Odd knock sound. - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #21
save_HUTCH
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74537
What I Drive: 2008 Red Coupe, 1994 Dodge Shadow

FF Reputation: 3 save_HUTCH Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Im lucky that I have yet to get this problem on my 08 with 40K miles. Only problem I am having right now is a failing rear engine mount. But with all the drag passes I used to do I dont see how it would have lasted.
Duratec Crew #59
2008 Red Coupe S Mods: Steeda SRI, Massive Strut bar
FSWerks:SCT Tune, 91 OCT, 2.5 inch Race Exhaust, Duratec Engine Cover, Came Wrinkle Black but painted Vermillion Red
2003 VW Golf GTI 20th AE Too many mods!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #22
DJFreshlySnipes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99868
What I Drive: 09' Focus Coupe (Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 DJFreshlySnipes Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just dropped my car off for this exact issue. Dealership is charging me $550 to replace it. I just bought the car 5 months ago certified pre owned from a different dealership and they wont help me out. FML I traded in my E500 Mercedes for the focus so I wouldnt have to keep paying thousands of dollars a year to keep the damn thing running...
Old 12-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #23
2008 Ford Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91826
What I Drive: 2008 Focus SES 5 speed

FF Reputation: 0 2008 Ford Focus Newbie
Warranty run out on a certified vehicle in 5 months? I thought it was 1 year, 12000 miles. Why did you take it to a different dealer? Why did you expect a deal from a different dealer? You set yourself up for failure by doing so.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #24
DJFreshlySnipes
Focus Enthusiast

Apparently the Certified pre owned coverage plan does not cover this specific part. Also my steering wheel fluid was brown which needs to be replaced for $110. I bought it at a dealership in moscow Idaho where I was going to college and moved back home to Seattle. Thats bullshit that the dealership I bought it from matters. Am I not allowed to move because of my ford warranty. thats BS. Ford is Ford Motor Company, not an individual dealership. The company should respect its brand and honor their cars as a whole company, not just a dealership in bum Idaho. Im not driving 5 hours to get something fixed that should have been replaced when I got the car in may.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #25
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
I took mine to the dealer for this a while back and they said that said noise was from the dash when it clearly was from the front end of my car.... Mine is still well under warranty but due to being lowered they said that they couldn't tear into it to see if there was a further issue. The dealer here in my college town is the one that told me that, but im going home for the holidays and im going to take it to the dealership that I bought it from while im up there just to see what they can do
Galatians 6:14
Old 12-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #26
2008 Ford Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91826
What I Drive: 2008 Focus SES 5 speed

FF Reputation: 0 2008 Ford Focus Newbie
Hey DJ,

I do not know if FMC covers certified vehicles or it is the dealer. I agree with you that you should not have to pay. I would suggest to contact the dealer in Moscow and work with the CS person. You could PDF them the bill and discuss that a part failed and due to your new location, you took it to a closer Ford dealer. I think you should be reimbursed. Also, you may want to contact Ford CS itself to discuss what happened. Opening a friendly dialogue without getting upset will go a long way to resolve the situation in your favor. It is clearly not correct for you to pay when you have a certified vehicle and that you should be compensated for it. Does this make sense?
Old 12-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #27
Gabe2010SE
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 70327
What I Drive: '13 Mustang 5.0L 6spd, '10 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Gabe2010SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFreshlySnipes View Post
Apparently the Certified pre owned coverage plan does not cover this specific part. Also my steering wheel fluid was brown which needs to be replaced for $110. I bought it at a dealership in moscow Idaho where I was going to college and moved back home to Seattle. Thats bullshit that the dealership I bought it from matters. Am I not allowed to move because of my ford warranty. thats BS. Ford is Ford Motor Company, not an individual dealership. The company should respect its brand and honor their cars as a whole company, not just a dealership in bum Idaho. Im not driving 5 hours to get something fixed that should have been replaced when I got the car in may.
Buying a "Certified Pre-owned" car gets you a warranty, yes, but it's not much more than a powertrain warranty ... the dealership runs the VIN # on Ford's website and then they punch it the part # and the site tells them if it's covered or not.

I was a Service Advisor for over 9 years ... I've done the above procedure thousands of times ...

And the warranty is good at any dealer, if it's a Ford warranty, but like I said, the Certified warranty is very limited in what it covers ...
Old 12-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #28
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
I have a metal on metal popping sound coming from my front drivers side wheel when I am driving forward and turn right followed by a quick straightening of the steering wheel. It also makes the same noice every once in a while when I am going over bumps.

I get a similar sound when backing out of my driveway from my front passenger side if the wheel is turned when I hit the dip between the road and the driveway.

I read a bunch of posts and thought it was the endlinks so I replaced them with some MOOG's but the noise persists.

So Here is what I am thinking:

1. It is not the endlinks
2. Strut Tower bolts are tight

** Must be the control arms (bad bushings) but I have no clue how to tell if they are bad

Any other thoughts?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #29
DJFreshlySnipes
Focus Enthusiast

Sounds like a broken strut. Same thing happened to me and I took it in to ford and they replaced it. All fixed
Old 03-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #30
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFreshlySnipes View Post
Sounds like a broken strut. Same thing happened to me and I took it in to ford and they replaced it. All fixed
Suspension issue you say hmm? Better just get FRPP to replace them, problem solved.

Bookmarks & Social Networks