Even this fOCUS!!!! Jeezzzz!!!! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 09:14 AM   #1
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Fan#: 1083
What I Drive: '13 Mazdaspeed 3; '87 'Stang

Points 26,169, Level 96
Points: 26,169, Level: 96 Points: 26,169, Level: 96 Points: 26,169, Level: 96
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 9 TORQUERULES Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Even this fOCUS!!!! Jeezzzz!!!!

From Ford's offical website...

PARIS, Sept. 23, 2004 -- Ford of Europe has introduced the all-new Ford Focus to the world’s media and the French public at the 2004 Mondial de l’Automobile in Paris.

Ford's theme for the show, appropriately, is La Collection Focus.

La Collection Focus debuts the all-new Focus as an entire family of vehicles. New three-door, five-door and wagon versions of the dynamic and stylish new Focus family debuted. A stylish new four-door Focus was also previewed prior to its launch in early 2005.

“La Collection Focus underscores the importance to Ford of the all-new Focus and its significance as a leader in the European market’s C segment,” said Lewis Booth, Chairman and CEO of Ford of Europe. “Paris is the first opportunity for the public to take an up-close first look at the unique blend of style, craftsmanship and affordable relevant technologies this exciting new range delivers.”

From the outside, sleek and sculpted lines flow across the new Focus range guaranteeing that, regardless of body-style, all models share a common design DNA.

“Our target was to build a coherent and distinctive family of derivatives that would be successful designs in their own right,” said Chris Bird, Director of Design, Ford of Europe.

The European Ford Focus has a slightly more muscular stance than its predecessor and a warm and airy interior.
Slightly larger than its predecessor, the new Focus has a more muscular stance highlighted by flared wheel arches that are more prominent and yet more integrated into the overall design. Sitting lower than on any other Ford vehicle, the Ford "family nose" is steeply raked. From it the key lines of the body structures sweep up towards the rear creating a hunched and athletic profile.

Driving quality has been a Focus trademark from the beginning. The new Focus extends that strength to encompass the entire driving experience.

The new chassis has been engineered to provide high levels of vibration isolation and stable, confidence-enhancing body control, making it reassuringly comfortable even on coarse roads. The body structure also plays a major role in the car’s driving quality. It has been engineered with a 10 percent increase in torsional stiffness over its class-leading predecessor.

The interior of the new Focus has a "cockpit" driving position and a "flow-through" instrument panel and console constructed of high quality materials. Rich, bright blue is a new interior feature on Sport and Titanium models. Combined with a medium light stone color in the lower half of the interior, the blue tone gives the Focus interior a warm and airy feel. Black remains an option on all models.

“In the past, premium quality finish has gone hand-in-hand with exclusive cost, but with the new Focus we are providing that same quality at an affordable cost and making the feeling of exclusivity more accessible,” said Mick McDonagh, Manager, Interior System Engineering.

A longer wheelbase and track over the previous Focus give the new car a sure-footed stance and an improved interior package. Knee room and shoulder room are more generous, and, despite the fast shape of the new roofline and rear decklid, rear-seat headroom remains generous and luggage capacity has been expanded by 10 percent.

The new Focus pioneers Ford’s new 113 horsepower, 1.6-liter Duratec Ti-VCT engine, with twin independent variable camshaft technology, as part of a comprehensive powertrain line-up. In addition to the Duratec Ti-VCT, customers can also select from two 16-valve four-cylinder engines: a 79 horsepower, 1.4-liter engine, a 97 and a 143 horsepower, 2.0-liter.

The European Focus also offers a line of advanced Duratorq TDCi high-pressure common-rail diesel engines. The range features 107 horsepower 1.6-liter and 134 horsepower 2.0-liter Duratorq TDCi choices, which made their debut in the Focus C-MAX.

The Ford Focus four-door model will start production in 2005.
Completing the range of body styles in the new Focus family, and previewed at the Paris Motor Show, is the Focus 4-door. This model will go into production early in 2005. The new Focus 4-door will play a key role in Ford's growing commitment to what is fast becoming the world's most dynamic market place, China and the Asia Pacific region.

After six years and 4 million sales worldwide, the original Focus is still one of Europe’s top-selling cars and a benchmark for quality of driving and ownership experience in its class. The next generation model aims to deliver more. It will mature in terms of involving and engaging its driver, while providing improvements for all occupants in terms of quality, craftsmanship, packaging and refinement.

Love the four-door...

Attached Images

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2004, 09:15 AM   #2
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Points 26,169, Level 96
Level Up 82% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Interior:
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2004, 09:16 AM   #3
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Points 26,169, Level 96
Level Up 82% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Don't really like the 5 door:

Kinda weird...
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2004, 09:18 AM   #4
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Points 26,169, Level 96
Level Up 82% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Needs more power though. Diesel would be nice...
Old 09-30-2004, 09:26 AM   #5
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Points 26,169, Level 96
Level Up 82% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
^^^^ I KNOW!!!!
Old 09-30-2004, 09:27 AM   #6
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Notice the new European model kept the oval shape for the A/C vents?

I don't like the new U.S. Focus but I like the new euro Focus, it's a better implementation of the new styling theme they're going with than the 05 U.S. model.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:15 AM   #7
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing Member Egz Excellent Standing Member
Wow, its like I went back in time 2 weeks.

duratec.wikispaces.com - Duratec Wiki - Sign up and contribute!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:19 AM   #8
2fast4u
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2375
What I Drive: ZX-3 gone, now 05 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 2fast4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
it looks hot,,,euros get all the good stuff,,,we wont be getting the all new platform till 2006 or 07
Old 09-30-2004, 10:23 AM   #9
NR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8782
What I Drive: 2002 twilight blue zx3 5 spd

FF Reputation: 1 NR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
pimperage
custom magnaflow cat-back(3 inch pipe), steeda lowering springs, mac shorty intake, focus firepower ignition and livewires, autolite platinum sparkplugs, reverse indiglo gauges, painted stock rims wrapped on sumitomos HTRZII, shorty antenna, mintex pads, aeroquip brake hoses, ebc rotors, no resonator, debadged, limo tinted, halo headlights, steeda short shifter, 4-2-1 race header, W-TYP sideskirts, S2 side mouldings, mazda tribute door handles
Old 09-30-2004, 10:42 AM   #10
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Points 26,169, Level 96
Level Up 82% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Quote:
Originally posted by thefrush

Don't get your panties in a twist guys, its all going to be okay...
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.