2012 a/c problem - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #41
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando2012 View Post
Well funny how this has become an issue because I brought it up once last summer here and it was ignored.
I was living in the southwest where the temps were really high last summer and I noticed the A/C did not cool very well when the temp outside was high, like over 95.
I have since move to east Texas where in the summer you get high humidity as well as very high temperatures.
Now the weather has been warm here and low humidity, but summer is not here yet.
So I will see how well my 2012 Ford Focus handles the high heat and humidity.
I hate the major inconvenience of having to take it to the dealer so they can "look" at it and then slowly figure it all out.
Maybe the factory condenser is not made to handle high outside temperatures.
We'll see what happens and I'll keep this forum posted.
It isnt with ever car, mine easily handled 110 degrees last summer without any problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #42
sprcoop
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91034
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Met, 201A, Sport, 5sp

FF Reputation: 1 sprcoop Good Standing Member
I had brought up issues with the A/C in my wife's car and when she took it to the dealer they replaced the compressor. Perfect ever since. That was last winter but we have had a few days over 100 so far and believe me if the A/C in my wife's car wasn't up to snuff I would know about it. When I went in for my 5K free oil change my service manager mentioned they have done a few compressors since hers. Sort of a trend. Great dealer.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #43
Armando2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89153
What I Drive: 2012 Focus S Sterling Gray Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 Armando2012 Good Standing Member
From another forum posting, Ford deliberately undercharging A/C to save on the cost of freon:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286869
Old 05-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #44
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptcv1 View Post
Mine will need to be checked too... Seems to also produce hot air at any setting when a/c off which makes necessary to use a/c very often... Even when outside temp is not high.. When using a/c need to dial close to max cold setting to feel cold air... Whats odd is the left vent from central dash always blows warmer air vs the right one...
Hi Uptcv1,

Pleasure to meet you!

I'm thinking AC is necessary whether in cool or hot climates. #IMO

If you’ve not done so, visit your local Ford dealer to have this diagnosed. At the same time, I’ll be happy to escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager for you your area. Please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN to begin the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando2012 View Post
Well funny how this has become an issue because I brought it up once last summer here and it was ignored...
I have since moved to east Texas where in the summer you get high humidity as well as very high temperatures...
So I will see how well my 2012 Ford Focus handles the high heat and humidity.
Armando2012,

Ugh…my curly hair would not survive. I must have AC!

Let’s have this reviewed by the Customer Service Manager for your area, but first, call up your local Ford dealer and set up an appointment. Once you do so, shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprcoop View Post
I had brought up issues with the A/C in my wife's car and when she took it to the dealer they replaced the compressor. Perfect ever since...
sprcoop,

Excellent!

How about sharing that great dealer with other family members in your area? You can do so by posting your dealer accolade on Ford Social.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 05-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #45
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Hello, I just wanted to address something that the thread kind of started out as, and then changed. This car is more than capable of cooling in hot weather when everything is functioning. Don't let the talk of AC deter you. I've got a black focus, and have spent the last week in florida with it. It gets cold fast, and stays cold. I find myself turning it down. Granted, it hasn't hit 100 yet, but i expect it to be cool enough.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #46
Blizzard35
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88463
What I Drive: 2012 Lincoln MKZ AWD Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 2 Blizzard35 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by asting View Post
Hello, I just wanted to address something that the thread kind of started out as, and then changed. This car is more than capable of cooling in hot weather when everything is functioning. Don't let the talk of AC deter you. I've got a black focus, and have spent the last week in florida with it. It gets cold fast, and stays cold. I find myself turning it down. Granted, it hasn't hit 100 yet, but i expect it to be cool enough.
The a/c in my car has "never" worked properly since day one. Earlier this spring when we hit 28 C here in Northern Ontario, there was no cold air coming out at all. Brought the car to the dealership, they said it was 1/2 empty of coolant/refrigerant, they tested for leaks but couldn't find any. So, they topped it up and this past week, every time I go up a hill or come to a stop, I get a foul smell followed by "hot air" blowing. My poor Siberian Husky Puppy hates to drive in the car now because it's blowing HOT air on him! Anyway, I have an appointment to have the a/c fixed, the TSB on the ABS and the transmission is still "wonky" after the latest and greatest reprogramming that did nothing. Honestly, is it too much to ask for a car that just WORKS the way it should work? Obviously with this one it is!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #47
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard35 View Post
The a/c in my car has "never" worked properly since day one. Earlier this spring when we hit 28 C here in Northern Ontario, there was no cold air coming out at all. Brought the car to the dealership, they said it was 1/2 empty of coolant/refrigerant, they tested for leaks but couldn't find any. So, they topped it up and this past week, every time I go up a hill or come to a stop, I get a foul smell followed by "hot air" blowing. My poor Siberian Husky Puppy hates to drive in the car now because it's blowing HOT air on him! Anyway, I have an appointment to have the a/c fixed, the TSB on the ABS and the transmission is still "wonky" after the latest and greatest reprogramming that did nothing. Honestly, is it too much to ask for a car that just WORKS the it should work? Obviously with this one it is!
Hey Blizzard,
I'm not trying to address the quality control issues, or even to defend the factory, just noting. When it works, it works well enough that it keeps my black car cool in florida. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. It's not underequipped or underpowered, but has serious quality issues from the factory.

I thought it was a little ironic that the built with pride in michigan sticker was very poorly attached (huge air bubbles, dirty, etc).
Old 05-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #48
ArticWhite
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98968
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford Wht. Focus Artic int.

FF Reputation: 1 ArticWhite Good Standing Member
Bummed

618 miles on my focus and a/c is not working. Took Wife and Kid out for mothers days pictures and all our hairs were messed up. After reading these post, Looks like I will be heading to dealeship.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #49
focus_freak33
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97168
What I Drive: 2012, Gray, Ford Focus SE, Auto

FF Reputation: 1 focus_freak33 Good Standing Member
I actually have not noticed a problem with the A/C not getting cold as most people have in this thread. My car I have had since March 21, 2012. I actually a couple of times have noticed my A/C making some noises, like from the blower or something, and I have taken it to my local dealer, and they could not find anything wrong...so who knows. It does not do this all the time, just on occasion. I know it is coming from the A/C because when I turn the A/C off it will go away, but it will not happen all the time.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #50
LTJBENNETT
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99061
What I Drive: GREEN 2012 FORD FOCUS

FF Reputation: 1 LTJBENNETT Good Standing Member
Capt bennett

I have taken my 2012 ford focus in twice for problems with the air conditioner not working intermittantly. It does it randomly and the car heats up and a foul stale smell comes from the air vents.
The mechanic states he can't find anything wrong . The ac works ok most of the time but when it goes out for several minutes in the texas heat it can become unbearable.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->