2012 Ford Focus Steering Problem - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #61
drvudoo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89975
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 drvudoo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just came back from my servicer. The info I received was if the car was made before 8/1. My car was made 8/26. Was this issue resolved at the factory after 8/1? The service manager said he would call the tech line and see what can be done.

Ken, the service manager at Fuller Ford in Chula Vista, CA. Drove the car with me in it. He recognize what I was experiencing. The initial diagnoses was NPF and I was quoted by the service advisor there were no service bulletins for this issue.

Thanks davedcc2012 for the info on the TSB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #62
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,106, Level 34
Points: 3,106, Level: 34 Points: 3,106, Level: 34 Points: 3,106, Level: 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvudoo View Post
The service manager said he would call the tech line and see what can be done.
Hi drvudoo,

I'm glad the service manager is working to resolve your issue. If they are unsuccessful, please let me know so I can help get it back on the road for you.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 10-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #63
Erikkehn
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90528
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Focus Ecoboost Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Erikkehn Good Standing Member
Ford Focus 2011 steering problem

My 2011 Focus Tatanium had the steering problem described in several posts: a tight steering spot in central position occuring at highway speed (>120 km/h) after 10-15 minutes driving, resulting in uncomfortable zigzag driving. Once passing a bridge pylon in a heavy side wind it almost resulted in an over-correction disaster. The Ford dealership here in Denmark test drove the car and immediately acknowledged the problem. They tried unsuccesfully to update the power stering software after which they replaced the entire steering rack. All with no discussions at all. The part which included the whole power steering assembly arrived in less than a week and the replacement was put in place in one day. Now the car is a complete new experience. Drives absolutely beautifull with great speed dependent regulation of the power steering effect.
Please don't accept any stories that this is an electronic power steering effect that should be expected and accepted. It is not! It is an error occuring on some new Focus. And it should be replaced. Great thanks to Ford for a responsible and prompt response. Great service!!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #64
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,106, Level 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Forum Activity 23%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikkehn View Post
The Ford dealership here in Denmark test drove the car and immediately acknowledged the problem. They tried unsuccesfully to update the power stering software after which they replaced the entire steering rack. All with no discussions at all. The part which included the whole power steering assembly arrived in less than a week and the replacement was put in place in one day.
Hello Erikkehn,

Thank you for finding this forum to post your wonderful feedback; it is truly appreciated!

~Natasha

Old 10-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #65
Vaylance
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90283
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, SE sport sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Vaylance Good Standing Member
Thumbs down

Awesome.... I've had my new focus for 2 week now and everything was fantastic.... until I decided hop onto the highway last week and the car started to wander back and forth when I got up to speed. I'm a very good highway driver, I drive for a living, so I was not pleased when my Ford Dealer phoned me today and told me the car I dropped off was perfectly fine and I should try to get used to the steering.... now I'm not sure what I should do because this is my very first new car and I love it to bits other than this moderately unsafe Highway behavior.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #66
Erikkehn
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90528
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Focus Ecoboost Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Erikkehn Good Standing Member
Focus steering problem

Please don't accept any explanation that this is a problem you have to get used to. Any unsafe highway driving behavior is unacceptable, even if it is in your word "moderate" This is a fine and great engineered car which should never exhibit any unsafe behavior. As mentioned in my previous post, I had exactly the same problem. Ford test drove it and compared it with other Focus they had in stock. They acknowledged the problem right away and fixed it promptly under the warranty.
I bet Ford will have to make a recall sooner or later on certain serial numbers. However, please don't wait for that. You deserve the best car and you can get it. Don't wait for an accident to happen. So back to the dealership and ask them to test the car under the right circumstances (130 km/h for more than 10-15 minutes) or call Ford headquarters.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #67
fordswede
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90591
What I Drive: 2012 silvergray Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 fordswede Good Standing Member
2012 focus steering

I just picked up my new Ford Focus SE yesterday and when I took it for a freeway drive I got really concerned about the steering and handling at speeds over 65 mile per hour.

At lower speeds, the car handles well but at this speed it really Zig Zags and requires constant adjustment.

Can this be corrected????
Old 10-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #68
Eurofordfan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87186
What I Drive: 1985 Moto Guzzi T5 850 NT

FF Reputation: 1 Eurofordfan Good Standing Member
read this thread, starting at page one, and then also read these other two threads. You will find all of the info you need.

- Start of thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263243

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266616

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261200

There may be some duplication, here, but you will be very well imformed.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:43 PM   #69
NYCZPlan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90535
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus

FF Reputation: 1 NYCZPlan Good Standing Member
Hello,

You described the steering "locking up" on your Focus. I expereinced the same thing, a power steering control failure that shut down the power steering. The car is at a dealer currently. The technician verified that the PSCM failed("failure code 3000" I believe) but hasn't been able to tell me why it happened. I can't trust driving this car again until the source of the problem has been identified.

Did you ever find out what caused the power steering failure on your daiughter's vehivcle? Perhaps it is the same issue I am experiencing.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #70
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,106, Level 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Forum Activity 23%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylance View Post
Awesome.... I've had my new focus for 2 week now and everything was fantastic.... until I decided hop onto the highway last week and the car started to wander back and forth when I got up to speed.
Hi Vaylance,

Have you contacted Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre? If not, you can reach them at 1.800.565.3673 so they can assist. If you have already spoken with them, please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state and I will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordswede View Post
I just picked up my new Ford Focus SE yesterday and when I took it for a freeway drive I got really concerned about the steering and handling at speeds over 65 mile per hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCZPlan View Post
Hello,

I expereinced the same thing, a power steering control failure that shut down the power steering. The car is at a dealer currently. The technician verified that the PSCM failed("failure code 3000" I believe) but hasn't been able to tell me why it happened.
fordswede & NYCZPlan - Please PM me your info (VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state) so I can address your concerns.

Thanks!

~Natasha

Bookmarks & Social Networks