2012 a/c problem - Page 12 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #111
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTwin60 View Post
Update from my original post. Per the dealership the AC was indeed running out of range and giving a code of 4564.Thanks Gaudin Ford, you guys did a good job.
Quote:
..The AC intermittently working fine and then not working at all is a bit of a concern. Tomorrow morning I have an appointment with my local Ford dealer to get its oil changed and tires rotated. I'll be asking them to take a look at the AC unit and its nice to see that there is indeed a known issue.
VTwin60,

Thanks for the update. I hope you and your family have a great time cruising around in the Focus this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlqx View Post
Just to add my experience... the A/C condenser froze up late last summer. Started to burn up the serpentine belt as well. Ford handled that very quickly under warranty. About two weeks ago, I took it back in because it was blowing hot air for the A/C. It was just a burned out fuse this time. Still, not a very good track record with the A/C. That said, Ford has taken care of me during service visits without fail.
Hey mattlqx,

Ahhhh....sounds as though cool breezes are flowing through your vehicle. Great to know! If you need assistance in the future, don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious View Post
My AC works well when I'm just cruising along, however, if I'm driving like an idiot and flooring it from every light (hey, sometimes I get in that mood) it will blow out hot air for about 5 seconds. Then it will go back to cold air...
Seriously, Tenacious, you had me ROFL! I'm thinking this is not a serious problem. However, if it is, shoot me a PM for assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpolk84 View Post
i'm seeing it just take a long time to get cool and then it's not as cool as I'd expect it to be.
Have you taken the Focus to the dealer, jpolk84? If not, make an appointment, and send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I'll escalate the A/C concern to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
First post thought I would add my issue...bought my car 2 weeks ago 3 days in I took it back to the dealer for A/C not working from day one...invoice says wireing harness was repaired. Works great now. All in all been driving it alot took it on a 2.5 hour road trip SUPER happy about mileage as I owned a mustang before. Very happy with this car.
Happy Focus owners make me happy, Tyson! Have a great summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVTF303 View Post
Living in Phoenix, AC is a must. I took it to a dealer with my concern and was told all is well. It's roughly 105 out now. I drove the highway 20 miles home and was still sweating when I pulled into my garage...
Let's make sure the A/C is in working condition, 04SVTF303. Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal, and dealer contact info so I can begin the escalation process to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard35 View Post
After complaining about the a/c on this car for almost a year, my dealership "finally" listened to me and have replaced the condenser, which was "cracked" and was constantly leaking coolant... Anyway, I get my car back this afternoon and they have also performed the transmission/abs etc. update...I will report back after I've had the car for a bit.
Thanks for your patience while the dealer attempted to repair the A/C. Keep me posted, and shoot me a PM if you need further assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaeHanL View Post
...I contacted my dealership, and gave them the skinny on my car's AC with your Code number. Hope that helps them! they can't get me in for a week, but it's not supposed to be AS hot here in Cincy the next few days... My car only blows cool air regardless of setting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post
...It's not officially summer yet, so I'm still using the AC off and on, but I'm not sure I'm satisfied with how it's performing, so I may need to take my car in for service for this issue...
Hi DaeHanL & JesseE1981,

I can add another layer of assistance by escalating the A/C issue to the Customer Service Manager for your area. Drop me a line via PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal, and dealer contact info so I can begin the escalation process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRyan View Post
...When the Texas summer hits full force the AC will simply not keep up. I hope with the information I see on this thread I can bring the technicians up to speed if it is something they have not encountered yet.
Hello ChrisRyan,

I'm sure the tech will appreciate the info. Let's also escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager for your area. In order to do so, please send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal, and dealer contact info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fine Focus View Post
...I did use the AC on an 80 mile trip last Sunday and the cabin was very comfortable. The real test will be when the really hot and humid weather kicks in soon .
Hey Fine Focus,

If that test proves the A/C is not cooling off the cabin, shoot me a PM and I'll contact the Customer Service Manager. I'll need the following info to begin the process - VIN, current mileage, personal, and dealer contact info.

Take care all!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Last edited by FordService; 06-01-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 08:24 PM   #112
DaeHanL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90891
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 DaeHanL Good Standing Member
Noemi, shouldn't I at least let the dealer take a look before we "escalate" the process?!

