When projects go wrong / torque strut mount removal mess - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-16-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
lttljp15
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 83672
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 lttljp15 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
lol yea that happen to mine too, lucky i had it at my work a ford dealer and had it up on a lift i was able to get a mini air sawzall and press in new mounts from massive reusing the stock dogbone mount holder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
_ANTI
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92550
What I Drive: 2003 infrared SVT

FF Reputation: 1 _ANTI Good Standing Member
I had a similar issue to what the poster had, except my bolt only broke flush the nut welded to the top of the mount. I got the strut out fine and drilled what I thought as straight, but of course it wasn't. Now I,ve got a a hole through the nut and the broken bolt. So now an easy-out wont do the trick. Wtf do I do now? Sure wish I be room to pop the nut off with a cold chisle...
Bone Stock Infra-Red 2003 SVT #2762 of 3985
Old 08-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #13
Quisman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4272
What I Drive: 02 Red SVT / 06 F350 King Ranch

FF Reputation: 2 Quisman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Did you get fixed up anti?
If not. .. how about a couple pics?
Old 08-04-2013, 05:03 AM   #14
_ANTI
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92550
What I Drive: 2003 infrared SVT

FF Reputation: 1 _ANTI Good Standing Member
I did fix it. I didn't take pics though as I was working against the clock, but here is how I fixed it:
1. I drilled out as much of the bolt as I could, running the bit through the bottom hole and into the broken bolt.
2. Took the air chisle out, and just bladed away around the inside of the nut that is welded to upper side of the subframe, until the nut broke free.
3. Rode th wife's bike to the hardware store to buy replacement nut, lock washers, and bolt (10x 1.5x 75mm long)
4 put the mount in, ran the bolt through with a lock washer on both sides, and was good to go.
Bone Stock Infra-Red 2003 SVT #2762 of 3985
Old 08-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #15
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74686
What I Drive: '03 ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 Mile30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
The best part; a poly bushing'd dogbone is an easy install AAAAAND makes the driving behavior new & secksy!

As a technician I can verify: It's never a very complex job (no matter what job it is); it's the things that go wrong as you get through it that test your will, patience, and time!
Old 08-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #16
lmcd314
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90550
What I Drive: 00 spi-sold, 2003 cd-silver SVT zx5

FF Reputation: 1 lmcd314 Good Standing Member
same thing happened to mine, but the mount would make unbearable creaking sound, every time the engine moved. drilled out the bolt enough to pull the mount out, grabbed the rest of the bolt threaded into the nut with locking pliers and slowly spun it out. slapped in a newer mount and new bolt, everything is tight and no more creak.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->