Im Impressed!! My review!! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
woodknack
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117603
What I Drive: 2008, red, mk2

FF Reputation: 1 woodknack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Im Impressed!! My review!!

Let me start out here saying im no kid. Im 43 and have had many cars so far in my life time. The faster being a 89 mustang gt. I commute 60 miles a day to work. and have been driving junk cars to work while my wife gets a new truck and works at home! Go figure!?? So when my 99 vw beetle starts needing more maintenance then its worth, I start looking for something else. I want something sexy with lots of doo dads inside to woo me while driving. I want a standard shift for the fun and mpg. I narrow it down to a honda civic ex. Man that car is sexy! The dash is cool as hell. and it gets 40 mpg. I had to have one. I find a ok deal on one from a small dealer. I test drive it. Wham my dreams shattered. Oh it was cool inside but had no power and could see little things wearing out sooner then expected. I find a good private deal on a ford focus 2008 with under 60,000 miles for $6500.To be honest the outside looks of this model mk2 really did nothing for me. Looked like a 80's style honda to me. But the inside was cool. enough buttons to woo me! cool looking racing guages. A manual 5 speed trans, pretty nice looking seats. I take it for a ride. And wow! I am floored. Its tight.solid. No rattles. I bought it.I take it to work By the time I got home from work (60 miles) I had babied 40.3 average mpg out of it! For a car like this.. Who would have ever thought you would get that type of gas milage out of it!! Beats any yaris for fun factor vs mpg any day! Ok I saved the best for last. I get home from work and dont want to get out of the car. I wanted to play with it ( no pun intended!). So I take it on a 7 mile loop . But this time I decide to ring the little car out! I tach it up in first, hit 2nds and start feeling it. I hit 3rd and bring it up. I am now way over the speed limit for the country road i live on. drop it in fourth and let off the gas as i am already going way to fast. I start slowing down to the speed limit. All the while im trying to compare this 140hp motor ( which it feels ALOT bigger then that) to my 150hp motor in an older grand am gt I once had. This thing firmly plants you in your seat. Now i am not trying to start any flame wars as I know lots of you guys have had much faster small cars. But this is the best fastest little car I have had to date. I have read reviews of people saying it could use more power. I say "Bull SH_ T! They either have an automatic trans or they are just not letting this thing rev high enough before shifting. But I think its a little rocket If you know how to push it! Its still early for me to make a total review but so far I am pleasntly pleased! Ok Guys here is another biggy. Its AMERICAN made, Parts are resonably priced. And it not a company owned by the government! This is just my take and a review I was looking for when shopping for this type of car. All comments welcomed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93835
What I Drive: 2010 Focus Se 1998 Ford F150

Points 2,401, Level 29
Points: 2,401, Level: 29 Points: 2,401, Level: 29 Points: 2,401, Level: 29
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 2 2010SVT Good Standing Member
I love my 2010. I bought it for my ex while I drove my truck. She cheated I took car, then my F150 I was using for show broke down for a while so I started to play with my focus. Needless to say I found the car quite boring when I started. Now when I get in it I find it far from boring. Fun little car, never thought Id own one but I'd own another. Trying to talk my girlfriend out of her civic and into a focus lol.
sedan revolution #215 2010 SE Sedan, SES conversion front and rear, Ksport coilovers, Fswerks CAI, 93 tune, Race header and flex pipe, stealth exhaust, upper front stress bar and engine cover.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

Points 7,602, Level 58
Points: 7,602, Level: 58 Points: 7,602, Level: 58 Points: 7,602, Level: 58
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
if you think its fun now wait until you start dropping money on some fun parts
Old 08-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
woodknack
Focus Rookie

im already looking! LOL. Im thinking some sort of body kit to dress the outside look up. Then again if i make it too sporty I'll probably end up getting speeding tickets!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Points 4,154, Level 41
Points: 4,154, Level: 41 Points: 4,154, Level: 41 Points: 4,154, Level: 41
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
You're 43 and the MK2 Focus is the fastest car you've had to date? I'm feeling a little sad for you right now. ;')
Old 08-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93835
What I Drive: 2010 Focus Se 1998 Ford F150

Points 2,401, Level 29
Points: 2,401, Level: 29 Points: 2,401, Level: 29 Points: 2,401, Level: 29
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 2 2010SVT Good Standing Member
Look up the 3dcarbon kit. Probably the only and best kit they make for our cars
sedan revolution #215 2010 SE Sedan, SES conversion front and rear, Ksport coilovers, Fswerks CAI, 93 tune, Race header and flex pipe, stealth exhaust, upper front stress bar and engine cover.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
woodknack
Focus Rookie

nope I said the mustang gt was my fastest car i ever owned. Im hopping from a 99 vw beetle with a 2.slow in it to this focus. Much better then I expected!!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #8
woodknack
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SVT View Post
Look up the 3dcarbon kit. Probably the only and best kit they make for our cars
Yes I like the looks of the 3d carbon kits
Old 08-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #9
fawzie13R
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 71759
What I Drive: '09 LT Blue Focus SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 fawzie13R Good Standing Member
I had a 2008 couple, it was light blue. I did a lot to it. they are fun little cars that's for sure, i got stuck next to a G8 one time at a redlight so for fun i reved up on him and when the light turned green he took off and i stalled but i fired her back up and dumped the clutch(gotta love FX300 clutches) and instantly lit up both tires lol the guy i guess was watching but we ended pulling over and talking and he couldn't believe a focus did that. they are good cars, i used and abused my old coupe but my sedan i have now im gonna do right this time besides i got kids now so i have to stay safe lol.

Last edited by zetecDon; 08-08-2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Removed discussion of excessive speed on public roadways
Old 08-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #10
2008 Ford Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91826
What I Drive: 2008 Focus SES 5 speed

Points 454, Level 9
Points: 454, Level: 9 Points: 454, Level: 9 Points: 454, Level: 9
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 2008 Ford Focus Newbie
I am glad you discovered the Mk2 Focus as a great car. I enjoy my 5 spd too. I only get 30 mpg because I drive 12 miles in stop and go. I have had mine for 5 years and only have 45k miles, but it has been the most reliable and cheapest car to maintain that I have ever had. Enjoy!

2000FordFocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.