2012 a/c problem - Page 25 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #241
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,903, Level 66
Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
It was in the high 80s to lower 90s today on the way home, and since getting the a/c checked out and adjusted to the proper charge level it seems to work even better at hotter temperatures than it did at lower ones. It got cold enough to feel almost ice cold on my arms and hands while driving. It was nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #242
potam
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102556
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 1 potam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I won't even pretend to understand this anymore.

Took the car in again (primarily for the transmission) and had them take a look at the AC again. They come back and say the coolant is down to 40%. Somehow they don't find a leak.

They filled it back up, and on the way home, it blew warmer than I ever remember it blowing. It's gotten to the point where I feel awkward complaining about this. I feel like a madman.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #243
Howie6267
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115727
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Howie6267 Good Standing Member
I had this same problem with our Focus and thanks to Crystal at Ford Customer Service here on the forum and my local dealer we were able to get the issue resolved. Like stated in the original post our AC would cut out in stop and go traffic and also when going down hill. Our dealer replaced the compressor and we now have ice cold air all the time. Thanks for your help Crystal.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #244
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,298, Level 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.wilder View Post
I just purchased a used 2012 focus se with 18k miles and the wife tells me the ac is not working very well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatxevg View Post
My entire AC quit. A week ago. Was told it was the control module in the dash...
Quote:
Originally Posted by potam View Post
...Took the car in again (primarily for the transmission) and had them take a look at the AC again. They come back and say the coolant is down to 40%. Somehow they don't find a leak.

They filled it back up, and on the way home, it blew warmer than I ever remember it blowing...
Hi a.wilder, Whodatxevg, and potam.

Sorry for the delayed response. Did you three get your concerns taken care of since you posted on this thread? If not PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info and I'll take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie6267 View Post
I had this same problem with our Focus and thanks to Crystal at Ford Customer Service here on the forum and my local dealer we were able to get the issue resolved...Thanks for your help Crystal.
Thanks so much, Howie6267. I'll be sure to pass this along to Crystal!

Ashley

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 07-26-2013, 01:20 AM   #245
Rock_
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101750
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 Rock_ Good Standing Member
Don't "feel like a madman" as you are not alone. Ford Service will tell you they can't find anything, but the a/c won't work. Happened to me and others on these forums. Same deal with the transmission. I would just keep complaining and keep a journal of what you are doing.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #246
g2gopher
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117261
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 1 g2gopher Good Standing Member
2012 AC Problems

I have my Focus for just over a year. I have had it to Two dealers about the AC not cooling and have received the same response ever time found no problem AC functioning as designed.

If this is the case why do I have to drive for 3 to 4 miles before cold air come out and that is running it on max AC and the blower on 4 to get enough air to be comfortable. If the temperature is above 80 degrees I can forget using the car because the it will never cool down. I take my other car and by the time I'm the end of the block the air car is comfortable and the AC can be turn to low fan for the reminder of any trip.

I have had the car is several times on the hottest days to have it checked with the same results. Yes it's blowing cold air out of the vent after several minutes of extremely hot air blowing yet it never cools the car off. If your in the back seat forget getting comfortable because the car will never cool back there. I can do the same test they do by sticking a thermometer in the vent and saying the air coming out is cold, it is but the car never cools off, for get taking a long trip on a hot day. Is there any help for this, I've been told Ford is aware of the problem so why don't they fix it!
Old 07-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #247
Uptcv1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88390
What I Drive: 2012 sonic blue SE sport DCT hatch

Points 2,514, Level 30
Points: 2,514, Level: 30 Points: 2,514, Level: 30 Points: 2,514, Level: 30
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Uptcv1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2gopher View Post
... I've been told Ford is aware of the problem so why don't they fix it!
Curious as to who told you Ford is aware... Looks like all we hear is "works as designed" and "tested other like focus does the same.."
Old 07-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #248
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

Points 3,700, Level 38
Points: 3,700, Level: 38 Points: 3,700, Level: 38 Points: 3,700, Level: 38
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Mine goes in for evap freezing on Wednesday. Coming up on 36K miles, need to have the niggling things addressed.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 07-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #249
dcamfam
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93153
What I Drive: 2012 5 door Focus White

FF Reputation: 1 dcamfam Good Standing Member
I am the one who originally posted the problem with my 2012. 3 trips to the dealer no results..
Finally someone from ford who monitors this site got involved, turned me on to Ford Lincoln customer service and sent me to a different dealer.....Kept car for 2 days, and ended up changing out some parts...Because it was warranty, i did not get a list of what they did, but in talking to the tech, before the repair, he told me that it looked like the condenser and two valves that go into the firewall were defective...Bottom line is that since the repair..almost a year, i have no problems.... Look through the postings and see if you spot a response from a ford monitor, and send them a private email and see if they can help...Because of this, yes Ford knows there are cars out there with intermittent problems that are had to diagosis.....and should fix. Ultimate (not the best) soulution is to see if your state has a lemon law// In california,a problem that has been reported, and 2-3 services attempted qualify...but i think the good people who monitor this site might help. If you send me a private email, I can give you my vin number... A couple of others have asked for it, as it seems that with the vin, the dealership can look and see what was done to my car...
Old 08-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #250
DaeHanL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90891
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 DaeHanL Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2gopher View Post
I have my Focus for just over a year. I have had it to Two dealers about the AC not cooling and have received the same response ever time found no problem AC functioning as designed.

If this is the case why do I have to drive for 3 to 4 miles before cold air come out and that is running it on max AC and the blower on 4 to get enough air to be comfortable. If the temperature is above 80 degrees I can forget using the car because the it will never cool down.
I've had the same problem with my car since day 1. The air never gets cold enough to cool the cabin to a comfortable temperature. I have to have it set to max ac+ with the highest blower setting and after 20 minutes of driving the car gets less hot. If it's over 80F out, forget about it

I've been to the dealership several times about. Get sent home and treated like i'm being a pain, and my a/c is exactly as it was when I came in.

I just wanted to document that I have the same symptoms as you do, you are not alone, and I have manual controls. I believe that since my air is never cool, regardless of a/c or not (when outside temps are low even), that it would appear hot air is making its way into the vent when it's not supposed to be.

I PM'd Customer Service on here and hope they can help! I'll report back.

2012 FF5DR SE Sport, 5-Spd, and ALL the 'fixins!
-DaeHan

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.