2012 a/c problem - Page 17 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #161
Cylander
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97131
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 1 Cylander Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My AC seems to be working great now. In the 100 degree heat it got nice and cool. It seems like it needed time to break in. At first, it was very underwhelming but the more I used it, the better it got.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #162
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Yeah air sucks in this car. yes it is in the 100s here but i ride in other cars and air is cool but in my focus i still sweat with it on max ac
Old 07-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #163
sprcoop
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91034
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Met, 201A, Sport, 5sp

FF Reputation: 1 sprcoop Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
Yeah air sucks in this car. yes it is in the 100s here but i ride in other cars and air is cool but in my focus i still sweat with it on max ac
Yours must be defective. Many days over 110 here and I do not have an issue with my A/C. Could be colder but more than adequate. I do not have it on high all the time. Hopefully yours can be resolved.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #164
Hawktwoe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91129
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sedan 5spd SGM

FF Reputation: 1 Hawktwoe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretherius View Post
Are you 5-speed or auto? If 5-speed make sure they've applied TSB 12-5-5.
What is this TSB 12-5-5?
63 Galaxie 500XL fastback
94 FXSTC
Old 07-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #165
VTwin60
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99432
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 VTwin60 Good Standing Member
Its been several weeks since my last my post on the AC issue and its been well over 100 degrees here in southern Nevada. I just wanted to say, the AC is working perfectly still. Thanks again Ford.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #166
ResJudicata
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94971
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 ResJudicata Good Standing Member
I've noticed that the AC compressor cuts out after extended idling now. Mine did not do this before the recall engine/trans/abs update. My engine also idles lower now than it did before the update. I'm thinking the lower idle ends up being low enough that the compressor cuts out and that's why we are having this problem. The compressor/idle interface needs resolved. That can't happen at the dealer, it'll take Ford to fix that.

Chris
Old 08-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #167
Needanewcar
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102264
What I Drive: 2002 ford escape

FF Reputation: 1 Needanewcar Good Standing Member
2012 focus AC problem

Im trying to buy a 2012 ford focus manual transmission. I found the one I like - a black SE. I was ready to pay cash but decided to try the AC. It blew hot air for 5 minutes. The salesman claimed all the cars on the lot would do the same. I don't want to buy a new car that I know has a problem. Why hasn't ford dealt with this?
I am retiring my 2002 ford escape. It has 518,000 miles. Both of my sons learned to drive a manual and the clutch held up! I love that car and wanted to stay with ford after havin such a great experience with my Escape. Oh well.
I am going to test drive a manual transmission Elantra.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #168
jpolk84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97415
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE w/ Sport Package 5-sp

FF Reputation: 1 jpolk84 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needanewcar View Post
Im trying to buy a 2012 ford focus manual transmission. I found the one I like - a black SE. I was ready to pay cash but decided to try the AC. It blew hot air for 5 minutes. The salesman claimed all the cars on the lot would do the same. I don't want to buy a new car that I know has a problem. Why hasn't ford dealt with this?
I am retiring my 2002 ford escape. It has 518,000 miles. Both of my sons learned to drive a manual and the clutch held up! I love that car and wanted to stay with ford after havin such a great experience with my Escape. Oh well.
I am going to test drive a manual transmission Elantra.
I can tell you as an owner of a Focus manual the A/C isn't as good as I'd hoped. That said, it really seems to be overwhelmed with anything above about 90 degrees. Once you're driving it improves and I wonder if the air flow through the grill is an issue for the condenser. As for blowing "hot air" the air isn't really hot but isn't as cool as it should be either (in times of high heat, I mean). The last few days we've had milder (mid to high 80's) weather here in the South and it's been cooling as good as anything I've owned.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #169
silenthill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85671
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL hatch

FF Reputation: 2 silenthill Good Standing Member
Add me to the list of the random no A/C. Latest one was while I was idling with a light...no cold air coming out the entire time the light was red. It's so intermittent, I hesitate bringing it to the dealer for this.

I do think the a/c always has a slightly musty odor, something you'd expect on a car with 100K that's been around the block.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #170
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthill View Post
Add me to the list of the random no A/C. Latest one was while I was idling with a light...no cold air coming out the entire time the light was red. It's so intermittent, I hesitate bringing it to the dealer for this.

I do think the a/c always has a slightly musty odor, something you'd expect on a car with 100K that's been around the block.
I think your compressor is faulty if it blows warm. The smell could be based on not properly draining the condensation from the evaporator core, though that could be from user error, but this might be less likely than a clogged drain. Idk.

Bookmarks & Social Networks