2012 a/c problem - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #91
Cylander
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97131
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 1 Cylander Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This is the first time it's really been warm for an extended time since I got the car and it seems the more I use the AC, the better it gets. It was hot yesterday and today and I didn't need max. I wonder if the system just needs to be broken in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #92
sprcoop
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91034
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Met, 201A, Sport, 5sp

FF Reputation: 1 sprcoop Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylander View Post
This is the first time it's really been warm for an extended time since I got the car and it seems the more I use the AC, the better it gets. It was hot yesterday and today and I didn't need max. I wonder if the system just needs to be broken in?
I thought it was just my imagination but this may be the case for me also. The occasional use of A/C on 80+ degree days earlier this year made my A/C feel a little broken.

Several days in a row reporting 104 to 108 and it cools off in a less than a minute and I run it on 2 or 3.

Mostly because on 2 it will sometimes get the turned off/humid smell symptom. Never on 3 but it gets a little chilly. I figure it's still a little broken because of that but have not bothered to get it checked out. When working properly this is not an inadequate A/C system. If it feels that way your A/C is broken.

Getting your dealer to do something about it is another matter. They replaced my wife's compressor and hers has been perfect ever since.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #93
VTwin60
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99432
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 VTwin60 Good Standing Member
Update from my original post. Per the dealership the AC was indeed running out of range and giving a code of 4564. The range hi 205 and low 45 w duct temp of 56. Found that the system was overcharged and reserviced into approved operating spec. hi 180 low 34 duct temp 44.

This may be a factory issue where the over pressurized over serviced reservoire is causing poor initial performance. It would also stand to reason why the more its used, the more it seems to work correctly. Thanks Gaudin Ford, you guys did a good job.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #94
B1GTED
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96546
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 B1GTED Good Standing Member
I find that if I run my A/C on Max. Then turn off the car, run into the store, come back out, start the car, it shows max a/c on the screen, but it isn't. I have to turn off max a/c, and usually the blows will turn up higher than they were, then I can turn max a/c back on and it seems to work. Very weird. I would think max a/c would tell it to blast away as soon as the car starts, but it doesn't work.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #95
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
I am a technician, and I agree that our AC sucks. In my car, it takes a WHILE for the AC to cool the car down. It's definitely abnormal, compared to other cars. If I start my car and it's over 85 degrees, I have to put it on max and 4 and wait about 10 minutes before I start getting good cold air. Now if I get up to highway speeds then it comes on sooner. That usually points to poor air flow across the condenser at low speeds, which would be the job of the electric fan. I am wondering if the fan in our cars in inadequate for the job.

I work on all brands of cars all day, and some cars will chill me within 30 seconds of starting them up with the AC on.
Maybe you shutter are staying closed
Old 05-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #96
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
My A/C works great
Old 05-27-2012, 12:58 AM   #97
mattlqx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87201
What I Drive: '12 SE 5-dr MT Yellow, '13 Boss 302

FF Reputation: 1 mattlqx Good Standing Member
Just to add my experience... the A/C condenser froze up late last summer. Started to burn up the serpentine belt as well. Ford handled that very quickly under warranty. About two weeks ago, I took it back in because it was blowing hot air for the A/C. It was just a burned out fuse this time. Still, not a very good track record with the A/C. That said, Ford has taken care of me during service visits without fail.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #98
Tenacious
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98774
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 Tenacious Good Standing Member
My AC works well when I'm just cruising along, however, if I'm driving like an idiot and flooring it from every light (hey, sometimes I get in that mood) it will blow out hot air for about 5 seconds. Then it will go back to cold air. It's a very noticeable difference in the temperature of the air. Does anyone else experience this?
Old 05-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #99
Power Surge
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55878
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 Power Surge Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious View Post
My AC works well when I'm just cruising along, however, if I'm driving like an idiot and flooring it from every light (hey, sometimes I get in that mood) it will blow out hot air for about 5 seconds. Then it will go back to cold air. It's a very noticeable difference in the temperature of the air. Does anyone else experience this?
That's normal. The PCM cuts the compressor off at WOT to free up the lost hp from turning the compressor.
2008 Vista Blue SE (gone)
Old 05-28-2012, 02:48 AM   #100
VTwin60
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99432
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 VTwin60 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious View Post
Im not sure if you're being serious or not as that occurs with just about every single car or truck made....

Bookmarks & Social Networks