2012 a/c problem - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #21
dcamfam
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93153
What I Drive: 2012 5 door Focus White

FF Reputation: 1 dcamfam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey dcamfam & sbceleste,

Here I am! I'll be happy to escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager in your area. Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info to begin the process.

Thanks,

Noemi
Did u receive my information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #22
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcamfam View Post
Did u receive my information
Morning dcamfam,

No, I still have not received your info.

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 04-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #23
mcbeenb
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97940
What I Drive: 2012, Blue, Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 mcbeenb Good Standing Member
Hello Guys,

We are also having issues with out A/C, and have since we drove it off the lot. At first we just thought the car had finicky controls. Its been winter here and we have not used the A/C for cooling much. We did how ever notice that even when it was cold outside, and the A/C was off, the system would blow warm air when turned as low as possible without being turned to max. We decided it had to go in after last weekend. We were on the road, driving in 70 degree weather, a/c on full with blower at full speed. The car was uncomfortably hot. We ended up rolling down the windows to cool down! I hate to think of how its going to be this summer.

The car is in for service, and they have had the car for two days now trying to figure out what we are talking about. It's extremely frustrating. When we first took the car in, the Rep we spoke to was helpful and easily recreated the issue, but after it got into the garage, the techs are fighting us.

Hopefully we will have the car fixed this afternoon. We'll keep you posted. I'm hoping if it does get fixed I can let you all know exactly what was done. Might save you time in the future.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #24
dcamfam
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

AC Problem

Finally took my 5 door focus into the shop this morning...of course, the problem would not duplicate. mine is more intermittent....like others have posted, will be working fine, then start to blow hot humid, almost moist air, with a terrible smell similar to overheating radiator/coolant, although temperature gauge is normal...Turning on and off several times will sometimes kick it back on.
Anyway, the problem has been escalated prior to me going to the dealer due to the great monitoring of this site by Ford Folks, but we will see. I hope that by being escalated, the shop will take their time looking for the problem. By the comments of the Service Writer today, HE has never seen or heard of a problem with the AC, but given all the threads here, something is up.
When you complain about an INTERMITTENT problem, they look at you like your crazy.....honest I have better things to do that to have my car in the shop for 2 days or more. Im at the point, that if they can not fix the problem, I will be selling a car that I love with less than 4000 miles on it, as the smell has actually made my wife sick to her stomach. Thats going to be an expensive hit on this retired guys pension....
I too will keep you all informed as to what happens....
Old 04-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #25
dcamfam
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Well, with the help of Noemi to escalate the problem, and Wendy a customer service Manager, I was set up with an appointment with a local Ford Dealer that knew in advance of the problem with my air conditioner putting out warm air, and a humid smell, on and off.
Although the smell problem was not duplicated, an extensive check of the system was made, and the biggest problem was that the system was not fully charged with freon, or whatever the new stuff is. They kept the car overnight, did a dye test on the system and rechecked the the charge to make sure there were no leaks. I will keep you advised if there is any change, but for the first time since I owned the car (only 3500 miles) and running it all day yesterday in 90 degree weather, I had no problems, and actually had to turn the system down, because it cooled so well. My thanks to Noemi, Wendy, and Capitol Ford in San Jose California for their attention, and restoring my faith in Ford.
If your reading this Noemi, please send me a PM so I can thank you properly.
To those with problems, I endorse this site. Im an old senior citizen, not into twitter, facebook and the like, but stumbled upon this site by accident..I think Ford should let EVERYONE know about it when they purchase their car.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #26
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Excellent! glad to hear it was resolved. This definitely is a great site :)
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 04-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #27
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeenb View Post
...We are also having issues with out A/C, and have since we drove it off the lot. At first we just thought the car had finicky controls. Its been winter here and we have not used the A/C for cooling much. We did how ever notice that even when it was cold outside, and the A/C was off, the system would blow warm air when turned as low as possible without being turned to max. We decided it had to go in after last weekend. ...
The car is in for service, and they have had the car for two days now trying to figure out what we are talking about...
Hi mcbeenb,

In the event the Focus is still at the dealership, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN. I値l escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcamfam View Post
Well, with the help of Noemi to escalate the problem, and Wendy a customer service Manager, I was set up with an appointment with a local Ford Dealer that knew in advance of the problem with my air conditioner putting out warm air, and a humid smell, on and off.
... My thanks to Noemi, Wendy, and Capitol Ford in San Jose California for their attention, and restoring my faith in Ford.
If your reading this Noemi, please send me a PM so I can thank you properly...
Hello dcamfam,

Thank you for the feedback. Comments like yours delight us; I値l make sure to relay the praise to Wendy and Capitol Ford.

If assistance is needed in the future, please don稚 hesitate to contact us.

Take care and enjoy your Focus!

Noemi

Old 04-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #28
mcbeenb
Focus Rookie

The first trip in was a failure, and they could not recreate the issue. They didn't honestly believe us. In exchange for our frustration, they offered to expedite us the next time the problem was happening, and we were in the area.

Just so happens that my wife was out this morning, having the exact same thing. She is over at the dealer on capital expressway in San Jose right now. Capital ford. It's a blue focus under the name mcbeen. Don't have the vin handy.

The good news is that they are seeing the problem, and think it might be a bad sensor. We'll see how it goes.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #29
mcbeenb
Focus Rookie

They determined after tearing it all down, that the condenser was bad. Also, they found the air dampers were not set correctly, allowing hot air into the system from the heater even when the A/C was on.

When you take the car in for testing, it is critical that the car is fully warmed up. The problem is not as pronounced with a cold engine because the heater is cold as well.

We are dropping the car off again this afternoon to have all the repairs done, and should get it back tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #30
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
...The good news is that they are seeing the problem, and think it might be a bad sensor. We'll see how it goes.
Quote:
They determined after tearing it all down, that the condenser was bad. Also, they found the air dampers were not set correctly, allowing hot air into the system from the heater even when the A/C was on.
We are dropping the car off again this afternoon to have all the repairs done, and should get it back tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Morning mcbeenb,

I知 glad to learn the dealer is making progress with the Focus. Continue working with them; I知 sure they値l repair the AC. The option to escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager is still available in the event further assistance is needed. In order to do so, please send me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.
Have a great weekend!

Noemi

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->