2012 a/c problem - Page 23 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #221
Vegasheat
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112159
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Vegasheat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi Vegasheat,

I want to get this into the hands of your regional customer service manager so they can step in. Send me a private message (PM) with your info (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, full name) and I'll get to work on your case.

Crystal
PM Sent ,,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #222
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasheat View Post
PM Sent ,,,
Thanks, Vegasheat! I received your PM and responded. :)

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 04-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #223
biggc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96727
What I Drive: 2012 yellow se hatch,5sp spt.pack

FF Reputation: 1 biggc Good Standing Member
OK finally have my ac fixed after 2 trips to dealer.first time i don't think they did anything, treated me like a DA said it worked fine lies.2nd trip had different service manger ride with me
and agreed ac not rite ,long story short NEW compressor ac fixed.why don't they listen to the customer. Thanks Crystal and thanks to the other ford lady that's been calling me.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #224
PandT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110640
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium Hatch 18" Plat White

FF Reputation: 2 PandT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
How long was the car sitting on the lot before you picked it up? I only ask because there was a specific special service message that said if the car wasn't driven for over 3 weeks (maybe it was longer) with the a/c compressor switched on before the car was last shut down that it could cause the compressor to fail on restarting the car for the first time since then. Its why generally you'd not want to leave a car sitting for long enough to develop problems while in inventory, let alone in storage when purchased.
Um, mine was sitting on the lot for awhile (30 Nov 12) and since I picked it up Feb 28, I have not run the A/C, I did see that the climate control said it was running one day but as soon as I noticed it, I shut it off. Any reason to be concerned? What 'Special Service Message' are you referring to since it will warm up here eventually and I'd like to be prepared if possible.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #225
jpolk84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97415
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE w/ Sport Package 5-sp

FF Reputation: 1 jpolk84 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggc View Post
OK finally have my ac fixed after 2 trips to dealer.first time i don't think they did anything, treated me like a DA said it worked fine lies.2nd trip had different service manger ride with me
and agreed ac not rite ,long story short NEW compressor ac fixed.why don't they listen to the customer. Thanks Crystal and thanks to the other ford lady that's been calling me.
My A/C underperforms. I dread Summer. In fact, I don't intend to be driving this by then. I think Ford really should have spent more time on the new gen.

And by the way, dealers just suck. If Ford wants to up their game start demanding better CS out of their dealers. But that's true with any car maker. Cars today are commodities. Dealers are just peddling widgets so maybe that explains the lack of pride.

Last edited by jpolk84; 04-07-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #226
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandT View Post
Um, mine was sitting on the lot for awhile (30 Nov 12) and since I picked it up Feb 28, I have not run the A/C, I did see that the climate control said it was running one day but as soon as I noticed it, I shut it off. Any reason to be concerned? What 'Special Service Message' are you referring to since it will warm up here eventually and I'd like to be prepared if possible.
I don't have access to the service messages anymore, but I recall this one specifically because it was related to improper storage and when the car was first started after having sat with the compressor engaged it could seize, however if the compressor was not seized up or left on prior to the car starting for the first time then it wasn't an issue.

Turning the a/c compressor on and off isn't going to damage it, but the extended storage with it engaged could have caused it to seize and lock up which would fry the compressor and take the belt out with it afaik.

It sounds like yours is fine as long as the a/c works when it gets hot again.

The one day when it was above 60 here and I tried to use the a/c it worked amazingly, and its worked great when it was 80-90F and humid here as well, so to say that as a blanket statement the Focus doesn't have a good a/c system is a bit of a misnomer.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #227
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggc View Post
...Thanks Crystal and thanks to the other ford lady that's been calling me.
You're welcome, biggc! I'm glad to hear that everything worked out. :)

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 04-23-2013, 12:35 AM   #228
VTwin60
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99432
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 VTwin60 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasheat View Post
Well have the car back from the dealer today and all is good, this dealership in Henderson NV has been very good to us and and I would give them a A+ for service and customer service...
We had ours reserviced at Gaudin. It now works better than it once did but as another poster said it, here in the desert, I've come to dread summer time driving this car. With 2 small kids in a 110 degree weather, I feel as if I'm asking for trouble especially if it goes out altogether.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #229
Red 2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85244
What I Drive: 2012 candy red SEL; 2005 Freestyle

FF Reputation: 1 Red 2012 Good Standing Member
how does this sound for an A/C problem:

I am in FL for the winter ... but car up north resting for 6 months. I arrive back and try to start focus. car starts, engine then squeals, smoke puffs out of engine compartment, motor turns itself off. So hey bozo that I am ... I try it two more times, now with hood up to see if I can figure out what's wrong. smoke is coming from belt area.

call warantee towing ... they tow it to nearest dealer to my home which is in another state and 17 miles away.

dealer gets car, tech pops key in and drives it around the lot, no problem. next day they drive it around another 20 miles ... again no problem ... they don't know what could have caused it ... and now they want to charge me $45 bucks for the inconvience of having worked on a car with no problem. duh...

Of course ... here I am with a Focus with 9K miles on it that already has a new headliner, a new clutch, 3 code changes, and the great unkown of engine starts, squeals, smokes and dies.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #230
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Sounds like it wasn't fully locked up, but yeah that can't be good for the belt either.

Bookmarks & Social Networks