Exhaust Tip - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #81
TonyAKAMrClean
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96571
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 TonyAKAMrClean Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Went to walmart myself and found one. Looks really good for being a cheap tip which would normally look cheesy on other cars. I hate to kick the dead horse, but I've been a little hesitant at putting it on for good though. The tailpipe bends down, so you've got two options, let it angle down, or push it all the way on in which case the tail pipe angles down a little bit towards the bottom of the tip... Is that safe? Anybody who works with exhausts on a regular basis care to chime in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #82
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Mine will have to blow some exhaust toward the lower rolled portion of the tip. I got mine far enough on, it doesn't look like an issue.

Also, cheapest sills I could find were 65 bucks (incl. shipping) from Perry Ford.

Way out of my bang for buck requirement for vanity parts...

...'xcuse me while I go polish my tip!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #83
thelongone13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95644
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 thelongone13 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
Mine will have to blow some exhaust toward the lower rolled portion of the tip. I got mine far enough on, it doesn't look like an issue.

Also, cheapest sills I could find were 65 bucks (incl. shipping) from Perry Ford.

Way out of my bang for buck requirement for vanity parts...

...'xcuse me while I go polish my tip!
These grills, called GPOs, cost me around $150. The stripes, if I had paid for them (car was used as a template and model for the graphics company), would have been about $500 installed. The corner lights were about $60. A few other visual mods were free. To me, $65 isn't much in vanity parts....

Here's a link to the page where my former car is still used as the model:

http://www.autotrimdesign.net/item.asp?PID=249

I do plan on snagging an exhaust tip. I really hate the stock one. I'll be going to the Mart of Wals tomorrow to see what I can snag.

A Ford Focus driver with ADD
Old 03-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #84
mcg80
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95265
What I Drive: 2012 Streling Grey Focus SE SPORT

FF Reputation: 1 mcg80 Good Standing Member
So I went ahead and got the Pep-Boys tip welded on. Sits pretty much like in the pics I posted earlier. I also got the OEM exhaust pipe trimmed down to the downward bend so that it doesn't rattle inside the new tip. No noticeable notice in exhaust note, and I still have enough of the original pipe to be useable if I decide to remove the Pep-Boys one.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #85
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Cut an 1.5" off the OEM pipe so that I could mount the tip nearly horizontal to the ground. much better than that droopy factory dong.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #86
TonyAKAMrClean
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96571
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 TonyAKAMrClean Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
Cut an 1.5" off the OEM pipe so that I could mount the tip nearly horizontal to the ground. much better than that droopy factory dong.
I was going to do that, but... is that touching the plastic part of the bumper? If it is it will melt it. I can't really tell I'm on my phone. I just went ahead and put it on as far as I could. I was wrried about the angle of the pipe but 2 mechanics I know thought it was okay.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #87
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAKAMrClean View Post
I was going to do that, but... is that touching the plastic part of the bumper? If it is it will melt it. I can't really tell I'm on my phone. I just went ahead and put it on as far as I could. I was wrried about the angle of the pipe but 2 mechanics I know thought it was okay.
It is just barely touching the lip under the main part of the bumper. And, I suspect your concern is valid. I should probably move the back farther in. Or, I may just cut a little notch out of the very underside of the plastic bumper skirt (the part that is not even really visible. I'm a little hesitant to start cutting the plastic bumper. I have a dremel and a bigger zip tool that should allow a pretty smooth cut but I don't want any visible hack job on the plastic. I have seen that and it looks bad.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:01 PM   #88
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
It is just barely touching the lip under the main part of the bumper. And, I suspect your concern is valid. I should probably move the back farther in. Or, I may just cut a little notch out of the very underside of the plastic bumper skirt (the part that is not even really visible. I'm a little hesitant to start cutting the plastic bumper. I have a dremel and a bigger zip tool that should allow a pretty smooth cut but I don't want any visible hack job on the plastic. I have seen that and it looks bad.
i welded on a double walled dual tip and cut out the black valance a bit to accomodate it... the exhaust is very close but not touching and i've not had any problems so far.... i wouldn't worry..
Old 04-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #89
RKZX2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94762
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 RKZX2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i did this last year. going to car shows with a stock tip isn't going to cut it.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #90
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
RKZX2, that looks exactly the position as mine. What a neat, cheap mod., no?

No chance of it falling-off, either.

Those worried, could get it welded-on, and you wouldn't see any clamps below the bumper.

I'm betting from the chalky outline below the tip, you keep the car parked in that spot?

Bookmarks & Social Networks