30,000 & starting to see DCT symptoms - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-17-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

Points 336, Level 6
Points: 336, Level: 6 Points: 336, Level: 6 Points: 336, Level: 6
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
30,000 & starting to see DCT symptoms

I've had no problems with the DCT on my 2012 Titanium Focus. Now approaching 30K miles and am noticing slipping and jumping with the tranny when in heavy, creeping traffic, or if I "get into it" a bit from a stop. It has just started behaving this way in the last 1000 or so miles.

I called my dealer and he said they are swamped with Focus transmission issues, cannot get parts from Ford, and have a wait list into February of next year. I asked him what happens if it fails and he said even thought I'm within the Manufacturer's warranty, they are not providing loaners for transmission problems. (They usually do if your car is in longer than a day for a service issue).

My secretary's husband works in the shop at another local Ford dealer and he says its the same story at his dealership. This is pretty unsettling news considering the car is still under the original warranty. I traded my much loved MINI for the Focus because I didn't want to contend with big expensive out-of warranty repairs down the road. This is not much better.

How can Ford not have enough parts available to fix this issue? Is anyone else encountering this? What do you do if the transmission just goes out? Are you just SOL til parts become available?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
RonW956
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 194177
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback

Points 563, Level 11
Points: 563, Level: 11 Points: 563, Level: 11 Points: 563, Level: 11
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 RonW956 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
I've had no problems with the DCT on my 2012 Titanium Focus. Now approaching 30K miles and am noticing slipping and jumping with the tranny when in heavy, creeping traffic, or if I "get into it" a bit from a stop. It has just started behaving this way in the last 1000 or so miles.

I called my dealer and he said they are swamped with Focus transmission issues, cannot get parts from Ford, and have a wait list into February of next year. I asked him what happens if it fails and he said even thought I'm within the Manufacturer's warranty, they are not providing loaners for transmission problems. (They usually do if your car is in longer than a day for a service issue).

My secretary's husband works in the shop at another local Ford dealer and he says its the same story at his dealership. This is pretty unsettling news considering the car is still under the original warranty. I traded my much loved MINI for the Focus because I didn't want to contend with big expensive out-of warranty repairs down the road. This is not much better.

How can Ford not have enough parts available to fix this issue? Is anyone else encountering this? What do you do if the transmission just goes out? Are you just SOL til parts become available?

I dont think it's anything that would leave you stranded but the least you can do is go to your Ford Dealer and request them to check if you have the latest software installed. It doesnt take long and its something that they can do while you're in the waiting room, or looking around checking out new Ford Escapes...
Old 11-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
sailor
Crankshaft

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 11,976, Level 71
Points: 11,976, Level: 71 Points: 11,976, Level: 71 Points: 11,976, Level: 71
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 79 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Made this post a fresh thread...

S.R. #275
Old 11-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,295, Level 35
Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:

Hi there,

I'll be happy to look into some additional assistance on this. Please send me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 11-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #5
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Points 336, Level 6
Level Up 72% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Hey Ron,
I believe I already have the update if its the same one that's been out for a while.

Meagan:
Thanks for the input, but I've got an appointment for an oil change Friday. The tech said he would have them check out the transmission and make sure I have the update. So, I'll wait to see what happens on Friday. The lack of parts situation is still pretty disturbing for a corporation as big as Ford. Woulda never thunk it. I'll post an update after the service.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 11-18-2014, 12:29 PM   #6
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,295, Level 35
Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
...Meagan:
Thanks for the input, but I've got an appointment for an oil change Friday. The tech said he would have them check out the transmission and make sure I have the update. So, I'll wait to see what happens on Friday. The lack of parts situation is still pretty disturbing for a corporation as big as Ford. Woulda never thunk it. I'll post an update after the service.

Thanks,
Rich
Sounds good, I'll be here if you need me. :)

Meagan

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 11-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #7
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Points 336, Level 6
Level Up 72% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Ok, so I went in for my oil change yesterday. After looking at the car, the tech said my car needed the new update and it did not appear to be a mechanical issue. They did the reprogramming and testing per TSB 14-0197. Seems ok but I haven't driven it a lot yet. Hopefully, he is right and I don't have the bigger issue.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:14 PM   #8
Slicknick
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 200873
What I Drive: 2012 SEL

Points 97, Level 1
Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 1 Slicknick Good Standing Member
Is the car driving better?
Old 11-24-2014, 11:50 PM   #9
RonW956
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 194177
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback

Points 563, Level 11
Points: 563, Level: 11 Points: 563, Level: 11 Points: 563, Level: 11
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 RonW956 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicknick View Post

sure hope so cause both me & the wife own 2014 Focus and this is becoming a concern now..... hers already needs a new clutch after 7k miles & now Im worried about mine....
Old 11-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #10
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Points 336, Level 6
Level Up 72% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicknick View Post
So far, so good. I'm not feeling the jerking or surging feelings I had recently developed, so hopefully the software update took care of the problem. Fingers crossed.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.