Ongoing Front End Rattle - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #31
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood125 View Post
Well you can add mine to the list of ones that had the TSB done for the spring and mount replacement only to have the noise back a week later. Lucky to work at a dealer so I'm not as inconveinced as most
Can I get more info on this TSB for the clucking noise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #32
Stevr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96063
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Stevr Good Standing Member
I had the struts and bearings replaced on both the left and right side at about 600 miles on the odo. The noises went away for a brief time and now at 2000 miles it is as bad as it was before they replaced parts. We have alot of bad roads here in Michigan with broken pavement and I cringe as my front suspension rattles and sounds like it was all tightened by hand.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #33
jtrain
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97289
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus

FF Reputation: 1 jtrain Good Standing Member
I get a different kind of rattle... For me it's not the moonroof and it doesn't clunk like the others. It's more of a loud vibrating sound that's only there when I start the car up and when the car is stopped at a light shortly after I get going. After 5 min of driving, the sound is gone. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #34
elwood125
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17784
What I Drive: Mk 3 Blue Candy SE Sport 5spd Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 elwood125 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Can I get more info on this TSB for the clucking noise?
Sure thing

ISSUE:
Some 2012 Focus vehicles built on or before 9/9/2011 may exhibit a crunching or creaking noise from the front suspension area on low speed turns.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Attach Rotunda Wireless Chassis Ears (JSP97202) or equivalent to each front spring near the top of the spring.
Road test vehicle making right and left turns at low speed in a smooth parking lot and attempt to duplicate concern.
If the noise can not be duplicated, do not continue with this article. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 100-04 for normal diagnostics.
If the noise is duplicated, proceed to Step 3.
Replace the front spring and strut bearing on the side generating the noise. Refer to WSM, Section 204-01. Refer to the part number chart below and match the spring tag color and part number to the tag color and part number listed in this article. If the tag is no longer on the spring use the VIN search in Ford Catalog Advantage to identify the correct spring application.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
CV6Z-5310-C Spring (Green Tag)
CV6Z-5310-A Spring (Yellow Tag)
CV6Z-5310-B Spring (Red Tag)
CV6Z-18198-A Strut Bearing
W715490-S442 Knuckle Bolt
W7002125-442 Strut Top Nut
Old 05-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #35
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Sure thing

ISSUE:
Some 2012 Focus vehicles built on or before 9/9/2011 may exhibit a crunching or creaking noise from the front suspension area on low speed turns.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Attach Rotunda Wireless Chassis Ears (JSP97202) or equivalent to each front spring near the top of the spring.
Road test vehicle making right and left turns at low speed in a smooth parking lot and attempt to duplicate concern.
If the noise can not be duplicated, do not continue with this article. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 100-04 for normal diagnostics.
If the noise is duplicated, proceed to Step 3.
Replace the front spring and strut bearing on the side generating the noise. Refer to WSM, Section 204-01. Refer to the part number chart below and match the spring tag color and part number to the tag color and part number listed in this article. If the tag is no longer on the spring use the VIN search in Ford Catalog Advantage to identify the correct spring application.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
CV6Z-5310-C Spring (Green Tag)
CV6Z-5310-A Spring (Yellow Tag)
CV6Z-5310-B Spring (Red Tag)
CV6Z-18198-A Strut Bearing
W715490-S442 Knuckle Bolt
W7002125-442 Strut Top Nut
Thank you. Funny how the dealer told me "I would not pursue this issue". Basically telling me I should just drop this issues and worry about the other ones. I plan to worry about ALL of the issues.

Thanks again for the information.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #36
elwood125
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17784
What I Drive: Mk 3 Blue Candy SE Sport 5spd Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 elwood125 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
anytime, stay with it. If you need any further help theres a Ford rep on here named Naomi, I would just PM her
Old 05-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #37
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Well you can add mine to the list of ones that had the TSB done for the spring and mount replacement only to have the noise back a week later. Lucky to work at a dealer so I'm not as inconveinced as most
Hey elwood125,

My first suggestion is typically, “Please make an appointment with your local Ford dealer…”, but you read my mind. So onto the next step! I can escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager for your area. In order to do so, send me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
Hmmmm.... I'm currently waiting for my springs to come in off of backorder.
Hi DougC,

Let’s have the Customer Service Manager for your area inquire about this order. Shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
If there's a design flaw in the springs. Why would Ford expect to resolve customer complaints by replacing a flawed spring with another flawed spring?...
My front end rattle only happens if there's another person sitting in the front passenger seat...I'm tempted to wait it out in hopes that one day someone will track down the cause for this noise and provide a real fix.
Hello Dysan911,

Not all symptoms have the same underlying cause. This is why a visit to the local Ford dealer is suggested; to begin the diagnosing process. At the same time, I can contact the Customer Service Manager for your area to add another layer of assistance. If you provide me the information requested on several occasions I can begin the escalation process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevr View Post
I had the struts and bearings replaced on both the left and right side at about 600 miles on the odo. The noises went away for a brief time and now at 2000 miles it is as bad as it was before they replaced parts...
@ Stevr,

to the forum!

Let’s have the Customer Service Manager for your area address this concern. Please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN to begin the escalation process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrain View Post
I get a different kind of rattle... It's more of a loud vibrating sound that's only there when I start the car up and when the car is stopped at a light shortly after I get going...?
Afternoon jtrain,

The local Ford dealer will be able to diagnose and repair the issue. Give them a visit when you have a chance and contact the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center at 1.800.565.3673 for assistance.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 05-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #38
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hello Dysan911,

Not all symptoms have the same underlying cause. This is why a visit to the local Ford dealer is suggested; to begin the diagnosing process. At the same time, I can contact the Customer Service Manager for your area to add another layer of assistance. If you provide me the information requested on several occasions I can begin the escalation process.

Noemi
Noemi,

I have scheduled an appointment for this issue today. I'll update later with results of that visit.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #39
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey elwood125,

My first suggestion is typically, “Please make an appointment with your local Ford dealer…”, but you read my mind. So onto the next step! I can escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager for your area. In order to do so, send me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Hi DougC,

Let’s have the Customer Service Manager for your area inquire about this order. Shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Hello Dysan911,

@ Stevr,

to the forum!

Let’s have the Customer Service Manager for your area address this concern. Please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN to begin the escalation process.

Afternoon jtrain,

The local Ford dealer will be able to diagnose and repair the issue. Give them a visit when you have a chance and contact the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center at 1.800.565.3673 for assistance.

Take care!

Noemi
Hey Noemi! Got word on Wednesday that the springs came in and are installed. Just waiting on an airbag module now. Ford is telling my dealer it should be in on the 15th. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #40
Mamameah4
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98840
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Mamameah4 Good Standing Member
LOOOVE my Focus but.....

I too have the rattling noise at lower speeds. They hear it but dont know what it is. They said they looked into it while it was in service for a failed wiper switch. Discovered that the other day when it was pouring down rain
I was giddy when i got it back though, i didnt think being away from it for a day and half would cause Focus withdrawls but it did!! Hope someone discovers the solution.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->