Whats your favourite road to drive on?? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-03-2003, 11:46 AM   #11
Infra3sv
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 745
What I Drive: '03 hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Infra3sv Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've driven in upstate NY. Its a madhouse compared to the south. Its fun up there except for the random bikers, runners, & deer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2003, 01:23 PM   #12
eggyolk
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1298
What I Drive: 03' ZX3 2.3

FF Reputation: 1 eggyolk Good Standing Member
California Highway 1

At sunset

When the lemmings... er... people all pull over to watch the sun go down as if they have never seen it before.
Draxas race header
Old 11-03-2003, 02:45 PM   #13
Infra3sv
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 745
What I Drive: '03 hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Infra3sv Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Maximus646
Infra3sv will know what i am talking about. there is this turn off National onto Trafficway that you can take at like 40-45 (this is a 90 degree turn with a little turning lane). You can really feel the car grip. Even more fun in the rain :)
Old 11-03-2003, 04:25 PM   #14
slvrfocus03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 391
What I Drive: Silver 2003 Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 slvrfocus03 Good Standing Member
I agree w/ infra. Arkansas roads by far are the best to drive on. Have a friend that lives back that way and always have a blast when I go to visit cause the roads are so freakin curvy. Speed limit is always between 40-55, but you know me, i'm doing my best to keep it on 70 around them and it does a pretty good job of it. Needless to say that's where I put the handling part of the car to the test and it definitely passed it in my eyes. I do have to add, I love interstate driving as well, nothing better than a nice steady crusin speed as well. Variety is always good
Current Mods: Tint/Darker Tint on rear windows and tint stripe on windshiled, Focus Fanatics.com decals on both rear windows, changed out base wiper switch w/ 6-speed intermitent wiper switch, Blue M&M (named B.J.) mounted in back seat all buckled in, 10"Pioneer sub w/ 240w Pioneer amp, xm satellite, clear corner lens, Focus third brake light sticker, Replaced stock antenna w/ a 6" aluminum antenna
Old 11-03-2003, 05:43 PM   #15
scironzts
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 893
What I Drive: '04 ZTW

FF Reputation: 1 scironzts Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
anywhere in Ellicott City, MD. twisties like CRAZY. no guardrails... tree lined roads... 2 lanes... up down all around, for miles and miles and miles. it's heaven.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:45 PM   #16
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 180
What I Drive: 04 Pontiac GTO - Yellow M6

FF Reputation: 2 whiteboyslo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
HWY 67 up to Julian when it's not on fire. it's a fun ride if no one is in front of you (which is rare).

in general, the more twists the better. striaght lines bore me as long as i still have my governor.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:46 PM   #17
avengerc4
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
hmmm well around here I have no idea what the street name is called cause it is like 40 min away from my hosue....well me and my friend were driving in his old town cause I brought his friend back home...well we were driving back from her house and he said watch out cause theres a 90 degree turn up ahaid thats banked at about 30 degrees....I was like well whats behind it? he said nothin everyone always flies off.. :) heres my challenge :) so I nail the turn at 35 and it is still stickin so I gas on it and spin the tires a little too much...nail 45 and fly the car off the side of the road....fun as hell :) I wish I didn't have my stock tires or it woulda stuck!!! it was funny though cause I had grass stuck inside the wheelwell...like u couldn't get it out...it was cool :) I also like the expressways around here when I go to orland mall...I raced a prelude on that and got the car to the redline at 110 :) fun stuff...I also did a 360 in my old van on a straight 2 lane road, and there are smoe nice curvy roads out in crown point/schererville, but their crappily paved...well thats my speal :)
Old 11-04-2003, 01:02 PM   #18
gthang
NY's Most Wanted

Fan#: 102
What I Drive: DUH!

FF Reputation: 5 gthang Good Standing Member
i live in Dutchess County NY, and a lot of the roads here are too crowded to drive fast on. The [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]s from NYC have been moving to live up here and now we have been getting traffic jams since the movement started. Go back home you B[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]s! it used to take like 15 minutes from my house to Carmel high school, now it takes 30minutes.

But anyway, Dutchess county has awesome roads. one in Putnam county off of route 9 by the hudson river called lake surprise is exactly that. every twist and turn catches you by surprise.

PS i attached an image, but if you can't see it, don't worry, nothing important, just a map of a dutchess county curve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mapimage.gif
Views:	136
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	624  

Old 11-04-2003, 01:10 PM   #19
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
No this is my favorite road to drive on. It's just outside of town and it goes right over the mountain into Virginia:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mapimage[5].gif
Views:	134
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	626  

Old 11-04-2003, 01:22 PM   #20
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Ash....you just like it because it has lick in the name..lol...Ellicot city huh, that would be up there on my lists, though it is starting to get crowded out there too many people, As a motorcycle rider who does alot of driving, I love it when I'm on a new road I've never been on before...hard to do within 100 miles now, but still fun to drive... By the way, try going down to river road from the greek restaurant on frederick road, at the bottom, turn right onto river and go for it, very technical route in E.C., glad to see someone else still drives out there..also newcut rd. rocks, but only from the bottom up, see if you can get 100 mph. on the straight near the top, its tough though

Bookmarks & Social Networks