---
I am here: Posted Via FF Mobile5r5ox2

2012 FF5DR SE Sport, 5-Spd, and ALL the 'fixins!
-DaeHan
Old 05-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #113
VTwin60
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99432
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 VTwin60 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Living in Phoenix, AC is a must. I took it to a dealer with my concern and was told all is well. It's roughly 105 out now. I drove the highway 20 miles home and was still sweating when I pulled into my garage. I find it hard to believe this is the norm for a brand new car. Two words sum up the way I'm feeling about the car...buyers remorse.
I'm in Nevada, please folks, read what I posted on the previous page and what was found and what was done to remedy the AC. I have no problems with my vehicle now.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #114
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaeHanL View Post
Noemi, shouldn't I at least let the dealer take a look before we "escalate" the process?!...]
Absolutely DaeHanL! The Customer Service Manager works in conjunction with the local Ford dealer to assure the issue is corrected, and you are satisfied with the outcome. The option to escalate the concern is your choice.

Have a great weekend!

Noemi

Old 06-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #115
megancp2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99729
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Grey

FF Reputation: 1 megancp2 Good Standing Member
AC issue

I took my car in this week bc the ac settings are off by one. When the arrow points forward it blows on my face and feeet. When it is on the face and feet setting it blows through the defrost and feet and so on. every setting is wrong. The dealer said thats just how it is and theres nothing they can do. Does anyone else have this issue?
Old 06-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #116
MC1992
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90417
What I Drive: '95 Volvo 850 Turbo/'12 Focus Sport

FF Reputation: 1 MC1992 Good Standing Member
We had a problem with ours, but it turns out it was overcharged and now it works great. Had the DCT reprogrammed and the wiper recall fixed all on the same day as well and it took less than half a day.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #117
jpolk84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97415
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE w/ Sport Package 5-sp

FF Reputation: 1 jpolk84 Good Standing Member
Thanks, FCS, I plan to take it in for the first oil change and will bring it up to them then.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #118
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98899
What I Drive: 2012 POS

FF Reputation: 1 04SVTF303 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Update from my original post. Per the dealership the AC was indeed running out of range and giving a code of 4564. The range hi 205 and low 45 w duct temp of 56. Found that the system was overcharged and reserviced into approved operating spec. hi 180 low 34 duct temp 44.

This may be a factory issue where the over pressurized over serviced reservoire is causing poor initial performance. It would also stand to reason why the more its used, the more it seems to work correctly. Thanks Gaudin Ford, you guys did a good job.
I told the service manager about your issue when I took mine in. Guy said he never even heard of the issue and more than likely didn't bother looking into it. I hate having to deal with dealerships
Old 06-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #119
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by megancp2 View Post
I took my car in this week bc the ac settings are off by one...
Hey megancp2,

Maybe the car is confused, maybe not. Let's have the issue reviewed by the Customer Service Manager for your area. Shoot me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal, and dealer contact info so I can begin the escalation process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1992 View Post
We had a problem with ours, but it turns out it was overcharged and now it works great. Had the DCT reprogrammed and the wiper recall fixed all on the same day as well and it took less than half a day.
Awesome to know, MC1992! I'm sure you'll enjoy the summer even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpolk84 View Post
Thanks, FCS, I plan to take it in for the first oil change and will bring it up to them then.
jpolk84,

Thanks for letting me know. I'm available if you need assistance.

Quote:
I told the service manager about your issue when I took mine in. Guy said he never even heard of the issue and more than likely didn't bother looking into it...
Hey 04SVTF303,

The offer is still available to escalate the AC issue to the Customer Service Manager. I'll need the requested info to begin the process.

Take care!

Noemi

Old 06-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #120
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98899
What I Drive: 2012 POS

FF Reputation: 1 04SVTF303 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey 04SVTF303,

The offer is still available to escalate the AC issue to the Customer Service Manager. I'll need the requested info to begin the process.

Take care!

Noemi
I believe I already have sent you the needed info. I've had someone contact me who was of absolutely no assistance. Being told to take it to the dealer isn't exactly helping.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->