Ongoing Front End Rattle - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #21
jjeremyy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87605
What I Drive: 2014 ST

FF Reputation: 1 jjeremyy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Mine is at the dealership right now for this exact same issue and to have the headliner replaced for the second time. The first time I took it in they said they couldn't reproduce the clunk. I took a tech for a drive before I dropped it off and he said that he heard it so they are looking into it. I can easily reproduce it by pushing the brake at low speed or just coasting below 15 mph.

I'm not all that happy with the dealership the car is at, but they had to work on it because they did such a shitty job when they replaced the headliner, Ford required them to replace it again. Hopefully I'll hear something today about the clunk and will repost when I do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #22
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeremyy View Post
Mine is at the dealership right now for this exact same issue and to have the headliner replaced for the second time. The first time I took it in they said they couldn't reproduce the clunk. I took a tech for a drive before I dropped it off and he said that he heard it so they are looking into it. I can easily reproduce it by pushing the brake at low speed or just coasting below 15 mph.

I'm not all that happy with the dealership the car is at, but they had to work on it because they did such a shitty job when they replaced the headliner, Ford required them to replace it again. Hopefully I'll hear something today about the clunk and will repost when I do.
Quick headliner side chat.... my dealership has replaced my headliner 3 times, with a refinish by a local upholstery shop mixed in for good measure. They've also installed two complete sets of trim panels due to them being damaged when the headliner was replaced. Talk about a joke!
Old 04-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #23
jjeremyy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87605
What I Drive: 2014 ST

FF Reputation: 1 jjeremyy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
Quick headliner side chat.... my dealership has replaced my headliner 3 times, with a refinish by a local upholstery shop mixed in for good measure. They've also installed two complete sets of trim panels due to them being damaged when the headliner was replaced. Talk about a joke!
I'm guessing you have a moon roof and the glue came off the headliner causing it to rattle and fall down a bit? And yeah, they thought it was acceptable to give me the car back looking like this.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #24
DougC
Focus Addict

Quote:
I'm guessing you have a moon roof and the glue came off the headliner causing it to rattle and fall down a bit? And yeah, they thought it was acceptable to give me the car back looking like this.

Originally, mine was due to glue stain issue. That's some fine work they did there!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #25
COLDaudio
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95681
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 COLDaudio Good Standing Member
Problem solved ish

Picked up car last saturday from dealer for front end rattle. They said they found a bad bushing on the strut. The noise is gone but they gave the car back to me after a week and I drove for about 6 blocks and the brake shields started scraping on the disc. Grrrrrr.. Turned around and they bent it back all is fine. My question is, they claimed to have replaced the strut on that side a week before and they said it was fixed. It made the same exact noise as before and if they had it all apart why didn't they notice the bad bushing at that time? Used to like the dealership but I think they thought they could bs me. Still love my car but a little of the new car magic is gone after 5 trips to the service dept. and now another for a lose wiper motor.....hope this is the very last time. Getting frustrated.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #26
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLDaudio View Post
Picked up car last saturday from dealer for front end rattle. They said they found a bad bushing on the strut... Still love my car but a little of the new car magic is gone after 5 trips to the service dept. and now another for a lose wiper motor.....hope this is the very last time. Getting frustrated.
Hello COLDaudio,

Let’s work on maintaining that new car magic. Allow me to arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager for your area to address this concern. Shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 05-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #27
elwood125
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17784
What I Drive: Mk 3 Blue Candy SE Sport 5spd Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 elwood125 Good Standing Member
Well you can add mine to the list of ones that had the TSB done for the spring and mount replacement only to have the noise back a week later. Lucky to work at a dealer so I'm not as inconveinced as most
Old 05-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #28
DougC
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood125 View Post
Well you can add mine to the list of ones that had the TSB done for the spring and mount replacement only to have the noise back a week later. Lucky to work at a dealer so I'm not as inconveinced as most
Hmmmm.... I'm currently waiting for my springs to come in off of backorder.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #29
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
If there's a design flaw in the springs. Why would Ford expect to resolve customer complaints by replacing a flawed spring with another flawed spring?

Its no wonder people complain that the noise is still present.

The OP of this thread said his was resolved with the motor mounts being replaced. How do you diagnose a bad motor mount?

My front end rattle only happens if there's another person sitting in the front passenger seat.

I am hesitant to take it in to the dealer only to be without my car for a few days and having to drive a sucky rental while my service center throws parts on my car that will have about the same effect that others have reported of their own service center experience. NONE!. I'm tempted to wait it out in hopes that one day someone will track down the cause for this noise and provide a real fix.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #30
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:

OMG! Dude I'd be pissed! I hope they get it fixed.

Bookmarks & Social Networks