JRSC install - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
xy0s08
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65298
What I Drive: 00 ZX3 Kona, 00 ZX3, 04 SVTF

FF Reputation: 7 xy0s08 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
JRSC install

I have finally pieced together all the brackets for my JRSC and i am planning on starting the install today. the only thing that i am missing from the kit is the hardware.. am i going to run into an issue of not having bots, nuts, vacuum hoses.. ect.. when i start installing it?

MARCH ROTM 2010 Midwest crew #58
9/11 was an inside job! fluoride is poisoning all of you! The Federal Reserve is a private bank that is making fake money and bankrupting America! Open your eyes to what is going on in the US! Infowars.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
Ryan03svt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62675
What I Drive: 2003 black focus svt

FF Reputation: 2 Ryan03svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I was missing alot of bolts and some hoses but managed to find most of them at lowes and home depot for the nuts and blots and autozone/advanced auto parts for most of the hoses. If you do enough looking im pretty sure you can find most of the hardware. Good luck with the install. Just finished mine a couple months ago!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
xy0s08
Focus Addict

awesome thanks for the help.. did you reused the studs that attach the SC to the head or did you need longer bolts?

Just trying to figure all this out before i start because i dont live near any hardware store or anything and i dont want to make a million trips into town.
9/11 was an inside job! fluoride is poisoning all of you! The Federal Reserve is a private bank that is making fake money and bankrupting America! Open your eyes to what is going on in the US! Infowars.com
Old 08-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Ryan03svt
Focus Enthusiast

There were only 2 studs coming out of the block that attached to the jrsc manifold. They were the two most outside holes. I had to buy bolts to fill up the rest of the holes. Remeber to tighten those suckers good. Mine is starting to leak someware and now its gonna be a pain in the ass to go back and tighten all the bolts again haha
Old 08-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
xy0s08
Focus Addict

alright cool. how was moving the PS reservoir? and was yours on a ZETEC?? I need to get a belt still but im not sure on the length
Old 08-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #6
Ryan03svt
Focus Enthusiast

The PS reservoir was a pain in the ass. It was not that bad but it gets really messy. My kit didn't come with the bracket so it is zip tied to the frame. looks terrible but it gets the job done. I have an SVT so I think my length will be different. It should say on the last couple pages of the instructions what belt size you need for every application. just make sure you look to see if you have the new or old alternator bracket design and then it gives lengths for both belt sizes
Old 08-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
iceberg65
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64382
What I Drive: 00 laser red cougar

FF Reputation: 2 iceberg65 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I would try to find actual studs for mounting the manifold; I believe they are M8X1.25 40mm. Studs>bolts and your adding quite a bit more weight on there then the stock manifold.

The nuts, bolts and vac hoses aren't too bad to find. I got stuff between partsource and the bolt supply house.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
Ryan03svt
Focus Enthusiast

Iceberg is right. I just remembered I actually baught the studs from mossmotors. they still had some in stock. I would check with them to see if they have any more
Old 08-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
DEMENTED SVTF
PARTS HUNTER

Fan#: 71669
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX2 5.0 SUPERCAB

FF Reputation: 9 DEMENTED SVTF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Yup the mani to head uses studs into the head then nuts. U can't get just a bolt to fit in there studs must be used.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
xy0s08
Focus Addict

I just got back from the parts store and i got some of the bolts on the parts list that is with the instructions and i got all new studs for the head and nuts.

anyone have any idea on what/how vacuum lines and fittings that you needed on the install?

Bookmarks & Social Networks