01 ZX3 5-speed

FF Reputation: 1 Roofer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
How do I reset my obd2 codes

Check engine light was on due to the fact that the air intake pipe was not clamped to the intake on the engine. It was an aftermarket stainless pipe and was all rigged up! I got the factory air box at the salvage yard and installed it. I think the light was on due to the fact that the air being sucked into the car was no going through the mass air flow sensor. After fixing this I disconnected the battery to clear the light and since then I have put 150 miles on the car and while getting it inspected i had to get an emissions test. It will not pass emissions due to the fact that the code for the evap and catalytic converter have not been set? How long does it take to get a good reading on the obd2?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
roosterst
фанатик

Fan#: 61461
What I Drive: '05 CD silver ZX3 ST

FF Reputation: 77 roosterst Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Evap, and Cat monitors take the longest to reset. The only thing you can do, is drive it. For those two monitors, drive at a steady 55ish MPH for 5 min. You can have the codes checked for free at most part stores, and some repair shops. If they read a P1000 code, it's still not ready to run the emissions test.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Roofer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

I have had it checked at the inspection station twice and it is still not ready even with 150 miles on it since the battery disconnect. I will try the 55ish 5 min and see if that helps. The shop said I may just want to throw a cat on it.?? From what I heard they are not something you just throw on for fun cause they aren't cheap from what ive hears but I have not priced them.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
roosterst
фанатик

Are they saying it's not ready to test, or it still has other issues, and won't pass? If it's not ready to test, and they are telling you to put a cat on it, you should go somewhere else.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
Roofer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Yeah they are saying it has two evap and cat that are not ready yet and he said if it does not set soon I should put a cat on it. I was thinking that is a bit of jumping the gun.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
roosterst
фанатик

It needs to have a 1/4, to 3/4 tank of gas. There are a few other specs the PCM needs to see too, outside temp, coolant temp, etc... If these parameters aren't met, it will never run the monitors.

Not sure how it works in your state, but in PA your car will pass with one monitor that hasn't run. They are jumping the gun.

Bookmarks & Social Networks